The leaked OS was working fine and I decided to perform a backup using BB Link, so I connected my phone and then BB Link asked for the device password. Now I used the picture password on the phone and this was asking for a text password, figured I'd try use my old text password I had but it failed.... I then tried to type the number I use in the picture password but that failed too. After that I went to the phone to unlock it there, now I had already reached the 5 password attempts so it notified me that if I reach 10 the phone will wipe all data. Alright that's fine I'll just use the picture password, but it was asking for a text password again. Tried my old text password, which failed and tried the number again which failed. Also tried my BBID password but that failed too.

Is this a bug in the code? Anyway around this without having to wipe the phone and reset it again?
    12-07-13 03:45 PM
    This is a device password. you had to create one before enabling pic password
    12-07-13 03:48 PM
    This is a device password. you had to create one before enabling pic password
    I used the same password as my old text password I had before enabling the picture password.
    12-07-13 03:49 PM
    Does pulling battery reset the amount of tries you have left?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 03:52 PM
    Does pulling battery reset the amount of tries you have left?

Posted via CB10
    Tried pulling the battery and tried resetting by holding down the volume up/down keys. I'm on attempt 9 so I think I'll end up having the phone wipe and reload from the previous backup I had before.
    12-07-13 03:54 PM
    When you fail picture password 5 times it asks you to input 'blackberry' first and then only will it ask for your actual password. Sometimes it doesn't say this so it can be confusing. On your phone type 'blackberry' and then you will be prompted to put in your correct password. It is possible that Link does not recognize this feature so it is not accepting your actual password.

Edit: Yes, it's a bug in the code. Your on a leaked OS using a new feature that isn't fully tested yet.

Edit 2: Was I too late?

Edit 3: You should have disconnected your device. Unlocked with picture password and then plugged it back in to see if it worked then. Link is not going to be familiar with a a leaked feature.
    12-07-13 03:55 PM
    When you fail picture password 5 times it asks you to input 'blackberry' first and then only will it ask for your actual password. Sometimes it doesn't say this so it can be confusing. On your phone type 'blackberry' and then you will be prompted to put in your correct password. It is possible that Link does not recognize this feature so it is not accepting your actual password.

Edit: Yes, it's a bug in the code. Your on a leaked OS using a new feature that isn't fully tested yet.

Edit 2: Was I too late?
    Yes I got to the point where it asked me to input 'blackberry' but after that it still wanted the device password and it still didn't work. I haven't done anything with the phone yet as I'd prefer not to wipe it and restore a backup.
    12-07-13 04:00 PM
    My experience has been just like Eddy says. I was prompted to make a password before using the picture password. After making some mistakes, it told me to type BlackBerry, then I used my original phone password to unlock my Z

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 04:02 PM
    Well now the device is wiping everything and I'll have to restore the old backup I had. Not a huge deal but still a bit of a pain.

Thanks for your help
    12-07-13 04:20 PM
    Well now the device is wiping everything and I'll have to restore the old backup I had. Not a huge deal but still a bit of a pain.

Thanks for your help
    That's okay I guess since you have backups. Is the first digit of your password a capital or number? Anything in which you must press shift or alt? I seem to find trouble with that in some cases when entering passwords anywhere in the OS. It has only been happening on 10.2.1.1055.

My suggestion is unlock the device before connecting. Mine doesn't ask for a password then. But I have put my password into Link before while on 10.2.1.1055 and never had that issue. Like I said you don't know how Link will handle new features on a leak OS. If I got to 6-7 password attempts I'd take a break for a bit. lol.
    12-07-13 05:12 PM
    Well. Good to know blackberry security works I guess.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 05:22 PM
    Well I completely forgot that my new password was a "simple password" which was the numbers. *sigh* I'm going to go sit in the corner now, sorry guys.

Now my phone is back up now, just need all my emails to sync up which could take bit, good thing it's the weekend.
    12-07-13 05:44 PM
    Well I completely forgot that my new password was a "simple password" which was the numbers. *sigh* I'm going to go sit in the corner now, sorry guys.

Now my phone is back up now, just need all my emails to sync up which could take bit, good thing it's the weekend.
    Don't you just hate that? Glad it's all sorted out. Too bad you had to go the long way 'round. Take it easy.
    12-07-13 05:55 PM
    Happened to me yesterday. I used the same password all through out my BlackBerry, but it didn't accept the password for some reason . I didn't back anything up either. Had to wipe and started from square one.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 02:02 AM