Allow Deletion on Lock Screen:

Notifications
    Email
    Text Messages
    Twitter
    FaceBook

The default is "No", but the user can set "Yes" to these individually. If someone gains access to the device and messages are deleted, then it's the user's fault...

Of course, the next request will be to allow X number of deletions per hour to limit malicious activity.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-02-15 08:14 PM
    Allow Deletion on Lock Screen:

Notifications
    Email
    Text Messages
    Twitter
    FaceBook

The default is "No", but the user can set "Yes" to these individually. If someone gains access to the device and messages are deleted, then it's the user's fault...

Of course, the next request will be to allow X number of deletions per hour to limit malicious activity.
    On to a discussion back in reality, I think it could be a good feature. I know a lot of people think it would expose this or that but if its done properly then it doesn't pose a risk. It works pretty well on iOS even with a password installed. It doesn't need to be exactly like iOS's but there could be an version of it that works.
    03-02-15 08:41 PM
    On to a discussion back in reality, I think it could be a good feature. I know a lot of people think it would expose this or that but if its done properly then it doesn't pose a risk. It works pretty well on iOS even with a password installed. It doesn't need to be exactly like iOS's but there could be an version of it that works.
    What if, for security's sake and data integrity, it's not Allow Deletion, but Mark as Read, so it disappears from the Lock Screen, to clean it up?
    homer1475 likes this.
    03-02-15 08:49 PM
    What if, for security's sake and data integrity, it's not Allow Deletion, but Mark as Read, so it disappears from the Lock Screen, to clean it up?
    That would work too.
    03-02-15 08:50 PM
    I'd vote for having read, respond, and the same user set triage option the Hub has. If there's a worry about it being deleted, users can either opt to keep it disabled, or use it and have emails kept on server (remote search, anyone?), or be daring and have it deleted everything on the lock screen. The only notifications anyone would have access to would be unread, so no danger of read items showing up. Really, the security gripe on this is low. If BlackBerry were that concerned about safety, there wouldn't be an option to use a password, it'd be mandatory. Nor would there be android apps with the accompanying "install at your own risk" warning.
    03-02-15 10:16 PM
    I would like to have options. I would not like this to be the standard, like on iOS.
    03-02-15 10:33 PM
    This thread isn't going anywhere

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    03-02-15 11:26 PM
    I was happy when 10.3.1 allowed the option for just the sender name to show on the lock screen. No message. The sender alone tells me all I need to know. Plus it just looks cleaner and more elegant. No clutter.

So Blackberry could allow it to be like iOS, but I sure don't want.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-02-15 11:28 PM
    And in your words "I should move on from Blackberry 10 and use what I like" when clearly I said in my original post that there is much I love about Blackberry 10. And for all of your posts here you never once responded to any of my answers to your questions and just give more thoughts about how opinions are attributed to you. Yes, you are the victim here, many attributes unfairly applied to you and none by you to others. LOL
    LOL - first world problems - I think you should just ignore and move on...there really is no sense in debating with a brick wall
    03-02-15 11:48 PM
    Ummm. I left it alone, but I am not allowed to let it go I guess. I leave it alone and other still want to see the show. Now the IOS option crew is riding the bandwagon even more. But all I see are personal attacks with no substance. You guys lost a long time ago.

This brick wall lays the mortar down on unicorn lock screens and haters.

Are you not entertained?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:11 AM
    Bb10 is fine the way it is. If they do take cues they will be copying. And if it is not a default most wouldn't use it. The time spent to give users every option possible under the sky is not available to BlackBerry. Especially when it is already on iOS. Go get iOS and live fearlessly instead.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:21 AM
    I wish they STOPPED taking so many styling queues from ios and android. If I wanted a phone that acted like an iPhone I'd get an iPhone. I want something unique and different, hence the BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:42 AM
    IMO, security implies different to different people.

Some may even don't want to display anything, some only just names, someone a little message snippet and some a delete option. There is no end to it and every feature is decided on benefit analysis.

What OP asks for is productivity feature where one can save some seconds. BB is definitely a productivity power house.

But when it comes Security vs Productivity, BB always prefer the former. So I don't see this flying with BB.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-03-15 12:46 AM
    This thread is way too funny... basically, two guys slagging each other and deeply analysing their own posts.. no merit, no proper discussion, just an argument.. ah well...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    homer1475 and KingOfQwerty like this.
    03-03-15 03:21 AM
    There should be an option to initiate a security wipe from the lockscreen. Sometimes I like to delete all the data from my phone without having to go through all those inconvenient menu screens.
    03-03-15 03:27 AM
    And a way (or should I say option) to transfer all your sensitive data via Bluetooth to all devices in the range. From the lockscreen obviously...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    TripNFry likes this.
    03-03-15 03:56 AM
    I don't think you understand. You can still password protect the phone and do it from the lockscreen.

If you don't see it useful for deleting emails on a glance then you probably don't get a lot of emails. anI get tons of them everyday and when I get a "thank you" as an email reply or an "Ok, I�ll get on that" reply it makes it nice to be able to get rid of those types of emails.
    exactly.. but when pressing delete or mark as read, a prompt appears to enter password. I see this as perfectly viable... a useful tool that would further enhance bb10. also they need to make the lock screen notifications prettier than it is. I don't care about your opinion on how bb10 is not a device to look pretty.. its my opinion.

rant over have a good day
    03-03-15 04:19 AM
    I was happy when 10.3.1 allowed the option for just the sender name to show on the lock screen. No message. The sender alone tells me all I need to know. Plus it just looks cleaner and more elegant. No clutter.

So Blackberry could allow it to be like iOS, but I sure don't want.
    Fwiw that privacy feature has been on iOS for a while.
    03-03-15 04:46 AM
    I wish they STOPPED taking so many styling queues from ios and android. If I wanted a phone that acted like an iPhone I'd get an iPhone. I want something unique and different, hence the BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Maybe. May also be a good way towards <0.1% user base. Being a special snowflake doesn't always cut it in consumer electronics land.

Adopting a useful feature is one of the best ways all the mobile devices improve, particularly if each new iteration is refined. But I also agree that it has to fit well with the platform so I can understand the security argument. But BBRY has smart people and surely can find ways to work it in. I personally find working from the lock screen a nice feature and am happy Apple adopted it from Android ( you all do know it didn't originate with iOS, right?)
    berry4life99 likes this.
    03-03-15 04:55 AM
    exactly.. but when pressing delete or mark as read, a prompt appears to enter password. I see this as perfectly viable... a useful tool that would further enhance bb10. also they need to make the lock screen notifications prettier than it is. I don't care about your opinion on how bb10 is not a device to look pretty.. its my opinion.

rant over have a good day
    I still don't get how this saves any time?

On IOS:

Press home button to wake,tap notification, tap delete option, enter password(assuming this is how it works on IOS? My wife has a 5s but I don't think I've ever seen this feature?) 4 steps if my assumptions are correct and this is how it works.

ON BB10:

swipe to unlock, enter password, swipe right into the hub, tap delete. Again 4 steps.

I'm not really seeing how the IOS implementation is any faster or easier. maybe a tad bit insecure, but certainly not any easier or faster IMO. From what I'm understanding, other then deleting a notification(requires you to enter your password), it just seems like a great way for anyone that picks up your phone can manipulate your lockscreen notification? Seems a bit insecure and very childish in manner.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-03-15 04:57 AM
    I still don't get how this saves any time?

On IOS:

Press home button to wake,tap notification, tap delete option, enter password(assuming this is how it works on IOS? My wife has a 5s but I don't think I've ever seen this feature?) 4 steps if my assumptions are correct and this is how it works.

ON BB10:

swipe to unlock, enter password, swipe right into the hub, tap delete. Again 4 steps.

I'm not really seeing how the IOS implementation is any faster or easier. maybe a tad bit insecure, but certainly not any easier or faster IMO. From what I'm understanding, other then deleting a notification(requires you to enter your password), it just seems like a great way for anyone that picks up your phone can manipulate your lockscreen notification? Seems a bit insecure and very childish in manner.
    I don't know about saving, I don't know if the op hinted to that as a good reason for these features (maybe I should read properly lol) but as a feature I like it in general. on the ipad I find myself swiping and deleting email on the cloud magic email app... so it is a useful feature. to be able to take action in the lock screen for email or messages you know you will discard is handy. but of course, each to their own.

I suppose the obvious solution is for blackberry to consider implementing these features and then having the option in settings to turn them on or off.
    FCSC likes this.
    03-03-15 05:09 AM
    For a single message it's 7 steps on BB10: swipe to wake, tap the message icon, tap the message, tap again, unlock, tap overflow, choose option.

Also, I have a bit of a problem with the "insecure" label. Who allows their device to be randomly picked up by anyone? If your device isn't in the same class as your keys and/or wallet, it should be.
    03-03-15 09:01 AM
    For a single message it's 7 steps on BB10: swipe to wake, tap the message icon, tap the message, tap again, unlock, tap overflow, choose option.
    Not really. Swipe up once to wake. Swipe right to reveal hub. With triage it's now only one tap to either file, delete, read, or mark as read. You can even one touch respond to texts and bbm too.

So that's 3 gestures total.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Plummerdc88 and anon(2313227) like this.
    03-03-15 09:10 AM
    While there is much I love about Blackberry 10, they are really lacking when it comes to how it handles lockscreen notifications. Tapping twice to get to the message is fine, but I think they could take a que from iOS on how it handles lockscreen notifications as it handles them much better than BB10 does, at least in my opinion.

For example on iOS if I get an email I can mark it as read, trash it, or simply dismiss it right from the lockscreen and read it later. If I get a text message I can dismiss it or reply to it right from the lockscreen. It would be great if you could do the same things from the lockscreen on BB10. In order to remove these things from the lockscreen on BB10 you have to unlock the phone, and go into the hub. Just my opinion but I think it would be great if Blackberry offered this as it really is convenient if you get a bunch of stuff on your lockscreen that you want to see, but also would like to dismiss if you don't need to do anything with it at the time.
    Personally i like the lock screen on BB10 over iOS. I like that all i can do is open the email on the lock screen and cant delete or mark it as read. As others have said i don't want any user who has my phone to be able to dismiss notifications, also, i think if i could mark them as read from lock screen, id be forgetting to follow up with many important emails
    03-03-15 09:32 AM
    Not really. Swipe up once to wake. Swipe right to reveal hub. With triage it's now only one tap to either file, delete, read, or mark as read. You can even one touch respond to texts and bbm too.

So that's 3 gestures total.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Password lock your phone first. I'm intimately aware of the Hub's intricacies, I'd simply like a couple of them available from the lock screen just as Donnation does. In particular, the one-touch respond. Delete and/or mark read would just be icing on the cake.
    03-03-15 09:41 AM
157 ... 34567