To silence the Dial Pad tone I just go to Settings - Notifications - Manually Select the Profile I am Going to Use from the 'Profiles' header and then slide the sound OFF under the subheader 'App Exceptions'... No annoying tones when I use the dial pad... I edited all my profiles to reflect such...

Attachment 361256

Posted via CB10
    This seems to be a workable solution so far. But it would help if there is some sorta Script/App to do this task

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-06-15 09:10 PM
    To silence the Dial Pad tone I just go to Settings - Notifications - Manually Select the Profile I am Going to Use from the 'Profiles' header and then slide the sound OFF under the subheader 'App Exceptions'... No annoying tones when I use the dial pad... I edited all my profiles to reflect such...

Attachment 361256

Posted via CB10

Well... What fun is that???
    07-06-15 10:35 PM
    This is another one of those intelligent threads that NO MATTER what you offer it won't be satisfactory!
    So STOP feeding the whiners.or the duck gets it!!

For The Love of God - Remove the Dial pad tone!-duckgun.jpg
    BCITMike likes this.
    07-06-15 10:44 PM
    Spoken with authority. 2.5 years and this is the first time you hear about this, BB10 must be perfect since day 1 then. How do you know OP is in the minority, other than something that you magically manufactured.
    Please point me to all the previous threads ranting about this. That is my point. Complaints about wallpaper popup changes, complaints about double typing issue, complaints about shopblackberry, etc, etc. Those are repeated issues brought up over and over in the last 2.5 years. I'm saying that this dial tone issue is not reported very often, hence its a minority issue. I thought it was pretty clear, but I hope you understand now.

More than a year ago, there was this bug of text correction brought up by another forumer. I added to those postings. And you know what, someone did ask me to spec out that problem for him otherwise he won't consider that a bug (who the hell is he anyway?). I did and pointed out I made that in an earlier post and of course he did not want to read about that. And then he ask for test results and some of us posted that for him. You know what is the next thing he ask for as part of his denial of the bug, he ask for a VIDEO.
    What is your point? This sounds unrelated.

You been a QA Manager, I sure can understand why you want to kick the can further down the road. Some people are just not interested in problems that concerned others, but that is fine with me.
    Kick the can further down the road? Not sure if that means what you think it means, but there is no where to kick the can to make it someone else's problem. If it doesn't get assigned to a developer by QA manager, then the can stops. Period. Who are these some people you are referring to? Crackberry members? BlackBerry devs? I don't know what you're saying here.
    07-07-15 03:14 AM
    Sure, let's just buried it somewhere or simply sweep it under the carpet. We all only want to hear good things about Blackberry.
    I'm confused. Where did I say that?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:15 AM
    I'm confused. Where did I say that?

Not you, I say that. Simply because I rather see something as annoying as that dial pad tone get buried somewhere and never get discussed. If it is not discussed here in CB then how on earth can that be an issue for all Blackberry users, the issue then never exists.

Yes, I know I know, people don't use their phone to make calls these days. To them a handphone is just an accessory like a earring, something that they want to be part of a landscape. And that makes it diffcult for people to understand my annoyance when I take out my Blackberry to dial a number to make a call. Can you imagine how stupid my Blackberry phone must have felt when people around me wonder where the hell did that noise came from.

But it is getting a little better, I created a profile to get around this stupid bug. And I always use my iPhone to call where possible because others around me should not share my annoyance of this stupid noise the Blackberry dial pad makes. That is rude, very very rude.
    passport1 likes this.
    07-07-15 08:38 AM
    This thread gave me cancer.

Richard
    07-07-15 09:15 AM
    Not you, I say that. Simply because I rather see something as annoying as that dial pad tone get buried somewhere and never get discussed. If it is not discussed here in CB then how on earth can that be an issue for all Blackberry users, the issue then never exists.
    I can't believe you haven't gotten it yet and it keeps going over your head over and over again.

I've read this thread since it was first posted, and refrained from posting due to how stupid I find it.

Let me clear up your misconception; the amount of users that have an "issue" (not a bug, or an issue but actually a preference) with the dial pad tone can probably be counted with one hand. It's not discussed here because the majority of users don't find it to be a problem. It's not now nor has it ever been an issue; so YES, this "issue" has never existed.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) and BCITMike like this.
    07-07-15 02:06 PM
    Well, maybe god did have a hand in this after all because NOW we can Officially call it an issue.

Ain't life great???
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-07-15 08:04 PM
    I can't believe you haven't gotten it yet and it keeps going over your head over and over again.

I've read this thread since it was first posted, and refrained from posting due to how stupid I find it.

Let me clear up your misconception; the amount of users that have an "issue" (not a bug, or an issue but actually a preference) with the dial pad tone can probably be counted with one hand. It's not discussed here because the majority of users don't find it to be a problem. It's not now nor has it ever been an issue; so YES, this "issue" has never existed.
    Then you can try and get this into your head, the whole point of sweeping this issue under the carpet is to just pretend it is not there. Yes, I agree with you that if it is not on CB even though this was mentioned before in CB and how long are you going to pretend it is not there.

You might like the noise that the stupid phone make when you dial a number, and that the only phone that still does that in public is a Blackberry. Not only do I find that a nuisance, it is not only rude but crude. It is simply a lack of phone etiquette, very very bad manners which is okay for you but definitely not for me. Show some consideration to the people around you, walk away from others when you want to enjoy your dial pad.

Oh, and the next time you go to the movies, please put your phone on silent mode. Yes, I know you own a phone and you have every right to use it anywhere you see fit, but spare a thought for others. That would be a good start.
    Last edited by Bishkin; 07-07-15 at 09:02 PM.
    07-07-15 08:31 PM
    Then you can try and get this into your head, the whole point of sweeping this issue under the carpet is to just pretend it is not there. Yes, I agree with you that if it is not on CB even though this was mentioned before in CB and how long are you going to pretend it is not there.

You might like the noise that the stupid phone make when you dial a number, and that the only phone that still does that in public is a Blackberry. Not only do I find that a nuisance, it is not only rude but crude. It is simply a lack of phone etiquette, very very bad manners which is okay for you but definitely not for me. Show some consideration to the people around you, walk away from others when you want to enjoy your dial pad.
    Sweeping the issue under the carpet? We are the people who are indifferent to this issue. It's up to the person complaining to file a feature request. None of us are getting in the way or preventing that. If they add it, it has no effect on me! (in other words, I don't care whether its added or not).

If said option was added, I would likely not use it. Up until the last week, tone audio was not on my mind in all the years I've used cell phones. That being said, I am NOT a person who makes lots of calls. Maybe OP is.

Dialing is how many seconds? A conversation is how long? Who is going to stay in public to dial the number and then go somewhere private to talk? Just go somewhere private then dial and talk!

If I'm going to be annoyed by the person next to me on the phone, its not going to be the < 10 seconds of dialing and it'll be the > 10 seconds of talking. If there is a completely quiet setting, I'm going to hear dial tones AND a conversation, but only one ends.

Different experiences for different people. Some of the things people are saying here just doesn't relate to me. Whether people use phones with dial pads on the headset or pound out buttons on the base set, noise has always existed, just different forms to different people.

You consider the dial tone to be absolutely annoying to neighboring people. I'm not, I'm annoyed by the people talking (especially in other languages, which gets interpreted as noise that can't be mentally blocked as easily as a conversation in the same language).

I have a Z30. I hold the phone out in my hand and extend my arm out, dial a few numbers, and it's barely audible to me! That is approximately 3ft from my ear. I can't find a stick or something to test different distances, and I don't have anyone handy to assist me. It might be different for different phones/speakers. Someone mentioned the other week that they thought dial tone was loud, which I don't think is "loud". Its not quiet 8 inches away, but its not "loud". This is going to be up to the person's own preference. (I'm doing this at the end of the work day, no one around me. There is background noise, but not excessively).

Just to summarize. No one is really against adding an option as a feature. Most people are taking offense at the language and the severity claimed by the OP. This thread would have gone down 100% different if it went like this:

-----------
    Topic: Anyone else want an option to turn off dial tones?

Body: I find the dial tones to be really loud and effects the users around me. On iOS and Android and even BB7 there are options to disable dial tones, and this is greatly missing from BB10. This should be added as a separate option in the sound profiles. Anyone else bothered by this and would like to see this feature added ASAP? I have filed a feature request with BlackBerry, please add your support so they can see this is a really needed option!
    -----------

My equivalent "For the love of god" rants would be on the Samsung whistle sound and the iPhone rotary phone ringing sound (probably made me lose interest in Republic of Doyle TV show). I'll be eating lunch in a restaurant, and 10+ Samsung whistles occur in a few minutes. They are distracting and take me out of my concentration/conversation. They drive me nuts, but I have no control over other phones! Other people like these sounds just fine (but lots of people who also loathe that sound)! (There is a point there...)
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-07-15 09:15 PM
    Dialing is how many seconds? A conversation is how long? Who is going to stay in public to dial the number and then go somewhere private to talk? Just go somewhere private then dial and talk!

If I'm going to be annoyed by the person next to me on the phone, its not going to be the < 10 seconds of dialing and it'll be the > 10 seconds of talking. If there is a completely quiet setting, I'm going to hear dial tones AND a conversation, but only one ends.
    That's one thing I find a little silly about all this. Like the guy who wants to be able to enter the numbers silently on a crowded elevator - like it is the TONES that is going to annoy everyone, and not the ensuing conversation...lol

But I don't agree with discounting an "issue". If the lack of this basic feature interferes with the way THEY want to use their phone, then it's an issue for them - and no less valid than any obscure issue you might have. The OP's point was loaded with hyperbole - yes, a bit over the top, but the bottom line is he wishes it worked like other handsets do. Ranting here is not going to fix it though. Hopefully he at least files a feature request.

His only problem is that it's not an issue that seems to have affected loads of people. I NEVER even gave it a thought before this thread, and it won't affect me whether it is "fixed" or not. I can't even remember ever noticing the sounds. I am on the phone a LOT. I am out in the field, running projects - making and taking calls all day long. The thing is, the numbers are rarely entered on the keypad. They either come from my phone book, or in a text, email, Web site, etc, and I tap them to call. New numbers are added to my contacts, as it's very rare that I call a number that I'm sure I will never need again. The "fix" seems trivial to Implement though, so that works in his favor.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:19 PM
    But I don't agree with discounting an "issue". If the lack of this basic feature interferes with the way THEY want to use their phone, then it's an issue for them - and no less valid than any obscure issue you might have. The OP's point was loaded with hyperbole - yes, a bit over the top, but the bottom line is he wishes it worked like other handsets do. Ranting here is not going to fix it though. Hopefully he at least files a feature request.

His only problem is that it's not an issue that seems to have affected loads of people. I NEVER even gave it a thought before this thread, and it won't affect me whether it is "fixed" or not. I can't even remember ever noticing the sounds. I am on the phone a LOT. I am out in the field, running projects - making and taking calls all day long. The thing is, the numbers are rarely entered on the keypad. They either come from my phone book, or in a text, email, Web site, etc, and I tap them to call. New numbers are added to my contacts, as it's very rare that I call a number that I'm sure I will never need again. The "fix" seems trivial to Implement though, so that works in his favor.
    The irritating dial tone is not a feature, it is just a very simple bug which unfortunately some are making silly excuses to cover that up. But there is no denial that things are in Blackberry's favor, given their market share of users is negligible. If Android and iPhone users have this "feature" too, then imagine the amount of noise the environment will be filled with.

Besides, I don't need a long list of contacts on my phone to fill the gaps. Some numbers I just simply dial them.
    07-07-15 10:42 PM
    The irritating dial tone is not a feature, it is just a very simple bug which unfortunately some are making silly excuses to cover that up. But there is no denial that things are in Blackberry's favor, given their market share of users is negligible. If Android and iPhone users have this "feature" too, then imagine the amount of noise the environment will be filled with.
    I never said the "dial tone" is a feature. The missing feature I was talking about was the ability to SILENCE the tone. It's not a bug, it's a missing feature. You seem to have completely misunderstood my post.

Posted via CB10
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    07-07-15 11:08 PM
    Besides, I don't need a long list of contacts on my phone to fill the gaps. Some numbers I just simply dial them.
    I have no idea what this comment means. Contact entries are for convenience. What gaps are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:12 PM
    I never said the "dial tone" is a feature. The missing feature I was talking about was the ability to SILENCE the tone. It's not a bug, it's a missing feature. You seem to have completely misunderstood my post.
    My mistake, a feature meant to silence a bug.
    07-07-15 11:22 PM
    I have no idea what this comment means. Contact entries are for convenience. What gaps are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    It just means I have no need for a long contacts listing. Simply dialing numbers off the top of my head is an easy task for me.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    07-07-15 11:25 PM
    Sweeping the issue under the carpet?
    OK! How'd we get from the tone issue to the janitorial responsibilities?

If you haven't "Got it by now.... This thread isn't really about tone issues or anything Blackberry.
    The OP wants to get into a religious discussion!

He couldn't care less weather Chen knows about this issue or not.
    God's gonna fix it!

Of course, That's just my opinion but none of the other suggestions have been excepted.
    If I could... I'd simply take the phone away from the OP and that would settle this issue!

07-08-15 04:57 AM
    As so many threads on CB.

 Classic
    07-08-15 06:32 AM
    I never said the "dial tone" is a feature.
    It would be cool though, if we could get it as a ring tone.
    Admins could set it as a standard ring tone on devices of people they don't like.
    07-08-15 08:18 AM
    Slow day at work so I "wasted" time reading through the thread, and darn, it is somewhat hilarious I guess this is what makes CrackBerry forums what they are; a repository of differing opinions that range from helpful to humorous.

Just to stay on topic, I agree with an option to disable the dial tones for those who don't want to hear it. The profile thing is a good workaround but involves a few extra steps to toggle on and off. Personally, I don't mind the tones. I don't dial or talk on the phone in elevators. However, some of the very few times I need to dial, I put my phone on speaker to hear the tones when dialing before switching back for the actual conversation; it does sound a bit retro and nostalgic.

Someone implied having a BBRY is a bit embarrassing because of dial tones. IMO that is a bit over the top, but to each is own.
    07-08-15 10:20 AM
    Newbie agrees with the OP - an easy access option to mute the keypad dial tones would be very much appreciated, BB.

Incidentally, this is the thread which encouraged me to finally sign up to CB rather than just searching it for answers. I use my Passport with an external monitor, KB&M, have Snap installed, make great use of a good data package - yet I can't find a way (despite trying) to easily mute the phone dial key tones. Guess I'm twice the ***** I thought I was. (idjut)
    Last edited by alixus; 07-08-15 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity.
    07-08-15 10:35 AM
    Slow day at work so I "wasted" time reading through the thread, and darn, it is somewhat hilarious I guess this is what makes CrackBerry forums what they are; a repository of differing opinions that range from helpful to humorous.

Just to stay on topic, I agree with an option to disable the dial tones for those who don't want to hear it. The profile thing is a good workaround but involves a few extra steps to toggle on and off. Personally, I don't mind the tones. I don't dial or talk on the phone in elevators. However, some of the very few times I need to dial, I put my phone on speaker to hear the tones when dialing before switching back for the actual conversation; it does sound a bit retro and nostalgic.

Someone implied having a BBRY is a bit embarrassing because of dial tones. IMO that is a bit over the top, but to each is own.
    In the olden days when BB was acting like king, that irritating dial tone was meant to be a snub to other brands. So yes the name Blackberry is nothing but an embarrassment now. This is called the wind of change or rather payback time. Device sales said it all, no one wants Blackberry.
    07-08-15 10:56 AM
    The dial pad sound is definitely not a "bug" it's designed to do that whether you like it or not .
    I can see why some find it annoying though.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:00 AM
    OP I agree with you. But I don't mind the dial tone as long as it's not too loud. In my case, I've got a Classic with SR 10.3.1.1865, and the dial tone is pretty loud with no way to adjust. I don't know if the loudness is due to a bug in my OS version, but it would be nice if there were a way to disable this entirely.
    07-08-15 11:18 AM
190 ... 23456 ...