I am maybe one of users that love this OS. Just want to share it is very sad that it will be end.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-18 11:48 PM
    Same here.. All I ever buy is a BlackBerry... Hopefully I'll be able to afford a KEYone next year or the year after.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-18 05:16 AM
    I never buy blackberry again after bbandroid release like priv and the Last motion. Why? You are like games, they will control yours what they want.

And now we learn from bbos and bb10, they leave it, I think it is like blackberry detek50 60 prive won't supported. Ckckckck...
    I don't like this factory again. Accepted blackberry passport

Posted via CB10
    05-05-18 06:27 AM
    BB10 was good for it’s time. I prefer BBAndroid now.
    05-05-18 07:17 AM
    I never buy blackberry again after bbandroid release like priv and the Last motion. Why? You are like games, they will control yours what they want.

And now we learn from bbos and bb10, they leave it, I think it is like blackberry detek50 60 prive won't supported. Ckckckck...
    I don't like this factory again. Accepted blackberry passport

Posted via CB10
    You can accept it for a limited amount of time.
    05-05-18 07:33 AM
    BB10 was a great OS. I would still be using it had it been a viable OS that was able to run with the big boys.
    glwerry likes this.
    05-05-18 08:32 AM
    Same here BlackBerry 10 till the last breath of the OS or maybe until September, the new IPhone is coming and could be the moment....

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-05-18 02:35 PM
    I'm on BB10 for the long haul

Posted via CB10
    gruv4u likes this.
    05-05-18 06:12 PM
    I'm on BB10 for the long haul

Posted via CB10
    At this point, it’s a short bridge.
    eiruvrav, skrble and ppeters914 like this.
    05-05-18 07:46 PM
    BB10 was good for it’s time. I prefer BBAndroid now.

I have always wanted to ask you about the perception of the BlackBerry Android devices for someone in your field of finance and investment management in the US?

Having a background in the same field myself, BlackBerry still has a decent level of market penetration in Canada either with devices such as the Classic, 9900 or some of the other BlackBerry phones. It's not unusual to see finance and law professionals using them in 2018.

Since a lot of people in finance might have had BlackBerry devices for years up until probably 2011, 2012 when things started to go downhill quickly, I am wondering what your colleagues opinion of the devices and brand is now. Do you see a lot of them ever converting or being interested in the future? Does BlackBerry Mobile have a chance at getting any market within that industry and others such as law in the US or is it dead in the water?

Appreciate your insights.

Thx

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-05-18 08:03 PM
    I have always wanted to ask you about the perception of the BlackBerry Android devices for someone in your field of finance and investment management in the US?

Having a background in the same field myself, BlackBerry still has a decent level of market penetration in Canada either with devices such as the Classic, 9900 or some of the other BlackBerry phones. It's not unusual to see finance and law professionals using them in 2018.

Since a lot of people in finance might have had BlackBerry devices for years up until probably 2011, 2012 when things started to go downhill quickly, I am wondering what your colleagues opinion of the devices and brand is now. Do you see a lot of them ever converting or being interested in the future? Does BlackBerry Mobile have a chance at getting any market within that industry and others such as law in the US or is it dead in the water?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    I think BlackBerry Mobile is interested in the corporate-managed device (EMM) market (to be on the list of approved devices) and the pkb market.

I'm not sure how the specific profession is relevant.
    05-05-18 08:20 PM

Thx

Posted via CB10
    At this point, BBAndroid offers very little extra beyond a PKB for people in Finance and/or Law in the USA. This is because both fields held onto BBOS longer than most other fields waiting for the promise of BB10. Since both corporate and client expectations had five years of evolution from the introduction of Android/IOS to BB10, the introduction of better solutions actually benefited Android/IOS over BB10.

EMM and MDM solutions were developed for Android/IOS that allowed both mobile OS to perform more effectively than BBOS using BIS or BES and more securely than BB10. All that BBAndroid has over Android is that BB feel over plain Android. Since corporate users have adjusted to Android/IOS with BYOD or enterprise provided devices, those users moved on. The only fundamental difference is PKB and that’s a user preference only.

Companies already lock down Android with Knox so BBAndroid is just another choice. BBMo has the opportunity to win share back if carriers get back on board with business accounts but devices have to be priced attractively over current default options. If BB can help BBMo in helping secure internal corporate mobile apps better or provide industry privacy required guarantees, that could help. This is all software based and companies have to be willing to pay over their own internal development costs. It may be just as easily provided for all mobile devices using BBAndroid software developed for all devices on Android. That helps BB more and not so much for BBMo.
    Laura Knotek and co4nd like this.
    05-05-18 08:27 PM
    Conite & Chuck,

I appreciate both of your commentary on the topic as I have always wondered wither BlackBerry Mobile would gain any traction with corporate users again in the US.

The Keyone has been moderately successful for BlackBerry Mobile as per their comments and I hope that the successor is also well priced, well build and performs to expectations.

When I talk to people who used BlackBerry devices in a corporate environment, years before things like apps and social media became such a unique part of our lives, people always had positive things to say about them. The keyboard, the battery, the build quality and longevity. People would miss their BlackBerry phones and even on social media channels and whenever a famous person mentions it, people will always show appreciation and found memories but a lot of people have yet to return.

For my personal tastes, I need the keyboard as I have always loved the clean, executive and polished look of a BlackBerry.

Thanks again and sorry about the long post!

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-05-18 08:38 PM
    Conite & Chuck,

I appreciate both of your commentary on the topic as I have always wondered wither BlackBerry Mobile would gain any traction with corporate users again in the US.
    My employer (software company with 90k+ employees) retired BES at the end of 2015 and only supported iOS and a handful of Android devices (mostly the Samsung Galaxy and Note line). I was lucky enough to get my PRIV and every subsequent BerryDroid device on Android for as I thought my Passport SE would be the last BB device I'd get to use for work.

Fast forward to today and the KEYone is on the short list for approved Android devices.

I don't know about other companies, but when mine sent notices about BES shutting down, a large contingent of employees were quite vocal about having to move to an iPhone. I do believe there's definitely a core group of corporate BB users out there who want to be serviced.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-05-18 09:24 PM
    My employer (software company with 90k+ employees) retired BES at the end of 2015 and only supported iOS and a handful of Android devices (mostly the Samsung Galaxy and Note line). I was lucky enough to get my PRIV and every subsequent BerryDroid device on Android for as I thought my Passport SE would be the last BB device I'd get to use for work.

Fast forward to today and the KEYone is on the short list for approved Android devices.

I don't know about other companies, but when mine sent notices about BES shutting down, a large contingent of employees were quite vocal about having to move to an iPhone. I do believe there's definitely a core group of corporate BB users out there who want to be serviced.
    Your company is literally the prototypical example of what I explained regarding existing corporate landscape. The problem for BBMo is getting on that short list of approved devices. Who does your company use for its primary or exclusive carrier?
    05-06-18 08:00 AM
    + from me
    05-06-18 08:36 AM
    Your company is literally the prototypical example of what I explained regarding existing corporate landscape. The problem for BBMo is getting on that short list of approved devices. Who does your company use for its primary or exclusive carrier?
    My company is probably 90% iOS and 10% Android for Work. BES and WP support ended at the end of 2015. iPhones are the default device that is issued and you have to raise an exception to get approved for Android for Work. Most people aren't super mobile geeks like we are so can't be bothered and therefore end up getting an iPhone whether they like it or not. Very few people BYOD.

The ironic part is given a choice, I believe at least half of the company would prefer something other than an iPhone. When I'm in the field or at our large conferences, I get ribbed quite a bit for having a BB but then the ribbers always end up saying "you know, I was way more productive with my old BB then I was with this iPhone" .

Just goes to show you that the "best" OS doesn't always win. For big corporations , it's about achieving economies of scale. As much as I find iOS too primitive, Apple's scalability, purchasing power and softwares developer influence is unmatched and companies will latch on, even if it's an inferior product technically speaking.

It's about mindshare, marketing and hooking your target audience early, getting that adoption and turning them into lifetime customers. BB missed that boat when the shift in the mobile environment turned to consumers.
    Bbnivende and Mecca EL like this.
    05-06-18 08:58 AM
    My company is probably 90% iOS and 10% Android for Work. BES and WP support ended at the end of 2015. iPhones are the default device that is issued and you have to raise an exception to get approved for Android for Work. Most people aren't super mobile geeks like we are so can't be bothered and therefore end up getting an iPhone whether they like it or not. Very few people BYOD.

The ironic part is given a choice, I believe at least half of the company would prefer something other than an iPhone. When I'm in the field or at our large conferences, I get ribbed quite a bit for having a BB but then the ribbers always end up saying "you know, I was way more productive with my old BB then I was with this iPhone" .

Just goes to show you that the "best" OS doesn't always win. For big corporations , it's about achieving economies of scale. As much as I find iOS too primitive, Apple's scalability, purchasing power and softwares developer influence is unmatched and companies will latch on, even if it's an inferior product technically speaking.

It's about mindshare, marketing and hooking your target audience early, getting that adoption and turning them into lifetime customers. BB missed that boat when the shift in the mobile environment turned to consumers.
    I agree. I’ve always felt that BB should have embraced Android from the beginning. Had they kept BBOS running like they have since the beginning and developed BBAndroid from the introduction of Android has secure overlay like Knox, it would have given them advantage with all the OEMs. I still believe hardware would be licensed as now simply because the company has never been a consumer oriented company. The difference is that you’d see BBAndroid or the BB suite on millions of phones and the billions wasted on BB10 would still be in BB coffers. It’s the strategy that Chen has pursued but instead of getting the puck at center ice with the 2017-2018 Lightning he was handed the 2017-2018 Canucks on a power-play. (See what I did there)
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-06-18 09:34 AM
    It’s the strategy that Chen has pursued but instead of getting the puck at center ice with the 2017-2018 Lightning he was handed the 2017-2018 Canucks on a power-play. (See what I did there)
    Savage!
    05-06-18 12:38 PM
    When I talk to people who used BlackBerry devices in a corporate environment, years before things like apps and social media became such a unique part of our lives, people always had positive things to say about them. The keyboard, the battery, the build quality and longevity. People would miss their BlackBerry phones and even on social media channels and whenever a famous person mentions it, people will always show appreciation and found memories but a lot of people have yet to return.
    That's because there's a BIG difference between remembering something fondly (in the context of the era it was in) and wanting to go back to that earlier era. You don't see new cars with carburetors, or bicycles made from heavy steel, or people buying big box speakers for their living rooms in any significant volume, even if they loved those things in the past - and that's largely because there weren't any better options in the past. Today, we have fuel injection, carbon fiber bike frames, and in-wall/in-ceiling speakers that sound great - and we have phones that can do a lot more than email, messaging, and phone calls.

When people buy a smartphone today, they compare the offerings of TODAY - not based on a decade ago. Apple completely re-defined what a smartphone was, and then Apps and high-quality cameras, audio, sensors, and accessories-integration further widened the definition of what a smartphone should do for the vast majority of users. BB fought against those trends for far too long, because they knew BBOS couldn't keep up but the sooner they replaced BBOS, the sooner they would lose their primary source of revenue - which was never smartphone sales, but Service Access Fees (SAFs) for BIS and BES. Mike Lazaridis painted BB into a corner, and he could never figure a way back out, because he was unwilling to disrupt his existing product line - and allowed the rest of the market to disrupt it for him.
    05-06-18 04:04 PM
    I am maybe one of users that love this OS. Just want to share it is very sad that it will be end.

Posted via CB10
    Android a step backwards. I just love the BB10 Os. It is simply awesome! BlackBerry killed itself by going crapdroid.
    Nathan Dyck likes this.
    05-08-18 12:50 AM
    Android a step backwards. I just love the BB10 Os. It is simply awesome! BlackBerry killed itself by going crapdroid.
    Great elaboration.
    05-08-18 02:45 AM
    BB10 was stillborn and practically killed BlackBerry at the very beginning. When you think of BB10 think of it like Betamax...
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-08-18 05:59 AM
    BlackBerry barely survived the BB10 fiasco.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-08-18 06:23 AM
    So everyone goes to Android...Blackberry too. It's so boring, just apps, no hub, no real evolution although so many android versions.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax, YesAndNo and Nathan Dyck like this.
    05-08-18 08:46 AM
352 123 ...