So here's the back story. I have a Z10 STL100-3 running Software Release 10.1.0.4181. OS Version 10.1.0.4633. I have shaw home Internet and a DLNA enabled TV.

I was trying to connect my Z10 to my TV via wifi to play videos/browse photos. Both devices were connected to my same home network, my Z10 over wifi and my TV through an ethernet cable straight from the wall. I've confirmed through TV settings that it has a proper, strong Internet connection.

When I open a video and click "play on" from my Z10 I get the following screen...

Looking for help with a DLNA question.-img_00000568.png

It does not recognize my TV as a compatible device. Now when I open the DLNA menu on my TV it does register my phone...

Looking for help with a DLNA question.-img_00000570.jpg

And when I click into it I can see the contents of my phone displayed in a list...

Looking for help with a DLNA question.-img_00000571.jpg

I am able to display most of my photo files, but in the video folder I am only able to play the two downloaded music videos I have. None of my videos recorded from my phone or movies that I've put on my media card will play. I receive the message "cannot read file" I have not tried music playback.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why my files won't play or why my TV recognizes the phone but not the other way around.

I have gone into my media settings and checked that my TV and computer are both checked off as shared network devices.
    Attached Thumbnails Looking for help with a DLNA question.-img_00000569.png  
    09-18-13 03:35 PM
    I had the same problem some weeks ago and I think that you havent done something wrong. Maybe the codecs that are used for self shot videos are not compatible with some TVs. Thats the only explanation I found, but Im not an expert like some other guys around here.
    09-18-13 03:45 PM
    So here's the back story. I have a Z10 STL100-3 running Software Release 10.1.0.4181. OS Version 10.1.0.4633. I have shaw home Internet and a DLNA enabled TV.

I was trying to connect my Z10 to my TV via wifi to play videos/browse photos. Both devices were connected to my same home network, my Z10 over wifi and my TV through an ethernet cable straight from the wall. I've confirmed through TV settings that it has a proper, strong Internet connection.

When I open a video and click "play on" from my Z10 I get the following screen...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000568.png 
Views:	351 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	203188

It does not recognize my TV as a compatible device. Now when I open the DLNA menu on my TV it does register my phone...

Name:	IMG_00000570.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	203189

And when I click into it I can see the contents of my phone displayed in a list...

Name:	IMG_00000571.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	203192

I am able to display most of my photo files, but in the video folder I am only able to play the two downloaded music videos I have. None of my videos recorded from my phone or movies that I've put on my media card will play. I receive the message "cannot read file" I have not tried music playback.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why my files won't play or why my TV recognizes the phone but not the other way around.

I have gone into my media settings and checked that my TV and computer are both checked off as shared network devices.
    If you go to Settings | Display and scroll to the bottom, is the HDMI Display Mode grayed out?
    09-18-13 03:53 PM
    Yes, the HDMI display mode is greyed out

Posted from my incredible Z10
    09-18-13 04:08 PM
    Yes, the HDMI display mode is greyed out

Ok. The next curious thing is it's identifying all of your networked devices as Unknown Device. On my home network it correctly captures my desktop id and my WDTV live smp device and names them.

What OS / Platform are you using for your home network? Windows / MAC and what respective OS version?

Just an early guess, but looks like your home network setup might be the culprit, not your Z10.
    09-18-13 04:23 PM
    I thought that seemed weird top. I'm running windows 7 on my home PC

09-18-13 04:31 PM
    Agree...my LaCie media drive and laptop both come up correctly identified and both work properly.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725
    09-18-13 04:35 PM
    I thought that seemed weird top. I'm running windows 7 on my home PC

And what version of Windows 7? Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate? Networking features are reliant on the version...

Also, what are the unknown devices? Are they mobile devices of family on the network?

I hate to say it, but you probably need to reset your home network from the start if you want a hope of using the Z10 DLNA features, including resetting your HomeGroup.

BUT, be aware that will affect every networked device in your home. You'll have to pull everyone off the network and put them back on again fresh, as well as all your hardware...
    09-18-13 04:38 PM
    My TV also doesn't play some of my video files (accessed via a PC) , it plays most but not all. Some of the video files were created on different devices, canon camera/iphone/torch.

I assumed it had to do with the codecs built into the TV.

Rogers Z10-stl100-3, 10.1.0.4181
    09-18-13 06:36 PM
    And what version of Windows 7? Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate? Networking features are reliant on the version...

Also, what are the unknown devices? Are they mobile devices of family on the network?

I hate to say it, but you probably need to reset your home network from the start if you want a hope of using the Z10 DLNA features, including resetting your HomeGroup.

BUT, be aware that will affect every networked device in your home. You'll have to pull everyone off the network and put them back on again fresh, as well as all your hardware...
    I believe it's windows 7 home basic. To be honest I'm not sure. (away from home at the moment) and I believe at least two of the unknown devices are my printer and play station. The rest could be our two ipads.

How do I reset the network?

09-19-13 02:19 PM