Many of us have had and still have a continuing contact battle since moving to bb10. I found the attached screen a little while back to delete all local contacts, leaving you with your sync'd contacts only. It doesn't solve all the weirdness but cleans things up a fair amount.
    Local Contacts - Delete - Cleans up your Contact List!-img_00000405.png

Posted via CB10
    bmwbarrister, biranty and ndorazio like this.
    06-13-13 09:43 PM
    Thanks for the tip! Another good solution is the app Contact X......

Is your contact list in disarray? Give Contact X a try! | CrackBerry.com
    07-29-13 08:55 AM
    The issue I am having so far with contacts is that it won't pull all my contacts down from my Google account. I can add a new contact on my phone and 5 minutes later that is on google but I have several that won't come to the phone. I have had to create new contacts with the same infor using different names.

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 09:10 AM
    The issue I am having so far with contacts is that it won't pull all my contacts down from my Google account. I can add a new contact on my phone and 5 minutes later that is on google but I have several that won't come to the phone. I have had to create new contacts with the same infor using different names.

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10

Go in to the Hub and press the three dots and then select Refresh. Also make sure you added the contacts (and calendar if you want to sync that) when you added the email account.
    07-29-13 09:30 AM
    Yes the contacts, email and calendar were all setup correctly with the device. Never had this issue with OS7.

Maybe OS11.9 will sort this?

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    07-29-13 09:36 AM
    Hi!
    I am using a Z10 model with OS version 10.0.10.648. I am also using Portuguese language setup instead of English.
    When going to account setup I don't have the 3 dots to get the menu as displayed in above picture.
    I can only see "add accound" and "set defaults". Any suggestion how to delete Local contacts?
    Thank you
    10-20-13 06:11 PM

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if my case before is exactly the same as yours but my Gmail contacts were also always missing on my phone. I discovered that I had the same contacts in more than one Gmail accounts that were set to sync with my phone. It seems the system was in a loop of syncing and then removing the same contacts (?). So, I put all the contacts in only one Gmail account for syncing to my phone, and all has been well ever since.
    10-20-13 07:02 PM
    Thanks for the tip! Another good solution is the app Contact X......

Is your contact list in disarray? Give Contact X a try! | CrackBerry.com
    Yes, I totally agree. I just used Contact-X this morning to clean up my duplicate contacts, and it did it beautifully!

Posted via Z10
    10-21-13 02:49 AM
    Hi!
    I am using a Z10 model with OS version 10.0.10.648. I am also using Portuguese language setup instead of English.
    When going to account setup I don't have the 3 dots to get the menu as displayed in above picture.
    I can only see "add accound" and "set defaults". Any suggestion how to delete Local contacts?
    Thank you
    I believe its only available in later software versions. I don't know exactly when it first appeared and perhaps someone can help out here, but you will have to do a software upgrade. With the leaked software I run, I have lost track of exactly what version it was when I saw this first.
    10-21-13 03:35 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    I have installed now the latest version OS 10.1 and I got the choice of cleaning local calendar and contacts. Makes a big difference.
    Also learned that soon there will be a new version of OS 10.2 from Z30 available... Let's hope it will improve the Z10's performance.
    thanks
    10-22-13 05:59 PM