After I've encountered the "Loading accounts settings" several times I started to look for the apps that may cause this error. From there on I came up with the idea to start a thread where we can list Android apps that cause this error. I don't know it this already exists cause I couldn't find it. Also the reason why I put this thread under BB10 Leaked/Beta OS is because in my opinion it has more to do with the BB10 OS than with the apps.

So I'll start with a list of apps I found causing the "Loading accounts settings" error. I hope people will compleet this list, so please add your findings to this thread.

IMPORTANT: all the apps listed below don't have to cause an issue for everyone!!!

List if Android apps:
    - Facebook
    - Facebook messenger (not sure)
    - Facebook pages manager
    - Viber
    - Google Login service (not sure)
    - Google Play service (Confirmed by VR6)
    - 1Mobile App Store (for some users)
    - Good eReader App Store
    - Aptoid
    - Google Play apk/bar (according to Robbenezer)
    - Samsung ChatOn
    Last edited by nck20; 11-28-13 at 03:07 AM.
    Mecca EL, anon(1852343) and VR6 like this.
    11-20-13 02:06 AM
    Yep Google Play Services confirmed. I just uninstalled it and my account opened up fine!

Fired from my Z10
    11-20-13 02:15 AM
    I have both Google Play Services and Google Login Services installed, but my Accounts still work perfectly. Never had the Account page problem in the first place though.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Last edited by dustmalik; 11-20-13 at 04:09 AM.
    11-20-13 03:25 AM
    Okay, so actually for every individual it's different wich apps cause the error.

The first time I had 10.2.1.1055 installed I also didn't had any problems, but then I wanted to upgrade to the 1057 and from there on it started. Went back to 1055 and still have te problems sometime.
    11-20-13 03:47 AM
    Okay, so actually for every individual it's different wich apps cause the error.

The first time I had 10.2.1.1055 installed I also didn't had any problems, but then I wanted to upgrade to the 1057 and from there on it started. Went back to 1055 and still have te problems sometime.
    I find that security wipe after installing an OS helps in preventing some of those issues. Also if one can do without restoration of Settings and App data Backup, then don't restore them.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    11-20-13 04:13 AM
    One of the following 3 apps was definitely causing the issue for me. I uninstalled all three, then checked my accounts and it was working again...

-1Mobile App Store
    -Good eReader App Store
    -Aptoid

Posted via my Z10
    11-20-13 06:16 AM
    One of the following 3 apps was definitely causing the issue for me. I uninstalled all three, then checked my accounts and it was working again...

-1Mobile App Store
    -Good eReader App Store
    -Aptoid

Posted via my Z10
    I have 1Mobile App Store installed and don't have any issues with it, maybe you can try if it helps to uncheck the notification with Ghost Commander app.
    11-20-13 06:59 AM
    For me anytime I install more then 16 apps. My account settings are gone. And to uninstall apps I can't do it the standard way of long pressing the app till it gets the delete icon, because that way it will come back after rebooting. I can only uninstall thru Settings/App manager/storage. That way it's gone completely.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:42 PM
    As suggested by berryberry8830 it has to do with the number of Android-ported apps installed on the device. For me anything over 18 causes the accounts screen to lock. For some, it's 21, others it's 16. It appears to be the amount of memory being used by android ported apps. Additionally, even if you delete another android app from the device you can't add something else. Once you've hit your limit, you're done. At least that's what I've encountered. Naming specific apps really has little to do with it. It just the number of apps and which ones you added last.
    11-20-13 01:18 PM
    I also noticed that when I reached the limit of apps and my settings got messed up. Deleting the apps I got from BlackBerry world that are android ports (I tried it with ebay) also fixed the problem. So "john Clark" is right that it has to do with the android Runtime limits.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:27 PM
    Actual Google Play apk/bar crashes my account page
    11-21-13 04:07 PM
    Dear all,

I may be asking a silly question which is inappropriate to this thread . . . do I have to worry about viruses and security holes now that BlackBerry 10 devices are behaving like Android devices especially after leaked OS 10.2.1.1055 and that e-mails are arriving directly at BlackBerry 10 devices (NOT flowing through BES nor BIS) ?

I have installed quite a few apk applications from Amazon Appstore and 1Mobile Market.

Sincerely,
    11-22-13 02:38 AM
    Dear all,

I may be asking a silly question which is inappropriate to this thread . . . do I have to worry about viruses and security holes now that BlackBerry 10 devices are behaving like Android devices especially after leaked OS 10.2.1.1055 and that e-mails are arriving directly at BlackBerry 10 devices (NOT flowing through BES nor BIS) ?

I have installed quite a few apk applications from Amazon Appstore and 1Mobile Market.

Sincerely,
    No you don't have to worry. Android apps run inside a so called 'sandbox'. This sandbox gives the android apps a separate place to run and can't get into you system. And for all the notification api's from android apps, blackberry translate those api's into their own api's, so if blackberry doesn't support an api from within the android app, it can't access anything.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    11-22-13 03:14 AM
    Uninstalled all. Still accounts no load...May reload os and NO wipe after...
    After I've encountered the "Loading accounts settings" several times I started to look for the apps that may cause this error. From there on I came up with the idea to start a thread where we can list Android apps that cause this error. I don't know it this already exists cause I couldn't find it. Also the reason why I put this thread under BB10 Leaked/Beta OS is because in my opinion it has more to do with the BB10 OS than with the apps.

So I'll start with a list of apps I found causing the "Loading accounts settings" error. I hope people will compleet this list, so please add your findings to this thread.

IMPORTANT: all the apps listed below don't have to cause an issue for everyone!!!

List if Android apps:
    - Facebook
    - Facebook messenger (not sure)
    - Facebook pages manager
    - Viber
    - Google Login service (not sure)
    - Google Play service (Confirmed by VR6)
    - 1Mobile App Store (for some users)
    - Good eReader App Store
    - Aptoid
    - Google Play apk/bar (according to Robbenezer)

P.S. sorry if a thread like this one already exist.
    11-26-13 12:57 AM
    I have both play store and Google Play services installed and never encountered this error on my stl-2.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:23 AM
    No you don't have to worry. Android apps run inside a so called 'sandbox'. This sandbox gives the android apps a separate place to run and can't get into you system. And for all the notification api's from android apps, blackberry translate those api's into their own api's, so if blackberry doesn't support an api from within the android app, it can't access anything.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You're wrong.

The VM/sandboxing thing certainly helps, but it is not magic.

Any software that can access your files, your contacts/PIM and other data, access the network, see account data and so on, can be malicious. This is a key reason the OS displays a warning every time you directly install an .APK.

People who install non-BBW-sourced Android apps need to make sure they obtain them from a trustworthy source, and then stay up to date on new versions because there is no Google Play handling that for you - ie if bugs or security vulnerabilities are subsequently discovered.

(I seem to recall the developer of the Snap tool mentioning he was working on some sort of update-checking mechanism.. which would be a very cool feature.)
    bob_tn, nck20 and app_Developer like this.
    11-26-13 01:54 AM
    So, is there a way to fix the "loading accounts" problem besides doing a wipe and reloading the os? It looks like some have tried different things without success. I'm on a Z30, Verizon, with 10.2.0.262 as came with the device.
    11-26-13 09:57 AM
    Echoing what others are saying, it doesn't seem to be any one particular app. I deleted Android apps 1 by 1 until it worked, the ones I deleted were: Sony PlayMemories, GateGuru, then finally Yahoo Sports. After Yahoo Sports it worked again... so not sure if it was specifically Yahoo Sports messing up Accounts or just a threshold (# or storage amount or something else...) that fixed it.
    11-26-13 10:00 AM
    This certainly isn't a universal problem. I have the following directly loaded apks

?1Mobile
    ?Aptoide
    ?Mobo Market
    ?Good e-Reader
    ?Google Earth
    ?WatchESPN
    ?Touch Time for Deltek Vision
    ?Poynt (because it's newer than the BBW version)
    ?IMDb

At no point did I ever lose the ability to go into the Accounts page.

I did find that, using the Taskmanager Android app (previously side loaded bar), all the Android App stores keep running in the background, along with the WatchESPN app. I can kill them, but they all just restart within seconds. I've already turned off the notifications for all of them using Ghost Commander, but that doesn't seem to help the background running issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:49 AM
    1mobile App is not a problem for me

Here are what's causing the problem:

Wechat - both from 1mobile and Google Play
    Kakaotalk - both from 1mobile and Google Play

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    11-26-13 11:57 AM
    Interesting thread

I have same issue.

Reluctant to unload OS again but currently can't get into Accounts

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:04 PM
    I have had the same issue, but deleting any app did not work.
    I was forced to wipe the phone and reinstall a limited number of android apps (7) and is working great so far.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:12 PM
    Google apps was the only one I traced it down to. In installed and everything works perfect.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:30 PM
    Deleting 'Viber' enabled me to access my Accounts again

Result

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 03:23 PM
    Those of you who are stating that you only deleted a single app and that solved the issue, can you please also state how many other Android apps - either sideloaded, directly installed APKs, or Android apps ported to BlackBerry World - that you also have installed?

Thanks.
    11-26-13 08:43 PM
47 12