Just to clarify, didn't OP say this feature could be password protected? What's not in the DNA of BlackBerry in that case? I mean we can technically preview text messages on the lock screen regardless of whose using the device, password or no password. If the assumption I've made is incorrect then I see what people are saying.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but if the lockscreen is password protected, why not just unlock the phone once and then answer via the HUB instead of unlocking the phone twice :\

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    homer1475 likes this.
    03-02-15 02:28 PM
    I wish my BlackBerry can do this... just like IOS...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:28 PM
    Really we should just have a retina scan lock, that automatically unlocks the phone when we look at it, and lock it when we look away.

But until then, I expect my locked phone to be unable to delete messages unless it's unlocked. The whole point of me locking the phone is so no one else can use it or manipulate it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:35 PM
    It continues to amaze me how 2-dimenional some people think on this forum. For those (and that means all but two posters in this thread) not understanding, the phrase "option like" means "similar to". I'd love a couple basic options to take care of messages (reply/delete/file) as well. And in regards to security, how is it insecure? Nobody looks at my phone because I'm either using it briefly or it's in my pocket. But if BlackBerry were to implement it and it made someone nervous, well, being an option, those people can simply disable it. It'd be magical.
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    03-02-15 02:37 PM
    Before accusing anyone of a lack of understanding, where does anyone see the word "option" anywhere in the OP?

Or are we talking about after the fact when the idea was questioned. Or, I guess there will never be an answer for that either. Point that out puleease!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:01 PM
    Before accusing anyone of a lack of understanding, where does anyone see the word "option" anywhere in the OP?

Or are we talking about after the fact when the idea was questioned. Or, I guess there will never be an answer for that either. Point that out puleease!

Posted via CB10
    What the hell else would it be besides an option? Did I say somewhere that it would be a mandatory thing where you couldn't turn it off? It would be an option just like its an option in iOS and like in iOS you can turn it off if you don't want it. So even though you've stated over and over again that you find it useless and to just buy an iOS device and that it would make Blackberry's less secure you are all of a sudden ok with it if its an option? For Christ's sake. You've stated your opinion in this thread and why you keep coming back to it and are even pathetically referencing it in the blog comments is beyond me.
    03-02-15 03:21 PM
    I fail to see how this is easier than HUB triage right now.

From sleep, with one swipe up and one swipe to the right, I have the entire might of the HUB at my fingertips.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    homer1475 likes this.
    03-02-15 03:28 PM
    Why do I always get a novel instead of what I ask for? I asked the poster accusing me of not understanding the word option to point out where it is in the OP. Not a long story going all the way around it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:29 PM
    Let's just mimic the IOS lock screen everyone!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:31 PM
    Funny. I have to repeatedly ask for a non answer regarding that as well?

I wonder what the items within the parenthesis say???

((they are really lacking when it comes to how it handles lockscreen notifications.))

((but I think they could take a que from iOS on how it handles lockscreen notifications as it handles them much better than BB10 does))

((For example on iOS if I get an email I can mark it as read, trash it, or simply dismiss it right from the lockscreen and read it later. If I get a text message I can dismiss it or reply to it right from the lockscreen. It would be great if you could do the same things from the lockscreen on BB10.))

(( Just my opinion but I think it would be great if Blackberry offered this))
    If someone is asking for bB10 to do the same, since it is a totally different OS, they are asking BB10 to mimic IOS! And coming from someone who clearly thinks it would never go anywhere the other way around -hub on IOS- I find that to be quite amusing.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:33 PM
    Funny. I have to repeatedly ask for a non answer regarding that as well?

I wonder what the items within the parenthesis say???

If someone is asking for bB10 to do the same, since it is a totally different OS, they are asking BB10 to mimic IOS! And coming from someone who clearly thinks it would never go anywhere the other way around -hub on IOS- I find that to be quite amusing.

Posted via CB10
    "I think it would be great if Blackberry offered this." Where do I say that I think it would be great that Blackberry required or mandated this? Doesn't that imply that it would be an option?

And by your logic BB10 already mimics iOS. iOS had interactive lockscreen notifications long before BB10 had it so I guess they already mimic them. Oh what, Blackberry is using flat icons. They mimic iOS!!! Blackberry has all touch devices. They mimic iOS!! Blackberry has toast notifications. They mimic Android!!!! Blackberry uses Swiftkeys keyboard. It mimic's Android!!! Blackberry uses cards like WebOS. It mimic's WebOS!! Oh my god, it's all just one big mimic of others software!!! It's horrifying!!!

FFS. Dude get a life. I posted my thoughts on this topic and you flip out like I'm trying to say that BB's entire OS should be like iOS and that's not remotely what I said.
    03-02-15 03:49 PM
    Girls... chill out... bottom line is - the whole idea nullifies the concept of a lockscreen, therefore it's not a good idea. iOS is a toy, therefore its features are childish. I chose BlackBerry due to the fact that it does things exactly as it should (i.e. LOCKscreen is locked and nobody can alter my PRIVATE data, by mistake, negligence or foul action), If we want ideas from other OSs implemented, then let's choose wisely and let those be GOOD ideas...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    03-02-15 04:03 PM
    lolol. Questions will always be answered with a question.

Now where did I say mandate???

I will get a novel, but no answer.

You're making whole conversations up and expect someone to answer something you ask, when you can't do it yourself???

Oh, where did I say there was a high demand for the hub on IOS I asked several posts back?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:04 PM
    It always comes down to personal attacks. I never ever got personal. I only pointed out that what is wished for will not be and if the wish for it is so great that it must be defended at all costs, you need to get what works for you and does what you want it to. When I say that I'm pushing people away... Right.

Getting personal means you lost already when there wasn't even a struggle in the first place. Lololol.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's what I mean by 2-dimensional thinking. Does he specifically need to use the word "option" when every feature that isn't implemented is an option? Here's what he said, from the OP.

I think they could take a que from iOS on how it handles lockscreen notifications as it handles them much better than BB10 does, at least in my opinion.
    So he uses iOS and BB10, notices a feature on iOS, thinks it would do well on BB10. I don't see any problem with wanting BB10 to meet or exceed user expectations, whether it does or not.
    03-02-15 04:12 PM
    Why do I always get a novel instead of what I ask for? I asked the poster accusing me of not understanding the word option to point out where it is in the OP. Not a long story going all the way around it.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say it had to mimic all of the features I was simply saying that it would be nice to have it as an option.
    Oh sorry, to answer your questions that never apparently get answered I already stated this on the first page.
    03-02-15 04:14 PM
    That's what I mean by 2-dimensional thinking. Does he specifically need to use the word "option" when every feature that isn't implemented is an option? Here's what he said, from the OP.

So he uses iOS and BB10, notices a feature on iOS, thinks it would do well on BB10. I don't see any problem with wanting BB10 to meet or exceed user expectations, whether it does or not.
    You just won't answer that simple question...
    But you like to respond asking your own...
    Two peas in a pod.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:24 PM
    Oh sorry, to answer your questions that never apparently get answered I already stated this on the first page.
    LoloL. You lost already. Done.
    Please read the post you quoted... #61

I don't need to get a life, you need to get a device that suits your needs. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Kimberella likes this.
    03-02-15 04:27 PM
    I can't believe people are arguing over this. This is something OP would like to see implemented, if you don't like it so be it. End of story.

On a side note this is happening a lot lately. As soon as someone speaks anything about another OS's feature being implemented in some form , or an increase in phone specifications they are shot down and sent to hell. People here even btch about Android support for goodness sakes. CrackBerry has become a mass collection of insecure apologists (myself at times included).

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:29 PM
    LoloL. You lost already. Done.
    Please read the post you quoted... #61

I don't need to get a life, you need to get a device that suits your needs. LoL

Posted via CB10
    I was quoting what you wrote and answering to that quote by stating what I meant. And now since your question was answered way back and you don't like the answer then I lost. Great logic. Move along.
    03-02-15 04:30 PM
    Why do people attach their own thoughts to someone else? These imaginary conversations are funny. People say a lot but never back it up!

Where did I say I didn't like something?

Where did I say mandate?

Where did I say that there is a high demand for the hub on IOS?

Waiting... for what, I have no idea...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:33 PM
    I was quoting what you wrote and answering to that quote by stating what I meant. And now since your question was answered way back and you don't like the answer then I lost. Great logic. Move along.
    All tired repeated responses, but no answers.

You want to write books. Not deal with it.

Why don't you get something that works for you, instead of the personal attacks? Why spend your time creating threads about a platform that clearly is not offering you what you say you would like?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:37 PM
    All tired repeated responses, but no answers.

You want to write books. Not deal with it.

Why don't you get something that works for you, instead of the personal attacks? Why spend your time creating threads about a platform that clearly is not offering you what you say you would like?

Posted via CB10
    Move along Brad. All you are doing is asking questions and when you don't like the answer you say that the question isn't being answered. Has nothing to do with platforms, as I've stated numerous times. And I told you to get a life because you've seemed to make it your mission to for whatever reason state that I think BB10 should be iOS and even are posting comments in the bogs about it. I said I liked one feature and that doesn't equate to meaning that I think it should use the entire OS. But whatever.
    03-02-15 04:40 PM
    Move along Brad. All you are doing is asking questions and when you don't like the answer you say that the question isn't being answered. Has nothing to do with platforms, as I've stated numerous times. And I told you to get a life because you've seemed to make it your mission to for whatever reason state that I think BB10 should be iOS and even are posting comments in the bogs about it. I said I liked one feature and that doesn't equate to meaning that I think it should use the entire OS. But whatever.
    Now I need to move along! Another "option" that you would like, so you tell people the way it should be... Right!

I think you need to stop getting personal and admit that what I'm saying has been said to many here. Use what works for you! If you need to create threads about how you believe what you are using is not to your standard, why are you using it? Get a device that suits your needs!

But where did I say mandate? Those were your words not mine..

Where did I say I didn't like something? Those were his words not mine...

Where did I say that the hub was high in demand on IOS? Those were your words not mine..

I'm waiting for the quotes....

And as I stated before, you're the one defending such nonsense with worn fingertips. I'm fine with what I'm using. I wish you were too. But you'd rather make others see things your way rather than just getting something that functions with an option the way you want it to.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:49 PM
    Now I need to move along! Another "option" that you would like, so you tell people the way it should be... Right!

I think you need to stop getting personal and admit that what I'm saying has been said to many here. Use what works for you! If you need to create threads about how you believe what you are using is not to your standard, why are you using it? Get a device that suits your needs!

But where did I say mandate? Those were your words not mine..

Where did I say I didn't like something? Those were his words not mine...

Where did I say that the hub was high in demand on IOS? Those were your words not mine..

I'm waiting for the quotes....

And as I stated before, you're the one defending such nonsense with worn fingertips. I'm fine with what I'm using. I wish you were too. But you'd rather make others see things your way rather than just getting something that functions with an option the way you want it to.

Posted via CB10
    Brad you are the one that is referencing a completely different thread.

But first, where did I say you said mandate? You said I never used the word option (which I clearly did) and the opposite of option is mandate or required. I Never said you said anything, but you claimed I never used option so I was stating that i didn't say that I wanted it mandated or required and that I was pretty clear that I thought it could be an option.

I never said that you said the hub was in high demand. I said if you think it is fine, I don't and that's my opinion. I assumed that since you disagreed with me on that option that you in fact do think it's in high demand because that is the logical assumption one would make if they disagree with the point that I don't think it's in high demand. Whether you do or not I don't care and it has nothing to do with this thread in the first place. It's just some weird way for you to try to make a point that doesn't really make any sense.

Where you think I said you didn't like something I don't know.

Does that answer your questions? I'm sure not so go ahead and tell me how I'm just rambling and that I didn't answer any questions, again.

And since you like to talk about putting words into people's mouths, when did I say I wasn't fine with what I was using?
    Last edited by donnation; 03-02-15 at 05:16 PM.
    03-02-15 04:58 PM
157 12345 ...