Hello, I am trying to restore a blackberry classic (which I broke while wanting to change the battery).

I am very worried about the Blackberry ID. I had the problem with the guy who had blocked his blackberry with BB Protect.

If in December BB closes Protect: it will become impossible to unlock phones that have been secured with this system. If BlackBerry closes BlackBerry ID. All blackberry smarthpones are ****ed, right?

Do you have any info ? Because suddenly I hesitate to use Protect for fear of being stuck?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    02-27-19 03:25 PM
    02-27-19 04:17 PM
    Hello, I am trying to restore a blackberry classic (which I broke while wanting to change the battery).

I am very worried about the Blackberry ID. I had the problem with the guy who had blocked his blackberry with BB Protect.

If in December BB closes Protect: it will become impossible to unlock phones that have been secured with this system. If BlackBerry closes BlackBerry ID. All blackberry smarthpones are ****ed, right?

Do you have any info ? Because suddenly I hesitate to use Protect for fear of being stuck?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Please read the thread Bla1ze linked to nantes, but in short:

1. No, Blackberry Protect can be turned off without connectivity to Blackberry's servers IF you know the Blackberry ID credentials for the BBID that was used to secure it.

2. IF Blackberry shuts down Blackberry ID, backups made with Link MAY be difficult to restore, but Blackberry phones will still continue to work normally and all Android apps (and native apps which can be sideloaded) will work without issue.

To sum up: the only thing that will not work after 12/31/2019 is downloading native apps which you don't already have from Blackberry World. Everything else will continue to work, and even if for some reason it did not your phone will still be fine and work normally.

Use your Classics and other BB10 devices with impunity!
    02-27-19 04:26 PM

1. No, Blackberry Protect can be turned off without connectivity to Blackberry's servers IF you know the Blackberry ID credentials for the BBID that was used to secure it.

2. IF Blackberry shuts down Blackberry ID, backups made with Link MAY be difficult to restore, but Blackberry phones will still continue to work normally and all Android apps (and native apps which can be sideloaded) will work without issue.

To sum up: the only thing that will not work after 12/31/2019 is downloading native apps which you don't already have from Blackberry World. Everything else will continue to work, and even if for some reason it did not your phone will still be fine and work normally.

Ok thansk for your answer

Because I have tried to desactivate Protect with the BB ID of the guy (which give it to me) and desactivate it in Parameters, but after reseting, it always says "BB Protect is active : use the BB ID..." So I had to desactivate it on the web.

I didn't know there was a hack to desactivate it without connection to BB website.

Happy to read it.

Much more, because BB Protect is a very strong and useful software !

Thanks for your response
    02-28-19 03:35 AM

and i cant patch whatsapp apk about file sharing fixed with term48 and bgshell ssh plus on blackberry world. any idea? or BAR file about that?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-19 05:11 AM
    and i cant patch whatsapp apk about file sharing fixed with term48 and bgshell ssh plus on blackberry world. any idea? or BAR file about that?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure CellNinja's WhatsFixer will take care of that....

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US
    03-14-19 03:34 AM
    1. download and install whatsapp apk after this sign up/in with your number, do chat 1 times to test it

2. insert your microsd minimum 2GB or more and format it

3. download and install bgshell ssh plus on blackberryworld

4. create "Android" folder into root sdcard (outside folder more)

5. turn off your network and closed your whatsapp android with device monitor(on setting)

6. cut and paste whatsapp folder on device memory to folder Android who created on Sdcard

7. open bgshell ssh plus write this code :
    cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android (enter)
    ln -s external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp (enter)

Love Peace and Share
    03-15-19 03:09 PM