Hi,

On my Q5 the list of emails displayed via the 'lock screen notification' functionality is showing old emails (from several days ago) that I've previously read and then deleted i.e. it doesn't seem to be updating properly.

Is this a bug with the 10.2.1 OS and / or has anyone else experienced this or similar with their BB ?
    Last edited by ClearBlueSkies; 02-09-14 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Changed 10.2 to 10.2.1
    02-09-14 10:15 AM
    Hmm, my Z10 seems to be ok. Is anyone else have this problem? And what device are you on? I will check my Z30 when it arrives in the next couple days.
    02-11-14 08:12 AM
    Hi,

On my Q5 the list of emails displayed via the 'lock screen notification' functionality is showing old emails (from several days ago) that I've previously read and then deleted i.e. it doesn't seem to be updating properly.

Is this a bug with the 10.2.1 OS and / or has anyone else experienced this or similar with their BB ?
    i have the same problem when i get emails i tap the email and i see the new one but also the deleted ones so weird
    02-11-14 08:18 AM
    I'm getting the same issue. Some ghosting messages that were either deleted or filed away. Z10, 10.2.1.537

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:43 PM
    I have the same issue with Q10 with 10.2.1.537. I've gone to email account settings and lock screen settings to fiddle with it but to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 02:23 PM
    Figured it out. From the lock screen, if you tap to open each "old" email, it won't show up the next time you have an un-read email. So you have to manually go through and clear them to clear the queue of old emails showing up.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:40 PM
    Figured it out. From the lock screen, if you tap to open each "old" email, it won't show up the next time you have an un-read email. So you have to manually go through and clear them to clear the queue of old emails showing up.

Posted via CB10
    Is this really the only way to do this, or has anyone got a solution otherwise? What if you don't use the lock screen function for a while, and have to manually clear hundreds of notifications, one by one? No exactly ideal.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 12:22 AM
    I am also looking for a solution to this issue. Got hammered last week by automated monitoring emails and even though I deleted all the emails they still are showing in the lock screen but only the lock screen and only when I have legitimate unread emails...awesome yeah?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 08:28 PM
    Hmm, my Z10 seems to be ok. Is anyone else have this problem? And what device are you on? I will check my Z30 when it arrives in the next couple days.
    Happened to me just once with my Z10. It did it off and on over a period of a couple days. It was a single email with an attachment that kept showing up.

Posted via the almighty Z
    03-04-14 08:33 PM
    I have this issue too. I haven't found a solution yet.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-05-14 12:58 AM
    I haven't actually tried this yet, as I have quite a few emails that I currently need active, but maybe if all read emails are cleared from the actual email acc. via desktop, and the BlackBerry settings are set so ad to delete from the server as well, this may work? If anyone is in a position to try this, may be interesting to see if it works. I currently have it wet to delete from only my Z10, and think this may be the issue...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 01:38 AM
    On my Z10, there are five emails from July 31, 2014 that show up whenever I have an unread message. I have deleted every message from July 31 on my Z10, Playbook & ISP server. Since I can no longer find any emails of that date on any system, I must assume that since they still show up on my Z10 lock screen, they are ghost notifications stuck somewhere in the Z10 memory & not my phone sending me notifications of currently valid messages it thinks are unread.
    Since this first appeared about four days ago, the same five ghosts are always on my lock screen whenever I have an unread message. They always appear below the valid unread message. If I click on any of the ghosts, the Z10 email system opens & displays "Could not display this message".
    I sure would appreciate a solution.
    Thanks
    Last edited by claytoon; 08-10-14 at 11:12 PM.
    08-09-14 09:22 AM
    I've run into this issue numerous times where old emails come back to say hi on the lock screen. What I've noticed is that it occurs if you delete multiple emails AND other types of messages from the Hub at the same time. When I delete multiple emails ONLY, I find that they do not appear on my lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:36 AM
    So once you had some ghosts, did you find a way to permanently banish them?
    08-09-14 09:41 AM
    So once you had some ghosts, did you find a way to permanently banish them?
    Your issue is different. To get rid of mine, all I had to do was open them from the lock screen to delete them again and they'd never return.

Posted via CB10
    claytoon likes this.
    08-09-14 09:53 AM
    Yep I've got this issue as well. Happens sporadically but it does. What I do is go to the Hub then Mark All As Read even if nothing is unread. That should clear it up.

In the future, try to make sure you only delete emails once they're marked as read. I.e. Don't delete unread emails.
    Really hoping the guys at BlackBerry can fix this up.

Btw, I'm on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    08-09-14 11:38 AM
    Somehow lock screen notification related:

Don't you guys with interactive lock screen notifications enabled have privacy concerns? I mean anyone who looks at your phone will see a the titles and some previews of your incoming emails,etc. right?
    08-09-14 12:09 PM
    I just went into the hub and marked all messages as read using the prior message feature. Then I marked my most recent one as unread and went to the lock screen. The ghosts are all back. I can't mark ghosts as read because those messages no longer exist.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:53 PM
    I have the same issue with the voicemail. I tried everything but it still show up in notifications as I have a new one...
    12-04-14 02:56 PM
    I have the same issue with the voicemail. I tried everything but it still show up in notifications as I have a new one...
    Call your phone from another number, leave a message. Then vm notification will pop up, listen to the message then delete it.

That will fix your problem as the prior notification will vanish. I had the same issue and that was my network suggestion to fix it, worked for me ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 08:19 PM