1) If your phone is locked, swiping up on the screen will instantly bring up the password entry screen/keyboard. (previously it would take a little bit of time and the animations were slower)
    2) Cap Lock + Backshift now deletes characters/forward delete. (Previously this only worked in the Hub when composing an email)
    3) The edit/correction circle when you tap on text to edit is much more responsive when tapping on the left or right side of the circle. Pretty much instant now. (Previously there would be a one second delay before the circle moved)
    4) Clicking on a number in the Hub will now give a confirmation asking if you indeed want to call the user (Previously, taps on a phone number in the Hub from a previous call or missed call would immediately call the contact)
    5a) Volume control can not toggle between vibrate and normal. (Previously, the sound profiles would toggle from Vibrate->Silent->Normal, and then between normal and Silent and if you wanted to toggle to vibrate, you would have to open up your notifications screen again)
    5b) Notification volume and media volume is now separate. If music is playing and you adjust the volume, the volume of the music is adjusted, otherwise the volume of the notifications are adjusted. (Previously notification volume and media volume were the same setting)
    5c) Because of 5b, bluetooth headset/headphone volume can be adjusted on the bluetooth headset OR on the phone. (Previously, volume adjustment was only available on the bluetooth headset/headphone when paired. )
    5d) Bluetooth headset that is paired when the phone is set to silent will have no sound, regardless of trying to increase the volume on the bluetooth headset. Bug fixed! This was a very big problem for me since I often had my phone on silent so I kept having to disconnect, unmute and reconnect the bluetooth headset.
    6) Certain types of email accounts can do email retention/sync of: Forever!

Other stuff:
    7) A lot of the transition animations were sped up to make the phone seem more snappy. E.g. clicking on compose in The Hub, or

WOW! They pretty much fixed all of my biggest gripes with the phone and there is more stuff to come!?!? Amazing update!!!

It's not perfect yet though, some performance issues I can think of:
    Stuff they still need to work on
    1) Opening the camera is still painfully slow. It should not have to take 4 seconds to open up.
    2) Removal of the shutter sound from the camera.
    05-14-13 04:10 PM
    The shutter sound is because of laws in a lot of places, I believe. In the developer documentation somewhere (I think having to do with BB World), they mention that if apps allow an option to take pictures without a shutter sound they need a disclaimer that it isn't legal everywhere.

Maybe you'll be able to find camera apps that do that, but to me it seems like BB is against turning off the shutter sound.
    Last edited by MasterOfBinary; 05-14-13 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Clarification that it isn't legal everywhere
    05-14-13 05:20 PM
    wheres dark mode, i thought we were supposed to get it for the Z10
    05-14-13 05:32 PM
    One major fix I have seen in the 10.1 update is that the phone app now opens much quicker and you no longer have that annoying active call at the bottom left hand corner anymore. Used to cause a few seconds delay before 10.1.

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it or noticed it but it's much much faster than pre 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:24 PM
    I like the new "preparing Blackberry hub" animation
    05-14-13 08:18 PM
    black theme from the Q10 whenever you hit the share button
    05-14-13 09:27 PM
    Finally we can copy a phone number from the Web browser and paste it on the phone call screen. This was a huge gripe of mine. Overall things seem much quicker.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:40 PM
    Anything different with remember app?

@ChrisJaam : pin:333D5AD8
    05-15-13 01:34 AM
    Anything different with remember app?

@ChrisJaam : pin:333D5AD8
    Remember now has formatted notes but still can't use tags with Evernote or move a note from a local folder to an evernote folder

Posted via CB10
    aboldcurve likes this.
    05-15-13 08:04 AM
    10.1 update fixed the lack of voice mail notification in the hub with Rogers at least.

Posted from my Z10
    05-15-13 08:16 AM
    They also changed the fbook messages from the hub. Now it can receive pictures

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:12 AM
    Battery life even better, also seeing a boost in speed running android apps, Waze in particular

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:47 PM
    Battery life even better, also seeing a boost in speed running android apps, Waze in particular

Posted via CB10
    I too noticed an improvement in battery life too, by 30%. Usually on a work day, my battery would only last 13 hours with light usage and it would be at 10% when I'm almost home. Today it was at 40% after 12 hours with extensive use.
    05-15-13 11:21 PM