I'm leaving for vacations and thus load my Z10 SD card with tons (7 GB) of music files.
    While it might have been explained already, I believe some will hit the same problems I had.

I started trying to use Link ... ok, forget it.
    Then I simply drag/drop-ed files in the volume mounted when you connect your device via USB. Bummer, the transfer rate was as slow as under 1MB/s ... announced (probably wrong) more than 3 hours to copy my files.
    BUT
    If you go into settings/storage you can activate the "USB mass storage" feature. And voila !
    My transfer rate is now up to 7.2 MB/s (I'm using a USB3 port) and predicted time (probably wrong too) is about 22 minutes. Of course, you'll also keep the transfer window as the active one, as Windows will lower the rate if it is running in background (that's a general Windows rule).

PS: if you use link to sync, do not forget to set it back off when finished !

Have a nice vacation time buddies !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-04-13 at 03:35 AM.
    Carterbits likes this.
    08-04-13 03:19 AM
    Would it also work to pull the SD card and use a USB card adaptor, to avoid having the phone tied to PC for an extended period?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-04-13 04:58 AM
    Would it also work to pull the SD card and use a USB card adaptor, to avoid having the phone tied to PC for an extended period?
    Yup. Drag and drop to card directly works too.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 05:00 AM
    Sure, unless your SD is encrypted. Should have mentioned it, thanks !

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:17 PM
    Love it that link isn't required to transfer files to the phone and that we can use micro SD chips. One of the many reasons I refuse to use an Apple.

- aBBuser
    axe50 likes this.
    08-05-13 06:24 PM
    Love it that link isn't required to transfer files to the phone and that we can use micro SD chips. One of the many reasons I refuse to use an Apple.

- aBBuser
    Also note you can do it over wi-fi.
    But performance will not be as good than with usb.
    Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:44 PM
    I'd like to do the same, but will the z10 support a huge sd card, like 64 gigs? What is the maximum sd card it will support?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 02:33 AM
    I have a 64G Kingston card and I use drag n drop to copy, transfer rate was 4MB/s using usb2. Card was formmated while in the z10.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-09-13 11:07 AM
    I'd like to do the same, but will the z10 support a huge sd card, like 64 gigs? What is the maximum sd card it will support?

Posted via CB10
    64 gb is the biggest supported today. As suggested back up the thread format the card in the phone. Running a SanDisk 64 in my phone for a bit now. Love the storage.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-09-13 12:09 PM
    Awesome...thx 4 the info guys.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-09-13 02:45 PM