03-04-15 09:10 PM
157 ... 567
tools
    Simply allow users to select what options they want available from lock screen! That solves all concerns. Like your phone fully locked? Dont enable anything. Want to enable only a few features? Go ahead and do that.

I'd enable:
    • outgoing calls while phone is locked
    • music player controls (like in iPhone lock screen)
    • access to bluetooth on/off toggle
    • flashlight toggle

And BB OS device already had this feature. In BBOS (Bold, Torch etc), you could enable 'outgoing calls' from lockscreen without having to unlock the phone. That was very handy for me.

You can already control the music player from the lock screen. Increase/decrease volume, previous /next track, what else would you add to that?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:40 PM
    You can already control the music player from the lock screen. Increase/decrease volume, previous /next track, what else would you add to that?

Posted via CB10
    Not really. You can do that if music was already playing. Whereas in iPhone - you can start, stop music, increase/decrease volume etc. That's the kind of option I want - I understand not everyone may want it. Which is why I want option to 'enable access to music controls from lock screen'.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:42 PM
    At this point I feel as if iPhone's lock screen is less of a lock and more of "just another screen"

I think BlackBerry could go further and remove lock screen entirely. Instead, when password lock kicks in, certain user-configurable list of apps will be read and everything there will be locked out.

So, say that you have on your list:
    Contacts
    Hub
    Phone

When you lock your phone, the screen simply dims, and when you wake it up it's back in the home screen with your recent apps still there, but apps on the list will have their Active Frames disabled. Trying to access any of these apps (including using it as a Share target) will prompt you for a password, which will unlock all apps on the list

For obvious reasons, during this time you can't delete files.

This will allow you to choose which functionalities to disable and which ones available when you lock the phone.

OR, allow people to choose whether to use blacklist or whitelist.

This will trump every single feature Apple puts on their iOS lock screen

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-03-15 10:23 PM
    At this point I feel as if iPhone's lock screen is less of a lock and more of "just another screen"

I think BlackBerry could go further and remove lock screen entirely. Instead, when password lock kicks in, certain user-configurable list of apps will be read and everything there will be locked out.

Contacts
    Hub
    Phone

When you lock your phone, the screen simply dims, and when you wake it up it's back in the home screen with your recent apps still there, but apps on the list will have their Active Frames disabled. Trying to access any of these apps (including using it as a Share target) will prompt you for a password, which will unlock all apps on the list

This will allow you to choose which functionalities to disable and which ones available when you lock the phone.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Not bad. I like.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:17 PM
    At this point, achieving the productivity feature without compromising the security seems difficult but let us try.

One option is whenever delete button is pressed, prompt for a 4 digit numerical password to do delete action.

Or else provide a button to mark the item as 'to be deleted' and when device is unlocked, serve a toast notification about 'to be deleted' items OR make a calender entry at a pre-defined time.

I think this way there is always two step authentication for performing action in lock screen. But this entire process will defeat the same productivity feature tho.

Personally I like to have record button on lock screen to record audio note to be filed in remember app with a pre-defined calender entry for that note.
    03-04-15 02:43 AM

Contacts
    Hub
    Phone

This would be akin to having multiple Profiles defined, like Work/Personal of BlackBerry Balance. The extension would be to have Lock/Guest/etc. Each Profile would allow access to different features of the device.
    03-04-15 03:58 PM
    This would be akin to having multiple Profiles defined, like Work/Personal of BlackBerry Balance. The extension would be to have Lock/Guest/etc. Each Profile would allow access to different features of the device.
    Unlike those, though, you're still operating in the same userspace, so whatever files you create will be available to you.

In effect, it'd basically be a more advanced Parental Control, or rather, this would be Get Off My Lawn Control

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-04-15 09:10 PM
157 ... 567