I think BlackBerry should stop selling the idea of the most secure platform. Because most people don't really care about it. And when people think about BlackBerry what comes to their mind is a closed and limited platform. If they had normal phones to sell for the masses too maybe they could stay in competition. Security would be a 'plus' for people who need/want security instead of being a 'less' to most everyone in the world who cares about the app ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    I think the privacy issue has big cache right now, and BlackBerry can stir interest.

I know Dtek is a bit limited without Marshmallow, but it's still a lot better than nothing. Not that it really matters, because people perceive BlackBerry to be more private, and I think that message is getting out there.
    12-16-15 12:22 PM
    I think the privacy issue has big cache right now, and BlackBerry can stir interest.

I know Dtek is a bit limited without Marshmallow, but it's still a lot better than nothing. Not that it really matters, because people perceive BlackBerry to be more private, and I think that message is getting out there.
    I'm not saying BlackBerry should stop working on the security theme, but they need to go popular again. Privacy is not enough.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 01:26 PM
    I'm not saying BlackBerry should stop working on the security theme, but they need to go popular again. Privacy is not enough.

Posted via CB10
    You have to go with what you have.

BlackBerry brings security/privacy and physical keyboards to the Android party. It's too late to generate anything new I would think. All in with what you are known for.
    12-16-15 01:36 PM
    I think BlackBerry should stop selling the idea of the most secure platform. Because most people don't really care about it. And when people think about BlackBerry what comes to their mind is a closed and limited platform. If they had normal phones to sell for the masses too maybe they could stay in competition. Security would be a 'plus' for people who need/want security instead of being a 'less' to most everyone in the world who cares about the app ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting idea. Maybe it would be viable for them to sell two versions of the phones: one with high security for enterprise and end users who value security and one with less security so that tinkerers can play with it. I'm not saying they should do this right now, I'm just expanding your idea

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-17-15 12:55 AM
    Interesting idea. Maybe it would be viable for them to sell two versions of the phones: one with high security for enterprise and end users who value security and one with less security so that tinkerers can play with it. I'm not saying they should do this right now, I'm just expanding your idea

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Exactly! Thanks for the clarification.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-18-15 09:01 AM
    In an Alan Partridge voice:

'LIQUID Smooth!'

That is all.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 02:48 AM
81 ... 234