In the olden days when BB was acting like king, that irritating dial tone was meant to be a snub to other brands. So yes the name Blackberry is nothing but an embarrassment now. This is called the wind of change or rather payback time. Device sales said it all, no one wants Blackberry.
    Back in the day BB was not only acting like king, BB *was* king! I still love my BB and still have people drooling at my Passport. Secretly, some would love to have one, I believe, but for the "peer pressure"
    07-08-15 12:10 PM
    Quite often for it to annoy me.

The main issue however is that my phone line is a prepaid and I'm constantly filling up credit and in order to do so, here's what I actually have to type out every time I have to add credit:

*xxx*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*xxxxxxxxxx#

These above are all dials that I must do every time I need to recharge and I do it quite often. While I only switched to post paid yesterday it's still quite a bit that I dial from the dial pad. Sitting in front of my computer, search for a client's/colleague's number through outlook/business cards and proceed to pound out the numbers. Also, I use the 'dial-call-end' scenario to store any number that I may need to remember temporarily and it doesn't have to be an actual phone number.

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you entertain getting a job and getting a month to month contract with a carrier rather than demanding that someone else do something different at their job simply to make your life slightly less "annoying " in your perception.

How about you:

1.) Create a custom auto text with the number you need to repeatedly enter or save the number in password keeper and copy paste it into the phone app when needed?

2.) Take all of your medication until your Dr advises you otherwise.

This is a non issue guy!

I have news for you. People understand that phones make noise even in the real world in business.

Since you have to enter theses numbers presumably when you need to top up, why don't you simply swipe down from the top select silent mode do your top up and then turn silent off FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

I suspect the real source of your embarrassment is your need to top up your phone plan?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 12:34 PM
    For the Love of God - End this Thread!!
    07-08-15 02:09 PM
    I think if BlackBerry doesn't let us mute the dial pad, they should at least give us some alternative dial pad tones.

Other tones of thunder, horns, farts, moans, screams etc etc... all these would certainly sound less annoying than the standard tone.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:36 PM
    I suggest you entertain getting a job and getting a month to month contract with a carrier rather than demanding that someone else do something different at their job simply to make your life slightly less "annoying " in your perception.

How about you:

1.) Create a custom auto text with the number you need to repeatedly enter or save the number in password keeper and copy paste it into the phone app when needed?

2.) Take all of your medication until your Dr advises you otherwise.

This is a non issue guy!

I have news for you. People understand that phones make noise even in the real world in business.

Since you have to enter theses numbers presumably when you need to top up, why don't you simply swipe down from the top select silent mode do your top up and then turn silent off FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

I suspect the real source of your embarrassment is your need to top up your phone plan?

Posted via CB10
    Thankfully, I'm employed in a high enough position at one of the leading Piping stockists in the Saudi Arabia and I'm doing great as well. As for my carrier plan, I'm on a prepaid one as it actually suits my needs better and has better offers and approximately 70-80 percent of the population runs on prepaid plans.

If you've actually read the thread you would know that these numbers cannot be stored then pasted as each card (obviously) has a different code so your suggestion is not very helpful. Yes I can swipe down silence, enter the code, then un silence the phone but is this really the 'solution' for something so basic?

With that said, for the person who said only a handful of people have an issue with the dial tone I suggest you do a quick Google search about BlackBerry dial pad tone and see the threads that will pop up not only on CB but on the BlackBerry support forums as well. You even have some people asking to mute their dial pad tone since the BBOS days. If someone can let me know where I can offer this suggestion to BlackBerry then please let me know.

Anyway I guess this thread is going no where so there is no need to continue going at it. Mods feel free to shut it down if you feel that this is the correct decision.

Posted via CB10
    21stNow likes this.
    07-08-15 02:38 PM
    I usually have my device on vibe, that mutes the dialtone, as for the crowded elevator scenario I don't have that issue as the cell coverage here is so weak that it doesn't penetrate elevator doors!

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.840

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 04:38 PM
    I think if BlackBerry doesn't let us mute the dial pad, they should at least give us some alternative dial pad tones.

Other tones of thunder, horns, farts, moans, screams etc etc... all these would certainly sound less annoying than the standard tone.
    I am sure Blackberry has a load of these dial pad tones to annoy users somewhere including a volume control for it. They are still looking for them after all these years.
    07-08-15 08:28 PM
    If you must act busy with your phone and keep doing these silly little swipes, you will lose your finger prints one day.
    07-08-15 08:38 PM
    If you've actually read the thread you would know that these numbers cannot be stored then pasted as each card (obviously) has a different code so your suggestion is not very helpful. Yes I can swipe down silence, enter the code, then un silence the phone but is this really the 'solution' for something so basic?
    Posted via CB10
    No, I don't think we understand. If you type in the code even twice, then that suggestion is valid. If you are entering in 100% unique codes EVERY call, jawsus christmas, you need a new method and should not be complaining of swipedown-tap-dial-swipedown-tap. That's like walking 10 miles to the grocery store and complaining the milk is all the way in the last aisle.

Where I come from, the prepaid card is the same until you use up the credit, and you'd buy enough credit for a month or more usually at a time. If you top it up, the number is the same. If you are getting a new card instead of topping it up, that isn't usual for where I'm from. So if people are not following you, its because we're not familiar with using unique prepaid codes on every single call.
    07-09-15 02:24 AM
    Yeah they really need to give us settings for that.

Posted via king z10
    07-09-15 02:35 AM
    It's funny
    There is one guy that have a problem with the Dial tones " I don't like them too" and so many people are rude about his "issue" but the 1000 what should you think about android on BlackBerry Topic is okay.

Hm strange.
    An option would be great to disable it, and I'm using a passport, but I don't like it, when I'm using my keyboard with the assistant, that after use, the assistant is stay open, so I have to close it manually.
    If there an option to change that, I don't know it, but please: it's an issue for the one that creat the topics so calm down.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    07-09-15 03:35 AM
    Back in the day BB was not only acting like king, BB *was* king! I still love my BB and still have people drooling at my Passport. Secretly, some would love to have one, I believe, but for the "peer pressure"
    They are just been polite. Now don't you go pizz them off with that dial pad tone.
    07-09-15 04:38 AM
    ^^THIS^^ ... An old one ... but !
    For The Love of God - Remove the Dial pad tone!-duty_calls.png
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    07-09-15 05:18 AM
    For the Love of God - End this Thread!!
    THIS!!! ^^

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 06:59 AM
    What have we humans become? We're so easily annoyed and lazy. Swiping into silent mode is too much for us that we instead spend many multiple amounts of time complaining and defending our complaints rather than the simple work around would take us.

It's not enough that you have a half second work around for a problem that doesn't occur for many non prepaid users that you demand it be corrected by someone else who really owes you nothing.

Why aren't you complaining about the ridiculous frequency of random numbers you have to enter on such a regular basis that the mere sound of entering these large volume and frequency is bothersome to you and people around you?

It's never even crossed my mind that the dial pad sound was something that needed customization. It's a phone and makes phone noises. If I for some reason didn't want to make noise then I simply switched it to silent.

This reminds me of the "make the snooze button bigger on the alarm " complaints that people make when in reality the bedside mode uses an entire screen snooze buttoned but they refuse to use it.

The solution is already present. It's on you if you decide not to use it.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 10:19 AM
    If you must act busy with your phone and keep doing these silly little swipes, you will lose your finger prints one day.
    Actually I could care less if my phone sounds like a phone and don't need to regularly enter a stupid amount of random numbers into my phone application so I don't need to do as I suggested.

I'm also not worried about my finger prints wearing thin or my ears being annoyed by my entering of numbers in my phone either.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 10:23 AM
    Actually I could care less if my phone sounds like a phone and don't need to regularly enter a stupid amount of random numbers into my phone application so I don't need to do as I suggested.

I'm also not worried about my finger prints wearing thin or my ears being annoyed by my entering of numbers in my phone either.
    That's exactly what I'd said earlier, having a phone does not mean you will use it to talk as in a communication device. Some just prefer to toy with it while others treat it as a fashion accessory, like a earring. I cannot see how that dial pad noise is ever going to affect any of these people when they don't even need a dial pad.

What I don't understand is why these people have an issue with those who are affected by this stupid dial pad noise. I am sure there are more "meaningful" things they can go find fault with others.
    Last edited by Bishkin; 07-09-15 at 11:11 AM.
    07-09-15 10:50 AM
    No, I don't think we understand. If you type in the code even twice, then that suggestion is valid. If you are entering in 100% unique codes EVERY call, jawsus christmas, you need a new method and should not be complaining of swipedown-tap-dial-swipedown-tap. That's like walking 10 miles to the grocery store and complaining the milk is all the way in the last aisle.

Where I come from, the prepaid card is the same until you use up the credit, and you'd buy enough credit for a month or more usually at a time. If you top it up, the number is the same. If you are getting a new card instead of topping it up, that isn't usual for where I'm from. So if people are not following you, its because we're not familiar with using unique prepaid codes on every single call.
    The code is different every single time. It's a different card every time. For example, in the past week I've had to manually input 4 cards, with each one having a unique code. I also constantly check my credit, expiry date, offers, all by dialing some digits through the dial pad. But filling up credit is only part of the story...I actually use the dial pad to dial a lot of numbers that are not stored in my phone book.

As for people not following, it has nothing to do with me not explaining; my point was clear. It's just that people will automatically jump on anything that attacks BlackBerry. Even if the thread was started with a calm tone the outcome and replies would have been exactly the same. A lot of times when people don't agree with what someone says on these forums they will attack. I've been here long enough to know how things work around here, and to say the least, it is unfortunate.

Just look at the double typing issues threads and you will know what I mean. It reached a point where someone was asked to post videos to prove he had double typing issues; it is downright ridiculous. So anything against BlackBerry = attack.

I don't think I'm asking too much from BlackBerry such as fixing the camera focus, the WiFi issues, the double typing issues, contacts app, which may seem more complicated to fix and have been there for a while.

But a toggle to silence a dial pad tone? Sorry but it's absolutely ridiculous and I will stick to my point of it being something completely stupid. It's a simple request that (obviously) will make many users experience better - it's that simple.
    07-09-15 10:52 AM
    As for people not following, it has nothing to do with me not explaining; my point was clear. It's just that people will automatically jump on anything that attacks BlackBerry. Even if the thread was started with a calm tone the outcome and replies would have been exactly the same. A lot of times when people don't agree with what someone says on these forums they will attack. I've been here long enough to know how things work around here, and to say the least, it is unfortunate.
    These people have no life, lack self esteem and also lack people skills. So this forum give them a chance to boss around believing they are really somebody. Like I said earlier, they are not only rude, they are crude and lack social etiquette.
    07-09-15 11:03 AM
    As a business user myself I would find constantly topping up my phone to be as ridiculous and annoying as the by-product noise entering all those numbers on such a regular basis.

I understand your frustration with your perceived lack of customization but remember this isn't a public project that's open source and looking for new features to add. This is a struggling company with bigger things to worry about.

I could ultimately care less in the scheme of things about BlackBerry so I am not defending them. I too find many things lacking or needing improvement.

The reason I disagree with what you are asking for is how frivolous the demand is in my opinion. You say there are many posts to the same effect. Well if you look at the number of users of bb10 or bbos (albeit dwindling) vs. The number of complaints it's still a drop in the bucket.

If you were asking me I would say someone in your high position shouldn't be wasting their time entering a significant amount of numbers topping up your phone plan let all complaining about it on a fan site not even connected to BlackBerry. I strongly suggest you look at the real source of the dial pad noise which is your need to enter so many numbers so frequently.

Maybe other carriers offer streamlined ways of topping up. When I travel with my prepaid plan it allows for a simple text top up with my registered Cc. It takes me seconds.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:31 AM
    These people have no life, lack self esteem and also lack people skills. So this forum give them a chance to boss around believing they are really somebody. Like I said earlier, they are not only rude, they are crude and lack social etiquette.
    Thank you Dr. Phil.

I may have been sarcastic but that's about it.

Also I'm here because I enjoy interesting debate and because I think it's funny that people demand things that are not owed to them for frivolous reasons that really only serve their individual purpose. I like to play devils advocate as you are.

I'm not attacking your need to defend some random strangers demands am I?

Give your head a shake and look at how meaningless this request is not only for BlackBerry and its users but in the bigger picture of society. What are we owed or entitled to? Nothing! You want something go work for it. Don't complain and demand someone else go out of their way for you! It sickens me!

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    07-09-15 11:36 AM
    Give your head a shake and look at how meaningless this request is not only for BlackBerry and its users but in the bigger picture of society. What are we owed or entitled to? Nothing! You want something go work for it. Don't complain and demand someone else go out of their way for you! It sickens me!
    If you did notice the bigger picture of society, you might even notice that the majority of the hand phone users are with Android or iPhones who have no dial pad noise issues. In other words, they are the majority, as a matter of fact majority in most societies around the world. Blackberry users are just drops in the ocean but that should not make us special. You should go out more. There are many countries in this world, that my passport need more pages.
    07-09-15 11:56 AM
    If you did notice the bigger picture of society, you might even notice that the majority of the hand phone users are with Android or iPhones who have no dial pad noise issues. In other words, they are the majority, as a matter of fact majority in most societies around the world. Blackberry users are just drops in the ocean but that should not make us special. You should go out more. There are many countries in this world, that my passport need more pages.
    Who cares about what phones are where...

I'm talking about how everyone thinks something is owed to them or they are entitled to something.

Where is it written that a manufacturer has to cater to your every whim or dislike? "Oh my Nike shoes don't pump up....Nike I demand that you make my existing pair of shoes pump up. It's embarrassing that they can't do this and every other manufacturer is going this way....."

Your phone is the way it is until it isn't or you change brands.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    07-09-15 12:18 PM
    Who cares about what phones are where...
    You did asked for a bigger picture of society, I am only offerring you more.

I'm talking about how everyone thinks something is owed to them or they are entitled to something.

Where is it written that a manufacturer has to cater to your every whim or dislike? "Oh my Nike shoes don't pump up....Nike I demand that you make my existing pair of shoes pump up. It's embarrassing that they can't do this and every other manufacturer is going this way....."

Your phone is the way it is until it isn't or you change brands.
    You are either tone deaf or the noise on the dial pad does not bother you, in which case the issue raise by the OP should not concern you.. What you have are issues with people. So why don't you waste your time productively in other threads?
    07-09-15 12:36 PM
    You did asked for a bigger picture of society, I am only offerring you more.

You are either tone deaf or the noise on the dial pad does not bother you, in which case the issue raise by the OP should not concern you.. What you have are issues with people. So why don't you waste your time productively in other threads?
    Tone deaf suggests that I hear out of key. How is that relevant?

You are right however. I do take issues with people and their sense of entitlement and self importance.

BlackBerry isn't apple or Google. Clearly those are better companies. Some people like BlackBerry, warts and all, over those companies and don't have issues with minimal quirks as the general experience is vastly more efficient than the other guys offering despite its apparent louder dial pad options.

Clearly the op has weighed the priorities that were important to them and decided to go BlackBerry. By this decision comes some potential risk of missing out features of another brand. If this becomes too much then the sound of the dial pad becomes a higher priority and that user should then choose another quieter device.

You may like what a Toyota offers but a Honda has a feature you like or prefer. Ultimately a decision has to be made and you have to live with it afterwards. You can't demand Toyota change that feature to suit you!

If it were me I would simply stop being a slave to my prepaid service in favor of a monthly if the top ups were 4 times a week.

Either way nothing is going to change by ******** about it in a crack berry forum. I also explained why I had an issue with it but why do you feel the need to defend the op. You are doing the very same you are accusing me of. We're both guilty of going around in circles and ultimately wasting our collective time.

Alright that's enough of this thread for me.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    07-09-15 01:00 PM
190 ... 34567 ...