You can still login to BBID. You need to change the automatic time settings! add +1 day and it will work!
    Yes, but this thread is about trying to connect to BBID infrastructure after a wipe, where you can't change the date.
    09-01-21 10:29 AM

MadMalthus likes this.
    09-02-21 02:43 PM
    This is what worked for me:

LazyC0DEr
    Change the date / time to August 1, 2021 and sign into the BlackBerry ID.

1. To change the Date to August 1, 2021

Tap Settings

Select Date and Time

Tap Date

Adjust date to August 1 2021

Tap outside of drop down list to save the date

2. To sign into the BlackBerry ID

Tap Settings

Select BlackBerry ID

Enter the BlackBerry ID username and password

Tap OK

3. Once the BlackBerry ID has been signed in, the date may be corrected to the current date.
    08-28-21 01:45 AM
    09-06-21 08:38 AM
    I had this same problem a few days ago. Here's how I got around it:

When you get to the login screen for your BBID, select "forgot password". Type in your email address and confirm. Give in a minute, and then press and hold the power button until the device turns off. Power back on and hopefully it will allow you to skip BBID login like it did for me. This was on a Z30.

I've used the date change method above to sign into my BBID on some other devices, they appear to by working normally now.

*(just noticed this method more or less is demonstrated in the video posted above...)
    09-07-21 09:08 AM
    Wasn't it @JohnAtBlackBerry that was able to give us some insight last time?
    Howdy! Give it another shot -- it should work for you now!

Cheers!
    howarmat and Ben xfg like this.
    09-08-21 08:31 AM
    Howdy! Give it another shot -- it should work for you now!

Cheers!
    Wow, good to know your still around....
    09-08-21 08:33 AM
    So far I was able to remove my Z30 from BlackBerry Protect from the website, security wipe, and set up without a BBID.
    I disabled BB Protect on all of my phones, but I did NOT remove them from website. Do I have to do that? I thought you said in some other thread to disable on the phone only and not to remove from website. Please let me know. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-21 08:49 AM
    I disabled BB Protect on all of my phones, but I did NOT remove them from website. Do I have to do that? I thought you said in some other thread to disable on the phone only and not to remove from website. Please let me know. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    I said not to delete your BBID on the web. But you can remove devices from Protect on the website without issue.
    09-08-21 08:53 AM
    Ok, thanks, I just removed them from website without issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-21 03:25 PM
    22 years in: Really was reluctant to give up my BB Classics, I have 3, was now forced to get a Key2, nice enough but will not accept my BB ID, despite correct username + password. Successfully re-set password via laptop, but still will not accept it, not even on my Classics either... No way to connect the Key2 to my old version BB Desktop software, will not recognize the Key2. Spent literally days on this, 6 hours on phone with outsourced BB tech help, sweet Mexican guys baffled. I am so disappointed with this once great titan we all built.
    11-15-21 11:30 PM
    22 years in: Really was reluctant to give up my BB Classics, I have 3, was now forced to get a Key2, nice enough but will not accept my BB ID, despite correct username + password. Successfully re-set password via laptop, but still will not accept it, not even on my Classics either... No way to connect the Key2 to my old version BB Desktop software, will not recognize the Key2. Spent literally days on this, 6 hours on phone with outsourced BB tech help, sweet Mexican guys baffled. I am so disappointed with this once great titan we all built.
    The Key2 (and all Key versions) is NOT a BB10 device like your Classic. They operate differently and your BB Desktop software does not work with any Key (Android OS) device. You've wasted hours for nothing as they will not sync.
    11-16-21 04:05 PM
    We all built? We were just along for the ride, and got dumped on the side of the road when BlackBerry ran out of gas.... Meanwhile the world has moved on, but the time some crawl out of the BlackBerry desert they find that where 15 years ago they were on the cutting edge, now they are lost. Most don't trust they "new ways" of doing things...

BB Tech support should have been able to tell you that the KEY doesn't work with any legacy desktop software, in under a minute. Only connection between BB10 and BB Android was the "app" that allowed Content Transfer from BB10 to an Android device. You might still be able to find it in BBW.
    11-17-21 08:37 AM
    We all built? We were just along for the ride, and got dumped on the side of the road when BlackBerry ran out of gas.... Meanwhile the world has moved on, but the time some crawl out of the BlackBerry desert they find that where 15 years ago they were on the cutting edge, now they are lost. Most don't trust they "new ways" of doing things...

BB Tech support should have been able to tell you that the KEY doesn't work with any legacy desktop software, in under a minute. Only connection between BB10 and BB Android was the "app" that allowed Content Transfer from BB10 to an Android device. You might still be able to find it in BBW.
    45 seconds of the under a minute should be enough time for BB support to stop laughing hysterically and 5 seconds to say not compatible.
    11-17-21 08:41 AM
    45 seconds of the under a minute should be enough time for BB support to stop laughing hysterically and 5 seconds to say not compatible.
    I'm thinking the "sweet Mexican guys" were reverser changing his line or charging him by the hour for their services....
    pdr733 likes this.
    11-17-21 09:16 AM
    I'm thinking the "sweet Mexican guys" were reverser changing his line or charging him by the hour for their services....
    LMAO
    11-17-21 12:41 PM
    How amusing when the obvious is assumed unknown... Of course I knew years ago BB10 OS was not compatible with my 7.1 BB Classic desktop software, and held onto my multiple trusty BB Classics, knowing where there must be a way of transferring data, if you try hard enough, so I did.
    No one 'reverse charged' anything, in fact the 'sweet' outsourced techs, despite being young and paid pennies, showed me rather fascinating ways of getting into the BBKey2 programming/reboot files (press volume down key, hold, then press power key and hold both until black DOS screen appears) . Nevertheless, no success towards my intent of transferring 20+ years of contacts/data, until I managed the following on my own: Connected my laptop via Bluetooth to the BB Classic, sent my 2,846 BB contacts to my Outlook Express email contacts folder, then exported the entire file to my BBKey2 via Bluetooth file-sharing and the Key2 NFC sharing program, although I had to press "accept' for each one, which took a long while. There must have been a faster way but I stuck with what seemed to work and did not want to interrupt. Then I manually added my various email addresses, backed up everything onto the Google cloud to share onto my Samsung A52 device for backup, which I had used exclusively for web surfing/ apps, since the BBClassics were so slow.
    My next step will be to set up a more secure VPN via Protonmail, delete needless contacts, and use only the BBKey2 for direct communication, then delete all the data from Google cloud.
    I'm just a hard wire back-up type, and will save my BBClassics for emergency internet use. This is all as sad to me as the Avro Arrow, and the Delorean.
    Oh well, time marches on.
    11-18-21 10:55 PM
    How amusing when the obvious is assumed unknown... Of course I knew years ago BB10 OS was not compatible with my 7.1 BB Classic desktop software, and held onto my multiple trusty BB Classics, knowing where there must be a way of transferring data, if you try hard enough, so I did.
    No one 'reverse charged' anything, in fact the 'sweet' outsourced techs, despite being young and paid pennies, showed me rather fascinating ways of getting into the BBKey2 programming/reboot files (press volume down key, hold, then press power key and hold both until black DOS screen appears) . Nevertheless, no success towards my intent of transferring 20+ years of contacts/data, until I managed the following on my own: Connected my laptop via Bluetooth to the BB Classic, sent my 2,846 BB contacts to my Outlook Express email contacts folder, then exported the entire file to my BBKey2 via Bluetooth file-sharing and the Key2 NFC sharing program, although I had to press "accept' for each one, which took a long while. There must have been a faster way but I stuck with what seemed to work and did not want to interrupt. Then I manually added my various email addresses, backed up everything onto the Google cloud to share onto my Samsung A52 device for backup, which I had used exclusively for web surfing/ apps, since the BBClassics were so slow.
    My next step will be to set up a more secure VPN via Protonmail, delete needless contacts, and use only the BBKey2 for direct communication, then delete all the data from Google cloud.
    I'm just a hard wire back-up type, and will save my BBClassics for emergency internet use. This is all as sad to me as the Avro Arrow, and the Delorean.
    Oh well, time marches on.
    So did they suggest the BlackBerry Content Transfer App that BlackBerry made for the transition from BB10 to Android?
    11-19-21 07:04 AM
    Probably the poster going under the name Venus and Mars is not going to be convinced but I will count the story of my father (born 1951)
    In 2013 we migrated him from a feature phone to a smart phone, without any problems (in fact he asked to have a smart phone)
    Recently, when the mobile carrier sent a notification that 3G is going to shut down in 2022 and every one should have a VoLTE capable phone going forward we migrated him to a Samsung A52S. This was not his first smartphone, by the way.
    The migration happened without any problems.

I just write this to say if my originally 60+ aged and now 70 aged father can do it, most likely everyone can.

PS. we are located in EU so American conditions have no bearing on our situation.
    11-19-21 03:11 PM
    Probably the poster going under the name Venus and Mars is not going to be convinced but I will count the story of my father (born 1951)
    In 2013 we migrated him from a feature phone to a smart phone, without any problems (in fact he asked to have a smart phone)
    Recently, when the mobile carrier sent a notification that 3G is going to shut down in 2022 and every one should have a VoLTE capable phone going forward we migrated him to a Samsung A52S. This was not his first smartphone, by the way.
    The migration happened without any problems.

I just write this to say if my originally 60+ aged and now 70 aged father can do it, most likely everyone can.

PS. we are located in EU so American conditions have no bearing on our situation.
    Your father is in the EU as well, and received a 3G shutdown notification?

My experience is it's most in the mind... I know older folks that are open minded to change and new things, and there are those that aren't comfortable with change. I guess it is what it is.
    11-30-21 01:35 PM
    Your father is in the EU as well, and received a 3G shutdown notification?

My experience is it's most in the mind... I know older folks that are open minded to change and new things, and there are those that aren't comfortable with change. I guess it is what it is.
    It was communicated that 3G will be shut down around the end of June. In fact I have a SIM with the same carrier as my dad, and where I live 3G was switched off a few weeks ago (apparently as it does not appear in network signal check app).
    The notification was mostly aimed at people who have very old phones with only 3G and no 4G warning them that they cannot use internet once 3G is gone. But also recommended to upgrade for VoLTE compliant device as now the non VoLTE phones will fall back to 2G (it will be kept on until the late 2020s, this is the main difference between Europe and America, with exception of Switzerland who did the same as the US and phased out 2G as well)
    So in theory my dad's 2017 phone would be functional with resorting to 2G on calls but apart from that being unreliable and the bad call quality, the phone itself was already obsolete and due to upgrade
    11-30-21 02:50 PM
    It was communicated that 3G will be shut down around the end of June. In fact I have a SIM with the same carrier as my dad, and where I live 3G was switched off a few weeks ago (apparently as it does not appear in network signal check app).
    The notification was mostly aimed at people who have very old phones with only 3G and no 4G warning them that they cannot use internet once 3G is gone. But also recommended to upgrade for VoLTE compliant device as now the non VoLTE phones will fall back to 2G (it will be kept on until the late 2020s, this is the main difference between Europe and America, with exception of Switzerland who did the same as the US and phased out 2G as well)
    So in theory my dad's 2017 phone would be functional with resorting to 2G on calls but apart from that being unreliable and the bad call quality, the phone itself was already obsolete and due to upgrade
    Just taught most of the EU other than Germany was sticking with 3G for a few more years.
    11-30-21 03:37 PM
46 12