Is it me or does it seem like BlackBerry takes forever to release an os out of beta stage hell? I know that 10.3 was announced before the IOS and android counterparts but theirs have been out for awhile.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:18 PM
    BB10 is a younger OS. They have made more sweeping changes with far fewer resources. In comparison to the big OSes they have done pretty well for themselves. I'd also like to add that with fewer resources they take longer to ensure they have no major OS bugs and of course they always check closely for security flaws.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:22 PM
    Is it me or does it seem like BlackBerry takes forever to release an os out of beta stage hell? I know that 10.3 was announced before the IOS and android counterparts but theirs have been out for awhile.

Posted via CB10
    Um 10.3 is out. It was out before Android 5.0 Lollipop...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:29 PM
    10.3 was already out months ago just so you know.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:46 PM
    What's it matter. The end user won't see it until the carrier says so any ways.
    12-14-14 06:50 PM
    Lollipop works great on my nexus 5 but if you look at android forums you'll see a lot of lollipop hate. It isn't smooth for many. So 10.3.1 might be taking longer because they want to get it right. But like others have pointed out, 10.3 has been out for awhile.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    12-14-14 06:54 PM
    Lollipop works great on my nexus 5 but if you look at android forums you'll see a lot of lollipop hate. It isn't smooth for many. So 10.3.1 might be taking longer because they want to get it right. But like others have pointed out, 10.3 has been out for awhile.
    (Expecting the last sentence is what they really want) That is correct. What Lollipop fails is that is isn't ready at all. I had it on a rooted N7 (it hasn't come officially) and it really sucked to have a very slow OS, compared to KitKat which I still complain.

Now, getting into BB topics, you can install on its beta, but the reason it doesn't come officially is to not make users frustrated with the OS. Maybe sounds contradicting because Passport and classic comes with 10.3, but well, I believe that if everything goes OK with the OS, maybe few bugs, they won't hesitate on putting it available for update.
    12-14-14 08:40 PM

How do you REALLY know 'they' want to get it right? Sincerely if that was the case, 10.3.0 would not be just on 2 devices only. 'they' can learn a LOT from 10.3 running on all devices released thus far. Yet I'm sorry to say BlackBerry does things VERY slowly and I cannot blame them with far too little staff from before.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-14-14 08:48 PM
    How do you REALLY know 'they' want to get it right? Sincerely if that was the case, 10.3.0 would not be just on 2 devices only. 'they' can learn a LOT from 10.3 running on all devices released thus far. Yet I'm sorry to say BlackBerry does things VERY slowly and I cannot blame them with far too little staff from before.

I don't. That's why I said might.

12-14-14 09:08 PM
    And how many bug-fix releases did Apple have to put out for iOS 8 over the next several months after its initial release before it finally settled down a bit?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:29 AM
    LOL@ Lollipop. Wow, you seriously are taken serious in business meeting, pumping yourself with the soft "lollipop". oh my...
    12-15-14 08:36 AM

That is an interesting comment. How many people work for Facebook? I know it is not an exact comparison as they are not the same company. However, Facebook has to do software development as well as hardware infrastructure and they are working with Whatsapp for messaging along with their own messaging. So the only thing really missing is the IoT (represented by QNX, a small company in Ottawa for BlackBerry). Facebook has nearly 8,500 employees and I think BlackBerry is at 7,000. Facebook is arguably a much larger company from a revenue standpoint and a user base. So I am not sure the root cause is the number of resources. I do agree with you that BlackBerry is slower than other companies. However I also noticed that they do not release with the same security exposures and bugs as others. What I have difficulty with is does the security aspect really need to take that much longer or is BlackBerry just not efficient enough. One other observation though is the speed has improved from before and the dedicated teams seem to be helping (i.e. BBM has far more updates now then it did a couple of years ago and I think the QNX team and BlackBerry 10 teams are working better when you look at how many OS updates we have had in the last (almost) two years. I am hopeful that the new management and remaining resources are finding better ways to work together.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 06:27 AM
    That is an interesting comment. How many people work for Facebook? I know it is not an exact comparison as they are not the same company. However, Facebook has to do software development as well as hardware infrastructure and they are working with Whatsapp for messaging along with their own messaging. So the only thing really missing is the IoT (represented by QNX, a small company in Ottawa for BlackBerry). Facebook has nearly 8,500 employees and I think BlackBerry is at 7,000. Facebook is arguably a much larger company from a revenue standpoint and a user base. So I am not sure the root cause is the number of resources. I do agree with you that BlackBerry is slower than other companies. However I also noticed that they do not release with the same security exposures and bugs as others. What I have difficulty with is does the security aspect really need to take that much longer or is BlackBerry just not efficient enough. One other observation though is the speed has improved from before and the dedicated teams seem to be helping (i.e. BBM has far more updates now then it did a couple of years ago and I think the QNX team and BlackBerry 10 teams are working better when you look at how many OS updates we have had in the last (almost) two years. I am hopeful that the new management and remaining resources are finding better ways to work together.

Posted via CB10
    Your post is not even REMOTELY related to what I've stated.

Are you trying to compare various differences in business and how that relates to non-relative needs of employee count?! ??? Seriously? An dthen throwing IoT into this which FB has nothing to do with at present time.

IoT was a QNX iteration and implementation through and through ... they never NEEDED BlackBerry to do this except for the BES team as that was how BlackBerry had directed implementation on a project and drive.
    12-17-14 05:57 PM