Greetings.

I've been thinking about 10.3.1 and what I will need or want to do when it is time to upgrade.

One of my concerns is that I have too many applications installed. Yes, too many. I won't bore you with the list but it is true.

The BB10 / PlayBook App Manager 2.2 plugin for Chrome gets me most of the way and will certainly suffice. I have already saved the output and started to build a spreadsheet with it, enumerate the filenames and make sure that I have the APK / BAR files that I installed manually.

What I can not see any particular solution for is a way to document every setting for every account that is referenced on my Z30 as well as the general OS settings and configuration items. I was curious if anyone has run across a trustworthy application that would be helpful in this task or is this something that I just need to take screen captures of everything that I can think of?

For example, one biggie is the keyboard substitutions. Oh, boy, I have a bunch of those! Gulp...

Finally, is there something else that I need to record that might be missed ? My goal is to make the transition to the updated as seamless as possible, besides the expected differences and figuring out how to live without Flash support. (Crossing fingers on the latter as I have two sites that I frequent that still requires Flash.)

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Cheerios!
    BT
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-20-15 11:27 PM
    Greetings.

I've been thinking about 10.3.1 and what I will need or want to do when it is time to upgrade.

One of my concerns is that I have too many applications installed. Yes, too many. I won't bore you with the list but it is true.

The BB10 / PlayBook App Manager 2.2 plugin for Chrome gets me most of the way and will certainly suffice. I have already saved the output and started to build a spreadsheet with it, enumerate the filenames and make sure that I have the APK / BAR files that I installed manually.

What I can not see any particular solution for is a way to document every setting for every account that is referenced on my Z30 as well as the general OS settings and configuration items. I was curious if anyone has run across a trustworthy application that would be helpful in this task or is this something that I just need to take screen captures of everything that I can think of?

For example, one biggie is the keyboard substitutions. Oh, boy, I have a bunch of those! Gulp...

Finally, is there something else that I need to record that might be missed ? My goal is to make the transition to the updated as seamless as possible, besides the expected differences and figuring out how to live without Flash support. (Crossing fingers on the latter as I have two sites that I frequent that still requires Flash.)

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Cheerios!
    BT
    Honestly. Your best bet is to wait for the official OTA update which is around the corner. Will save you a lot of headaches. Unlike me, I love leaks and setting up everything from scratch.

Typed on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-20-15 11:47 PM
    Honestly. Your best bet is to wait for the official OTA update which is around the corner. Will save you a lot of headaches. Unlike me, I love leaks and setting up everything from scratch.

Typed on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm not opposed to leaks and since 10.3.1 is due to be released soon plus any delays added by my carrier, I'll wait for it and would likely use the OTA update. With OS10, OTA has been solid for me.

I'm just planning for the contingency that I could end up having to wipe and reload.

Besides, one thing that I have learned through the years that backups aren't backups until they are backed up in two or more places in two or more ways. My request, in part, to assure that my backups are solid for whether I update, upgrade or replace a lost or damaged phone.

Perhaps this will be an opportunity for BlackBerry to export a human-readable file of configuration settings that can be edited or imported back the same or a different device.
    01-21-15 01:06 PM