Hi everyone,

I'm having a really annoying problem with the native music application:
    When a song is playing, it suddenly stops and shows a message like "The file can't be played due to an unexpected error."
    Sometimes, it stops then after 1-2 seconds plays again and, finally, stops and displays the error message...

Most of the time, it happens with (very) long music file which are 1 hour long minimum (mix and podcasts) but if I remember well it can also happen with "classic length" music. Oh and the screen is always off.

My songs are synchronized via BB Link (iTunes playlist). The microSD is a 64GB class10/UHS1 card so it must not be a reading speed problem.

I was thinking that maybe the system was going to a kind of "sleep mode" which denied reading the whole song from the microSD or something like that.

Am I the only one to struggle with this bug ? Any idea to fix it ?
    07-29-13 04:32 AM
    HI and welcome to CrackBerry and the forums!
    I also have a 64 GB card and I play podcasts and long songs from the card. I do not seem to have this problem. I am unsure as to why you would get an "unexpected error". Seems odd. If the file starts, why can't it finish????

Have you tried reloading that particular song? Maybe the file itself has something wrong with it? Or does it happen to all music of a certain length???
    07-29-13 07:02 AM
    I don't remember having this kind of problem when I was on 10.0 so it's maybe a bug introduced in 10.1...
    A 15 min song seems OK, but when I try with 1 hour -> problem.

I've reloaded every song this morning and got that message again. That's why I'm asking help here
    07-29-13 07:46 AM
    I have a similar problem with videos stored on my 64gb card. Those same videos play perfectly when stored on the internal storage. I assume it is because I bought a pretty cheap mem card. I think the higher quality cards work better at that size.

Technically, I think the Z10 is only supposed to support up to 32gb cards. This problem could be part of the reason.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:36 AM
    Memory cards have different read\write properties. Need to ensure you get a fast one like a class 10.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:44 AM
    Ok I may have found where it goes wrong: I realized that if I play a 2h42 mp3 and jump to the middle of the song, it freezes for a few seconds and then plays again. So the buffer of a song is not so huge. If a song is played faster than the buffer is created, at some point you'll have a problem like in my case.

As my card is a class 10/UHS1 (and it's well-known that a phone cannot read so fast), the bug must be on the phone part. (I'll try with a different class10 card to confirm that.)
    07-30-13 08:33 AM
    Problem solved with update 10.2.0.1791 !
    11-18-13 04:50 PM