Hey,

I recently dug out my Z10 after getting bored with the Priv and Android...

Usually I keep location services on, and it's called if needed by camera, weather, maps app etc...

On the Z10, something is activating the GPS every 10 seconds, for 10 seconds at a time. The little GPS teardrop symbol keeps going on and off.

It is eating into the battery now, this didn't happen on other phones.

I have disabled diagnostics and as many background apps that I could from using the GPS.

Anyone know what I can try? I have already reinstalled the OS clean slate.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:51 PM
    I would suggest to close all Android apps, if you have any running in the background. For me, it usually happens from time to time when I have been using Waze and it freezes causing me to force close it and reopen it.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 11:53 PM
    Hey thanks,

It seems to have gone away..

As I said I reloaded the OS and it happened, BUT once I opened the BB10 maps app it stopped the background behavior...

It seems opening BB maps app and formally accepting the app permissions fixed the problem.

Not sure why but hopefully it is useful if someone else has the issue. I was only paying attention because every bit of battery on the Z10 is critical!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 01:14 AM
    Never mind, it's back...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 09:28 AM
    Go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions, select Location and check for the culprit. Can be Amazon (not the Appstore, the Underground one) for example.

Deny the permission, or check the Run in the background and Run when minimized for the app you spotted.
    07-06-16 09:44 AM
    Thanks.

Everything that looks suspect is android based so the permission is fixed unfortunately.

In the meantime I will simply keep location off unless needed for photo, weather, map... annoying but certain.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:08 AM
    Everything that looks suspect is android based so the permission is fixed unfortunately.
    So deny the Run in the background and Run when minimized permissions for these apps. No need for them to track your location when you don't use them...
    07-06-16 02:22 PM
    OK, there wasn't anything else I could disable the permission to. So...

I downgraded to 2876 and it's back to normal now. Even with location services on it lies dormant until a location is requested by me. On 2888 the location services was active every 10 seconds..

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 01:25 PM