I don't know if the has been posted elsewhere. But when I got in my car and paired my Z10 to the car, I got a pleasant surprise. 10.2 has so many added benefits!

Lock screen when in my car on 10.2.0.1047-img_00000416.png

I must say I like the confirmation of the services on my Bluetooth link showing right there.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) and southlander like this.
    08-06-13 07:15 PM
    Yup. I've noticed that as well. Pretty cool. The only thing I dislike, and I know it's most likely a safety feature, is that the phone locks itself after a few seconds when paired to the car. I dk how to increase the lock time for this feature. Other than that, it's cool.

Posted via CB10
    inked18 likes this.
    08-06-13 07:28 PM
    I posted this in another thread...and thought it was a bug. In the case that I discovered it was when I asked my son to look up something while driving. He had to unlock the phone a few times before he gave up. I wish there was a setting to disable that in special circumstances, but I like the feature though.
    08-06-13 07:32 PM
    I too was wondering what was going on. Turning the password to off will stop the phone from locking.

Pain in the **** yea, but so is having to constantly unlock the phone.

Cranky
    08-06-13 08:06 PM
    I too was wondering what was going on. Turning the password to off will stop the phone from locking.

Pain in the **** yea, but so is having to constantly unlock the phone.

Cranky
    Why do you need to get past the lock screen?

With voice control and volume button track selection...

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 08:17 PM
    Why do you need to get past the lock screen?

With voice control and volume button track selection...

Posted via CB10
    I have posted this on another thread, but here goes. I am running Mireo Don't Panic map app. My screen lock with password is set to lock after 5 minutes, but apps, such as Mireo can override the lock. Until this leak it did so no problem. Repairing my phone after loading 1047, I clicked on the my car feature like the OP and now I start MIreo and the lock screen shows up 30 seconds later and I have to unlock it using the password and it locks up 30 seconds after that. It is pretty tough to follow the directions of your map app, not to mention bloody dangerous to have to unlock your screen every 30 seconds.
    08-06-13 08:35 PM
    Don't get that when I connect to my Mercedes B200.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-06-13 08:55 PM
    I have posted this on another thread, but here goes. I am running Mireo Don't Panic map app. My screen lock with password is set to lock after 5 minutes, but apps, such as Mireo can override the lock. Until this leak it did so no problem. Repairing my phone after loading 1047, I clicked on the my car feature like the OP and now I start MIreo and the lock screen shows up 30 seconds later and I have to unlock it using the password and it locks up 30 seconds after that. It is pretty tough to follow the directions of your map app, not to mention bloody dangerous to have to unlock your screen every 30 seconds.
    Does Mireo have voice navigation? Sorry, I have built-in navigation in my car.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 10:23 PM
    I noticed this change too, wasn't sure if I'd changed a display setting or something... as I read here this was done as part of revisions to the protocol. Must admit that I really like the new and improved version but that said, I prefer the screen lockout behaviour of the previous version.
    08-07-13 12:33 AM
    Doesn't pop on my focus just says my sync in the bluetooth settings and then lists all the features media, hands free, audio, etc but no info on the lock screen.
    08-07-13 12:58 AM
    Does Mireo have voice navigation? Sorry, I have built-in navigation in my car.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does, but I have the sound turned off on it. I have an Ibolt suction mount that I attach to the front windshield in the lower left corner, so it is in line of sight but not interfering with my road vision.
    08-07-13 08:14 AM
    My screen locks out after 30sec after pairing with my cars Bluetooth as well, it not only locks the screen every 30sec even when you are using a nav app , it causes any open app to be unstable, and voice control becomes unusable and the worst is the battery drain exceeds the recharge rate so by the end of my 45min commute my battery has about 20% left .....Once you turn off Bluetooth from the phone , everything goes back to normal.....this has to be a glitch
    Last edited by speedbird1; 08-07-13 at 09:24 AM.
    08-07-13 09:00 AM
    Agreed, definitely some sort of glitch, also noticed that my Z's charging behavior seems to have suffered some too!! Based on what Battery Guru tells me, charging is now erratic/inconsistent !!... I typically always leave my phone charging when Bluetooth is on during longer drives.
    08-07-13 10:57 AM
    The whole lockout thing is an annoyance. I wonder though if maybe it was done by design. By making it inconvenient to use your phone while driving, people might stop using their phones while driving.

Who knows!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 11:36 AM
    Here's a quick solution to the lock timeout. Go to your bluetooth connections, hold down on your car connection and select "unset my car". This should fix that issue.

Your bluetooth will still remain connected.

Lock screen when in my car on 10.2.0.1047-img_20130909.png

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:31 PM
    Here's a quick solution to the lock timeout. Go to your bluetooth connections, hold down on your car connection and select "unset my car". This should fix that issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130909.png 
Views:	1600 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	190521

Posted via CB10
    That's what I was thinking, because the earlier versions didn't have the vehicle thingy.

Cranky
    08-07-13 05:31 PM

Name:	IMG_20130909.png 
Views:	1600 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	190521

Posted via CB10
    Got my car back and travelled to a known destination with the "my car" unset. That appears to have fixed the problem. Mireo stayed open the whole trip.

Speedbird1, I find the battery drain with Mireo on is pretty severe, my windshield mount has a USB cable built in so I have the phone plugged in to a car charger and still it cannot maintain the charge, never mind charge up. The phone gets pretty warm too.
    08-07-13 06:01 PM
    Thank you so much it works, never noticed that function before and I suspect the battery drain will stop, yesterday I just drove my car with Bluetooth connected with no apps running and no issues at all, this now makes my phone near perfect for my needs......terrific
    08-09-13 10:31 AM
    ...also noticed that my Z's charging behavior seems to have suffered some too!! Based on what Battery Guru tells me, charging is now erratic/inconsistent !!... I typically always leave my phone charging when Bluetooth is on during longer drives.

Speedbird1, I find the battery drain with Mireo on is pretty severe, my windshield mount has a USB cable built in so I have the phone plugged in to a car charger and still it cannot maintain the charge, never mind charge up. The phone gets pretty warm too.

Keeping a large phone display on continuously along with continuous GPS access as well as the graphics processing necessary to continuously update the screen in realtime as well as speaking directions is pretty energy-intensive work. So this will definitely impact how much charging you get (or don't get) while that function is active.

That said, there is quite a bit of difference between different chargers, and even the USB cable you run from the charger to your device, in terms of how much charging power they can deliver to the device.

Battery Guru is a great tool for investigating this, it helped me discover just how drastically the power delivery can be affected by a lousy USB cable, for example. For car use, try to make sure the charger you are using is capable of delivering at least 1 amp of power, or better yet 2 amps*, many mobile chargers designed to plug into car lighter sockets do NOT accomplish that.

*(They could also specify that as output wattage. Since USB outputs 5v nominal, that would translate to about 5-10 watts of output power.)
    08-10-13 06:07 PM
    I wish I could get this on my 2013 Ford Fusion. Damn you Sync powered by Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 06:17 PM
    Yup. I've noticed that as well. Pretty cool. The only thing I dislike, and I know it's most likely a safety feature, is that the phone locks itself after a few seconds when paired to the car. I dk how to increase the lock time for this feature. Other than that, it's cool.

Posted via CB10
    Don't select my car it won't lock
    08-24-13 11:40 PM
    I don't know if the has been posted elsewhere. But when I got in my car and paired my Z10 to the car, I got a pleasant surprise. 10.2 has so many added benefits!

Name:	IMG_00000416.png 
Views:	2657 
Size:	594.3 KB 
ID:	190218

I must say I like the confirmation of the services on my Bluetooth link showing right there.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm running a Q10-SQN100-1 10.2.0.1323 with the newest Android runtime and with this leak, this is the first I saw this come up. For the last couple of weeks evertime I turned on my car, it popped up. I couldn't find anything on it and then ran across this post. I set up the phone using the account settings on there instead of just touching the screen when asked when the ignition is turned on and now it does in fact show the lock screen. However, I guess my little $52K 2012 Mercedes Benz GLK350 isn't high tech enough for this system as it only shows the Mercedes name and under the name is "hands-free" calling. No streaming or media player (which honestly I don't use anyway as I have Sirus satellite radio, CD player and a SD card with 500+ songs on it. Still I'd like to see the other stuff pop up even if I wouldn't use them LOL
    09-03-13 06:22 PM
    Well, I'm running a Q10-SQN100-1 10.2.0.1323 with the newest Android runtime and with this leak, this is the first I saw this come up. For the last couple of weeks evertime I turned on my car, it popped up. I couldn't find anything on it and then ran across this post. I set up the phone using the account settings on there instead of just touching the screen when asked when the ignition is turned on and now it does in fact show the lock screen. However, I guess my little $52K 2012 Mercedes Benz GLK350 isn't high tech enough for this system as it only shows the Mercedes name and under the name is "hands-free" calling. No streaming or media player (which honestly I don't use anyway as I have Sirus satellite radio, CD player and a SD card with 500+ songs on it. Still I'd like to see the other stuff pop up even if I wouldn't use them LOL
    It might be something you configure on the Bluetooth pairing from the car side.

I have always had my phone setup for telephone and audio (as well as the message transfer protocol, so I can read/have read to me, any emails or texts).

I have so many audio choices, but that is good. Radio, CD, car hard drive, external iPod, Z10. All good.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 06:31 PM

Name:	IMG_00000416.png 
Views:	2657 
Size:	594.3 KB 
ID:	190218

Posted via CB10
    Here's is mine with 10.2.0.1371

Attachment 198310

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Lock screen when in my car on 10.2.0.1047-img_20130850.png  
    09-03-13 07:30 PM
    I honestly don't think the MBZ GLK has that capability. They come with an Apple interface available via cable to run an iPod or mp3 player but nothing works on Bluetooth but hands-free calling. I may try de-authorizing the phone and re-connect it to see if that changes anything but my hopes are dim. Don't need any of it but would like to have the choice. LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:34 AM
33 12