Ok. It takes 3-4 min for my phone from powering up till usable condition.

------ On Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    That is an unusually long time.

Certainly not the norm for these phones.

As I mentioned, mine is up within a minute 45. Including the Hub.

The only time that happens is if the SIM card is PIN locked. Are you sure that was checked in your settings? System settings > Security and Privacy > SIM Card > SIM Card PIN Lock > should be "off". Unless your carrier requires it for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:21 AM
    When OTA update? Os 10.3

Blackberry Q10 SQN100-3(India,AP)
    09-18-14 10:22 AM
    When OTA update? Os 10.3

Soon

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:51 AM
    When OTA update? Os 10.3

Way to hijack a thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 01:58 PM
    Probably it's just my Stl100-1, old moldel, not withstanding with new OS!!

09-19-14 11:14 PM
    OP I feel you, and to be honest BlackBerry's boot time is slow and really does need to be sped up. I love BlackBerry and at the moment it is the best platform for me. But unlike many of the people on these forums, I acknowledge any of the shortcomings BlackBerry has in comparison to the competition, boot times being one of them. When I saw the title to this thread, I instantly knew you would get many blind fanatics coming in hear and saying one of the following:

1. It needs to run security checks and that takes time. If you want a device that is unsecure go with Android or ios which has fast boot times
    2. How often do you need to reboot? I didn't need to reboot my BB10 device in months.

I had a thread similar to this, http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ing-up-882350/
    and as you can see, much of the same answers. However there are several arguments to the ones posed above

Security Checks
    -On the first few versions of BB10, the OS took close to 3 minutes to boot with hub fully loaded. Now it takes less than half that amount of time. So if more time=more secure, does that mean OS10.3 is half as secure as OS 10.0??! Oh heavens!!! The OS CAN and eventually will boot up just as fast as Android and ios, it needs more time to be optimized by those at BlackBerry. Saying it needs more time for security checks is just a lame excuse many use here to defend BlackBerry on something they should (Thankfully have) been improving

I haven't rebooted my phone in Months
    -OH REALLY??? So I see one poster here claiming they haven't rebooted their phone in over 4 months? So you are telling me that you have not downloaded any of the official OS updates or haven't dabbled into any of the leaked OS's in the last 4 months? What kind of a Crackberry fan are you? Or that your phone has never died on you while you were out, or had to swap sims in 4 months?? I am calling bogus on that one. People reboot much more often than they think or claim to.

And as a closer, many here are touting the great efficiency of OS10 such as composing emails, and the Hub. I completely agree, BB10 destroys anything on the market when it comes to communication and efficiency. But picture this, you have a man/woman on a business trip banging out emails all day about to head onto a plane to go to a meeting. (The classic BB power user) They obviously have a removable battery pack which they use for lets say their Q10 device. Phone dies right before boarding but they need to send out a quick email. So they take out the dead battery and swap in the fully charged fresh one. But OH NO! They now have to wait minutes for the OS to run "Security checks", how efficient!
    blackguy07 and swapnilsj like this.
    09-20-14 03:48 PM
    OP I feel you, and to be honest BlackBerry's boot time is slow and really does need to be sped up. I love BlackBerry and at the moment it is the best platform for me. But unlike many of the people on these forums, I acknowledge any of the shortcomings BlackBerry has in comparison to the competition, boot times being one of them. When I saw the title to this thread, I instantly knew you would get many blind fanatics coming in hear and saying one of the following:

1. It needs to run security checks and that takes time. If you want a device that is unsecure go with Android or ios which has fast boot times
    2. How often do you need to reboot? I didn't need to reboot my BB10 device in months.

I had a thread similar to this, http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ing-up-882350/
    and as you can see, much of the same answers. However there are several arguments to the ones posed above

Security Checks
    -On the first few versions of BB10, the OS took close to 3 minutes to boot with hub fully loaded. Now it takes less than half that amount of time. So if more time=more secure, does that mean OS10.3 is half as secure as OS 10.0??! Oh heavens!!! The OS CAN and eventually will boot up just as fast as Android and ios, it needs more time to be optimized by those at BlackBerry. Saying it needs more time for security checks is just a lame excuse many use here to defend BlackBerry on something they should (Thankfully have) been improving

-OH REALLY??? So I see one poster here claiming they haven't rebooted their phone in over 4 months? So you are telling me that you have not downloaded any of the official OS updates or haven't dabbled into any of the leaked OS's in the last 4 months? What kind of a Crackberry fan are you? Or that your phone has never died on you while you were out, or had to swap sims in 4 months?? I am calling bogus on that one. People reboot much more often than they think or claim to.

And as a closer, many here are touting the great efficiency of OS10 such as composing emails, and the Hub. I completely agree, BB10 destroys anything on the market when it comes to communication and efficiency. But picture this, you have a man/woman on a business trip banging out emails all day about to head onto a plane to go to a meeting. (The classic BB power user) They obviously have a removable battery pack which they use for lets say their Q10 device. Phone dies right before boarding but they need to send out a quick email. So they take out the dead battery and swap in the fully charged fresh one. But OH NO! They now have to wait minutes for the OS to run "Security checks", how efficient!
    I second you completely! Boot time can be optimised. C'mon, if this little hardware can do so many amazing things and that too with multitasking...can't a boot sw do the necessary checks in less than a minute??? Think guys!!!

09-21-14 01:54 PM
    No such thing required for my phone...

I also have an STL100-1, which is now running a 10.3 leak, boot time is very quick.
    But something I noticed even on 10.2.1, since I mainly use the device over Wifi, mobile network is usually toggled off, this undoubtedly makes a substantial difference to boot time.
    I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but maybe if you wanted you could test it out to see the difference.

Edit: 10.3 is running very well on that "old device" just incase you were wondering

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-25-14 02:42 PM

Security Checks

Exactly! Notice how no one has a rebuttal against this argument lol

Posted via CB10
    swapnilsj likes this.
    09-25-14 04:12 PM
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247 this is the version I'm using. This is the official version.

I usually face below issues:
    1) hub hangs...nothing opens from hub
    2) when I click on Settings from drop down quick access menu, it doesn't open. It simply gets me to home page.
    3) when I try to change network from 3G to 2G option, it doesn't get changed. Phone remains locked to 3G. Even if I turn off Mobile Network from quick access or from inside settings menu, it doesn't display "Turning off radio" message. Buttons just get toggled. And turning it ON again, shows connected to 3G.
    4) I have last OS update done in June.
    5) I too didn't have to reboot the Z10 when I bought the phone in last September. But now I'm facing these problems frequently.

Posted via CB10
    What carrier are you with?

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-26-14 12:40 AM
    Why does BlackBerry OSes have so slow boot sw? It takes ages to boot my Z10 once restarted! Earlier BlackBerry Torch would also take hell lot of time ...why can't BlackBerry implement faster boot sw with small footprint????

Posted via CB10
    TWO MINUTES ARE "AGES" TO YOU??? Oh my gosh...turn on phone, brush teeth, use phone...simple.

09-26-14 12:43 AM
    TWO MINUTES ARE "AGES" TO YOU??? Oh my gosh...turn on phone, brush teeth, use phone...simple.

Yeah 2 min are definitely "ages" if living in 2014!!!

09-26-14 10:26 AM
    I also have an STL100-1, which is now running a 10.3 leak, boot time is very quick.
    But something I noticed even on 10.2.1, since I mainly use the device over Wifi, mobile network is usually toggled off, this undoubtedly makes a substantial difference to boot time.
    I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but maybe if you wanted you could test it out to see the difference.

Edit: 10.3 is running very well on that "old device" just incase you were wondering

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    I didn't try turning off network and rebooting! And I am thinking of loading 10.3.0.1154 now!!

09-26-14 10:29 AM

*facepalm*

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:10 PM
64 123