As others have said i don't want any user who has my phone
    I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this aspect. Who denounces something for being insecure yet has this "problem"?
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    03-03-15 09:48 AM
    Password lock your phone first. I'm intimately aware of the Hub's intricacies, I'd simply like a couple of them available from the lock screen just as Donnation does. In particular, the one-touch respond. Delete and/or mark read would just be icing on the cake.
    OK. Then 4 gestures if you throw in the picture password.

I'm not necessarily against the OP here, I was just responding to your "7 gesture comment".

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 09:55 AM
    Password lock your phone first. I'm intimately aware of the Hub's intricacies, I'd simply like a couple of them available from the lock screen just as Donnation does. In particular, the one-touch respond. Delete and/or mark read would just be icing on the cake.
    Even if you password lock your phone, it only adds one more step to the unlock and respond method, making it 4 steps instead of 3

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-03-15 09:55 AM
    I would like to have the option to answer to a text message directly from the lock screen.
    03-03-15 10:00 AM
    Even if you password lock your phone, it only adds one more step to the unlock and respond method, making it 4 steps instead of 3

OK. Then 4 gestures if you throw in the picture password.

I'm not necessarily against the OP here, I was just responding to your "7 gesture comment".

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Yes, it's four if skipping the lock screen notifications. Then the argument swings to whether we even need the notifications on the lock screen. So maybe try counting steps if you're looking at messages on the lock screen and deciding to respond with the tap to take you to the message.
    03-03-15 10:23 AM
    I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this aspect. Who denounces something for being insecure yet has this "problem"?
    Isn't that the whole point behind a password - the prevention of access to your info in the case of loss or theft of your device?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 10:24 AM
    Yes, it's four if skipping the lock screen notifications. Then the argument swings to whether we even need the notifications on the lock screen. So maybe try counting steps if you're looking at messages on the lock screen and deciding to respond with the tap to take you to the message.
    It's still one gesture to check the lock screen, and then continue the same gesture up to unlock.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 10:26 AM
    It's still one gesture to check the lock screen, and then continue the same gesture up to unlock.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Not all notifications require immediate attention. So the 1st step is just checking the notification. So either swipe to wake the screen or press the power button. Step 2, tapping the notification to see the sender and subject. Then you go from there.

Supposed the message is something silly/spam / already addressed etc, it would be nice to be able to mark read or delete without having to unlock the device.

CB10 via Z10
    03-03-15 10:45 AM
    Supposed the message is something silly/spam / already addressed etc, it would be nice to be able to mark read or delete without having to unlock the device.

CB10 via Z10
    OK.

I just find it inconceivable that someone would even want the option to allow a thief unfettered access to your emails if the device is stolen/lost - and to be able to actually delete them no less. Bizarre.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-03-15 10:54 AM
    I would like to have the option to answer to a text message directly from the lock screen.
    Really? You want a thief to be able to not only access, but reply to your messages?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 10:56 AM
    Really? You want a thief to be able to not only access, but reply to your messages?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    I don't use a password, so if my phone gets stolen right now, a thief would be able to access to everything in my phone. I don't care so much, I have nothing important in the phone.
    03-03-15 11:02 AM
    Isn't that the whole point behind a password - the prevention of access to your info in the case of loss or theft of your device?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    OK.

I just find it inconceivable that someone would even want the option to allow a thief unfettered access to your emails if the device is stolen/lost - and to be able to actually delete them no less. Bizarre.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    I could quibble over "unfettered", but I catch your drift. So the solution for lost/stolen is include an option for a complete lock after time limit expires, like we do now. If I don't lock mine immediately it locks itself in ten minutes.
    03-03-15 11:08 AM
    While there is much I love about Blackberry 10, they are really lacking when it comes to how it handles lockscreen notifications. Tapping twice to get to the message is fine, but I think they could take a que from iOS on how it handles lockscreen notifications as it handles them much better than BB10 does, at least in my opinion.

For example on iOS if I get an email I can mark it as read, trash it, or simply dismiss it right from the lockscreen and read it later. If I get a text message I can dismiss it or reply to it right from the lockscreen. It would be great if you could do the same things from the lockscreen on BB10. In order to remove these things from the lockscreen on BB10 you have to unlock the phone, and go into the hub. Just my opinion but I think it would be great if Blackberry offered this as it really is convenient if you get a bunch of stuff on your lockscreen that you want to see, but also would like to dismiss if you don't need to do anything with it at the time.
    BB OS devices used to have a setting where you could enable "allow phone calls while locked" and so on. I think BB 10 is really lacking such setting. Let user select things they want to be able to access without having to unlock the phone. Personally, I want to be able to access:
    1. Enable phone calls while locked (but restrict outgoing calls to #s already in my contact) -- same feature as was in BB OS devices
    2. Enable access to flashlight, bluetooth, music
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-03-15 12:05 PM
    BB OS devices used to have a setting where you could enable "allow phone calls while locked" and so on. I think BB 10 is really lacking such setting. Let user select things they want to be able to access without having to unlock the phone. Personally, I want to be able to access:
    1. Enable phone calls while locked (but restrict outgoing calls to #s already in my contact) -- same feature as was in BB OS devices
    I may be wrong, but I believe you're able to set select numbers as "emergency numbers" that can be called when it's locked. I don't need such a feature, but that's sort of what you're talking about..?

I could understand the ability to toggle flashlight and bluetooth, though, to be completely honest it's not too hard to just unlock it first. I do get it for that reason though

03-03-15 12:20 PM
    While we're on the subject, yes. And leave them on the outside of a complete lock... like it is in iOS.
    03-03-15 12:22 PM
    I may be wrong, but I believe you're able to set select numbers as "emergency numbers" that can be called when it's locked. I don't need such a feature, but that's sort of what you're talking about..?

I could understand the ability to toggle flashlight and bluetooth, though, to be completely honest it's not too hard to just unlock it first. I do get it for that reason though

You get Emergency Calling. You do not get to call numbers you deem as emergency contacts. BBOS has three.
    03-03-15 12:24 PM
    You get Emergency Calling. You do not get to call numbers you deem as emergency contacts. BBOS has three.
    You do get emergency calling, but isn't the number one that you're able to set? It doesn't have to be the local emergency number? (i.e. 911 in North America) so I could set it to some other one?

I get it isn't the same as the three emergency contacts, but it's basically one emergency contact, no?

03-03-15 12:27 PM
    You do get emergency calling, but isn't the number one that you're able to set? It doesn't have to be the local emergency number? (i.e. 911 in North America) so I could set it to some other one?

I get it isn't the same as the three emergency contacts, but it's basically one emergency contact, no?

No, it's Emergency Services only. And they take a very dim view of people calling them for personal emergencies.
    03-03-15 12:38 PM
    No, it's Emergency Services only. And they take a very dim view of people calling them for personal emergencies.
    Oh odd, I had never tested it, just tried now. I see you can just enter whatever emergency services number, not a normal one...

03-03-15 12:59 PM
    Oh odd, I had never tested it, just tried now. I see you can just enter whatever emergency services number, not a normal one...

I'm not sure when it changed, it used to be pre-programmed. It could be because I'm not using a release from my carrier though, no way to test that against past versions until Verizon releases 10.3.1.
    03-03-15 01:12 PM
    I'm not sure when it changed, it used to be pre-programmed. It could be because I'm not using a release from my carrier though, no way to test that against past versions until Verizon releases 10.3.1.
    True say, could be part of the autoloaders/leaks that enables it to work with any regional emergency services code, could just be BlackBerry10 on its own!

03-03-15 02:14 PM
    Simply allow users to select what options they want available from lock screen! That solves all concerns. Like your phone fully locked? Dont enable anything. Want to enable only a few features? Go ahead and do that.

I'd enable:
    • outgoing calls while phone is locked
    • music player controls (like in iPhone lock screen)
    • access to bluetooth on/off toggle
    • flashlight toggle

And BB OS device already had this feature. In BBOS (Bold, Torch etc), you could enable 'outgoing calls' from lockscreen without having to unlock the phone. That was very handy for me.
    03-03-15 02:25 PM
    And you need millions of terabytes for operating system to be on and allow all that garbage to run... think realistically...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    03-03-15 02:30 PM
    Simply allow users to select what options they want available from lock screen! That solves all concerns. Like your phone fully locked? Dont enable anything. Want to enable only a few features? Go ahead and do that.

I'd enable:
    • outgoing calls while phone is locked
    • music player controls (like in iPhone lock screen)
    • access to bluetooth on/off toggle
    • flashlight toggle

And BB OS device already had this feature. In BBOS (Bold, Torch etc), you could enable 'outgoing calls' from lockscreen without having to unlock the phone. That was very handy for me.
    As long as this functionality doesn't open up a vulnerability that can be exploited, then that option sounds fine.

Although surely this must be pretty far down the list of the things that the BlackBerry developers need to address.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-03-15 02:31 PM
    As long as this functionality doesn't open up a vulnerability that can be exploited, then that option sounds fine.

Although surely this must be pretty far down the list of the things that the BlackBerry developers need to address.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    That's for sure. Not having these options hasn't upset me, but there's many portions of the OS that do need attention.

We can certainly dream though.
    03-03-15 07:06 PM
157 ... 4567