I wanted to link my b10 to my laptop. Was told to do an update on my phone. It has wiped all the photos, contacts and texts on the phone and are not on blackberry link on laptop
    There were some precious texts from my late father on my phone. Can restore the content somehow? Thanks
    01-31-16 03:37 PM
    Unless you had any back up prior to your attempted update you are unfortunately not going to retrieve any of the data.

Were you attempting to update via BBLINK or over the air?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 03:48 PM
    I feared you would say that. I was on BB Link, or my phone was connected to my laptop. In trying to register my phone (I had not updated from my last Blackberry), a message on the screen said I had to update - it then "took over", switching off my phone etc etc. I did not think an update would take my phone to day one when it was new. But my answerphone message was still there.
    02-01-16 03:20 AM
    Sounds unusual. Obviously an OS update should not delete your data. I suppose it is possible to inadvertently reload your OS in BlackBerry Link but that prompt is clearly defined.
    This is wishful thinking but in BlackBerry Link check the Back up /restore function to see if a backup was somehow created and have a good look through your laptop directory too. Depending upon your Link preferences you may be set up for auto-sync and some of your media may have been saved.

Just curious...was your media stored on a removable SD card? I have read of card corruption and data loss when card is not removed prior to update, although I have not experienced that myself.

Good luck!
    02-01-16 04:13 AM