While there is much I love about Blackberry 10, they are really lacking when it comes to how it handles lockscreen notifications. Tapping twice to get to the message is fine, but I think they could take a que from iOS on how it handles lockscreen notifications as it handles them much better than BB10 does, at least in my opinion.

For example on iOS if I get an email I can mark it as read, trash it, or simply dismiss it right from the lockscreen and read it later. If I get a text message I can dismiss it or reply to it right from the lockscreen. It would be great if you could do the same things from the lockscreen on BB10. In order to remove these things from the lockscreen on BB10 you have to unlock the phone, and go into the hub. Just my opinion but I think it would be great if Blackberry offered this as it really is convenient if you get a bunch of stuff on your lockscreen that you want to see, but also would like to dismiss if you don't need to do anything with it at the time.
    03-01-15 08:45 PM
    Yes i agree but bb10 is actually pretty young, so i'm sure there will be more goodies coming.
    coloibarra likes this.
    03-01-15 08:49 PM
    So you'd rather the ability for anyone who has your phone to be able to delete emails and messages without having to unlock the phone? That seems stupid to me.
    03-01-15 08:55 PM
    Isn't lockscreen there to lock things?

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.1.1581
    03-01-15 09:04 PM
    While there is much I love about Blackberry 10, they are really lacking when it comes to how it handles lockscreen notifications. Tapping twice to get to the message is fine, but I think they could take a que from iOS on how it handles lockscreen notifications as it handles them much better than BB10 does, at least in my opinion.

For example on iOS if I get an email I can mark it as read, trash it, or simply dismiss it right from the lockscreen and read it later. If I get a text message I can dismiss it or reply to it right from the lockscreen. It would be great if you could do the same things from the lockscreen on BB10. In order to remove these things from the lockscreen on BB10 you have to unlock the phone, and go into the hub. Just my opinion but I think it would be great if Blackberry offered this as it really is convenient if you get a bunch of stuff on your lockscreen that you want to see, but also would like to dismiss if you don't need to do anything with it at the time.
    Why do you use a lockscreen if you want to do things that are done when unlocked..?

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-01-15 09:07 PM
    So you'd rather the ability for anyone who has your phone to be able to delete emails and messages without having to unlock the phone? That seems stupid to me.
    Umm, you can password protect it if you want.
    03-01-15 09:28 PM
    Why do you use a lockscreen if you want to do things that are done when unlocked..?

Posted via CB10
    Right. Why have toast notifications if you can just go into the hub and respond to them there? It about it being more convenient from the lockscreen is all and being able to get rid of the notifications on the lockscreen without having to go into the hub to do it.
    03-01-15 09:32 PM
    I understand what you're saying @donnation, but as the others indicated, if the screen is locked it's because access to the phone ergo messages is locked. Given that this is BlackBerry's DNA, I think that explains why you can't do it as on iOS. That being said, perhaps it could be made as an option. I for one wouldn't enable it however.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:46 PM
    Umm, you can password protect it if you want.
    If you are wanting this just for those without passwords, it might be useful. Although I do not see much use of deleting emails on a glance. For text, it is useful. I would love mark read though.

Joey Vajda likes this.
    03-01-15 10:26 PM
    If you are wanting this just for those without passwords, it might be useful. Although I do not see much use of deleting emails on a glance. For text, it is useful.

I don't think you understand. You can still password protect the phone and do it from the lockscreen.

If you don't see it useful for deleting emails on a glance then you probably don't get a lot of emails. anI get tons of them everyday and when I get a "thank you" as an email reply or an "Ok, I�ll get on that" reply it makes it nice to be able to get rid of those types of emails.
    03-01-15 10:30 PM
    This is a nice useful feature. I get tons of annoying emails I'd love to delete on my lockscreen.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    03-01-15 11:18 PM
    I don't think you understand. You can still password protect the phone and do it from the lockscreen.

If you don't see it useful for deleting emails on a glance then you probably don't get a lot of emails. anI get tons of them everyday and when I get a "thank you" as an email reply or an "Ok, I�ll get on that" reply it makes it nice to be able to get rid of those types of emails.
    The whole point of a lock screen is to lock the screen. I don't want to be able to do any of these things on lock screen. Simple reason is - if I can do it, anyone can! I don't want anyone to mess with my phone. Simple.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    Nels, Denny_Crane and mkelley65 like this.
    03-02-15 01:49 AM
    It can work both ways...

What about all of the mistakenly deleted important emails while in a pocket or purse? Not for me.

I personally lock it for a reason.
    Some have different wants and needs.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 and berry4life99 like this.
    03-02-15 02:55 AM
    Serious question: what does a lock screen mean to you? Is it "just another screen for a wallpaper" or "nobody messes with my phone"?

I see a lot of "it'd be nice if we can do this on the lockscreen" suggestions, most missed the points, which are:

1) if it's password protected, you'll still need to unlock the phone, at which point the mail app is available
    2) if it's not password protected, it's a simple swipe away from the actual mail app, which will allow you to do even more should you need to.

Obligatory xkcd link:
    http://xkcd.com/1205/
    The lockscreen could take a cue from iOS-is_it_worth_the_time.png

If you delete 5 emails every day for 5 years and that shortcut saved you 30 seconds each mail, you'll save 3 days's worth of time over the course of 5 years, but if you don't, it might fall to 5 seconds saved on aggregate which saves you 12 hours, and if you don't do it that often you'll see a saving of 30 minutes, over the course of 5 years.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-02-15 04:05 AM
    It can work both ways...

What about all of the mistakenly deleted important emails while in a pocket or purse? Not for me.

I personally lock it for a reason.
    Some have different wants and needs.

Posted via CB10
    Lol that can't happen because the iOS swiping gestures don't work that way.
    03-02-15 06:39 AM

[wearing his tight hipster jeans on]
    You are absolutely right. Shame on BlackBerry for not having these cool hipster Ios tricks on the lockscreen.

I am also very mad, because I can't answer these mails from the lockscreen by using bold, italic or underline! And it sucks that I can't attach my photos from the lockscreen. Hell, on Ios I can see my bank account and edit my passwords. Why can't Blackberry do that????

I am throwing my BB away! Lulz!
    RWB3325, a_bateman and Q10Bold like this.
    03-02-15 06:51 AM
    [wearing his tight hipster jeans on]
    You are absolutely right. Shame on BlackBerry for not having these cool hipster Ios tricks on the lockscreen.

I am also very mad, because I can't answer these mails from the lockscreen by using bold, italic or underline! And it sucks that I can't attach my photos from the lockscreen. Hell, on Ios I can see my bank account and edit my passwords. Why can't Blackberry do that????

I am throwing my BB away! Lulz!
    Ok. None of what you said makes any sense and nothing you stated above works like that on iOS. So I guess the takeaway here is that you get ultra defensive any time someone mentions iOS and that you have to revert to name calling. And name calling using a name that is so outdated and that hasn't been relevant to Apple in 10 years. And I guess Blackberry is just an email machine and that's it since we are using outdated references. But hey, I�ll put lulz at the end of my paragraph too because LULZ.
    03-02-15 07:13 AM
    Serious question: what does a lock screen mean to you? Is it "just another screen for a wallpaper" or "nobody messes with my phone"?

I see a lot of "it'd be nice if we can do this on the lockscreen" suggestions, most missed the points, which are:

1) if it's password protected, you'll still need to unlock the phone, at which point the mail app is available
    2) if it's not password protected, it's a simple swipe away from the actual mail app, which will allow you to do even more should you need to.

Obligatory xkcd link:
    http://xkcd.com/1205/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	is_it_worth_the_time.png 
Views:	1277 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	338064

If you delete 5 emails every day for 5 years and that shortcut saved you 30 seconds each mail, you'll save 3 days's worth of time over the course of 5 years, but if you don't, it might fall to 5 seconds saved on aggregate which saves you 12 hours, and if you don't do it that often you'll see a saving of 30 minutes, over the course of 5 years.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Great, now apply that logic to everyone in here who says not having a home button saves you time.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-02-15 07:14 AM
    OK. I thought you were talking about a something relatively simple like deleting emails on the lock screen. But then if you want BB10 to mimic all of the aspects of the IOS screen, including their specific access options, why have a BB10 device in the first place? I don't get it?

Posted via CB10
    homer1475 likes this.
    03-02-15 07:28 AM
    The issue here isn't really if we hate the way iOS does things, which always results in someone pointing out that it could be a user option. Though some of us clearly do. It is security plain and simple. Any application that provides access through the lock screen presents a potential vulnerability if not written properly. Google iPhone lock screen bypass, then BlackBerry lock screen bypass. You will see that not even BlackBerry is immune to these problems, but nor do they seem to have as many as iPhone. Making it a selectable options does not always put a leash on the problem just because a user turns it off.

The BlackBerry bypass was closed by preventing access to past pictures when the phone is locked.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    03-02-15 07:42 AM
    OK. I thought you were talking about a something relatively simple like deleting emails on the lock screen. But then if you want BB10 to mimic all of the aspects of the IOS screen, including their specific access options, why have a BB10 device in the first place? I don't get it?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say it had to mimic all of the features I was simply saying that it would be nice to have it as an option.
    03-02-15 07:51 AM
    I didn't say it had to mimic all of the features I was simply saying that it would be nice to have it as an option.
    Ok. You say...

If you don't see it useful for deleting emails on a glance then you probably don't get a lot of emails.
    I say...

You then say...

Sorry. I still don't get it. You just said that's not how IOS lock screen works regarding the swiping gestures. So I take that to mean you not only want the ability to delete an email, you also want BB10 lock screen to function as IOS. How else is that supposed to be interpreted? Even if it's an option, it's an option to function like the IOS screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:36 AM
    Ok. You say...

I say...

You then say...

Sorry. I still don't get it. You just said that's not how IOS lock screen works regarding the swiping gestures. So I take that to mean you not only want the ability to delete an email, you also want BB10 lock screen to function as IOS. How else is that supposed to be interpreted? Even if it's an option, it's an option to function like the IOS screen.

Posted via CB10
    What I'm saying is that its not possible to delete something when the phone is in your pocket. iOS doesn't allow an individual swipe of an email from the lockscreen to be deleted when the phone is pocketed the same way it doesn't allow the phone to be unlocked in your pocket. It differs from BB10 in that if you have swipe to unlock it can actually unlock in your pocket but with iOS it doesn't do that. So an email can't be deleted in your pocket because A. The phone can't be unlocked in your pocket and B. Even if it was it would never allow an email to be deleted in your pocket because that's not how the gesture works on the lockscreen.
    03-02-15 09:21 AM
    What I'm saying is that its not possible to delete something when the phone is in your pocket. iOS doesn't allow an individual swipe of an email from the lockscreen to be deleted when the phone is pocketed the same way it doesn't allow the phone to be unlocked in your pocket. It differs from BB10 in that if you have swipe to unlock it can actually unlock in your pocket but with iOS it doesn't do that. So an email can't be deleted in your pocket because A. The phone can't be unlocked in your pocket and B. Even if it was it would never allow an email to be deleted in your pocket because that's not how the gesture works on the lockscreen.
    I get that. What I continue to say that if you want that IOS behavior as an option on a BlackBerry device and it's not present, why not just use an IOS device for the very same behavior you are looking for? That was my question before and currently.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-02-15 09:31 AM
    I get that. What I continue to say that if you want that IOS behavior as an option on a BlackBerry device and it's not present, why not just use an IOS device for the very same behavior you are looking for? That was my question before and currently.

Posted via CB10
    Oh my God. So we can't possibly want or hope for a different feature for BB10? That's how OS's evolve. Do you think every feature that BB10 has is something they invented? It isn't, many are features borrowed or evolved from things that other OS's use, including its current interactive lockscreen notifications that iOS and Android had long before BB10 had it. So since people wanted that feature on BB10 should they have just left BB10 for iOS or Android or waited until Blackberry implemented it?? When that feature was released everyone was glad to have it but they didn't just jump ship for another OS because BB10 didn't have it for a while. Same with toast notifications. A lot of people wanted that for BB10. Android had it for years before BB10 so would you tell people who wanted that feature to go by an Android phone then?

I didn't say it was a feature that was a must have, I just said that its a nice feature that I find valuable and since BB10 had interactive lockscreen notifications it could be an additional feature to add to it. Some of you are way to sensitive any time iOS is mentioned.
    03-02-15 09:41 AM
157 123 ...