Does the BlackBerry 10 show previews of email and other notifications like iOS on the home screen? All screen shots and videos I have seen for BB10 till now just show the 'number' of different notifications you have. I really like how iOS offers a preview of everything you missed. Most times you don't even need to unlock the phone as the previews give enough information as-is. Is there a setting in BB10 you can activate to see more of the notification on the lock screen?

Lock screen notifications on BlackBerry 10-lock-screen-notifications-240408.png

Lock screen notifications on BlackBerry 10-ios-5-lock-screen-notifications-screenshot-001.jpg
    02-17-13 01:23 PM
    In short it doesn't. Though i would prefer if it shows, but i am fine wither way. Showing such notifications have their cons and pros it depends from user to user.
    02-17-13 02:02 PM
    In short it doesn't. Though i would prefer if it shows, but i am fine wither way. Showing such notifications have their cons and pros it depends from user to user.
    It'd be good if they provided an option to show it or not - this way people have a choice.

I think BB10 needs some work done with regards to notifications in general.
    02-17-13 02:12 PM
    an option is always better. but i prefer it doesnt so that other people cant pick up my phone and read my messages.
    02-17-13 02:38 PM
    Yes, it will be nice if BB let us decide how we want the notifications set up on the lock screen. Give users the choice.

Here are more examples of how notifications can be useful on the lock screen:

Lock screen notifications on BlackBerry 10-lock-screen-notification.jpg

Lock screen notifications on BlackBerry 10-lockscreenmessage_full_short.png

Lock screen notifications on BlackBerry 10-apple-completely-revamped-ios-notifications-making-them-much-better.jpg
    02-17-13 03:33 PM
    I agree, they need to have this option available, especially if they are targeting iOS and Android users. Nevertheless, this option should be off by default.
    02-18-13 08:27 AM