I got a notice in my BB10 hub that it needed my login information for the LinkedIn App. After making sure my account wasn't hijacked, I see that the BB10 hub cannot be updated with login information. Is LinkedIn even supported anymore? Or has it gone the way of the BB10 native Facebook and WhatsApp apps?

It's getting harder and harder to stay with BB10. Any thoughts?
    08-24-17 08:27 AM
    They had not updated for so long, but windows OS is new and nice.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    08-24-17 08:44 AM
    Boo. Makes me sad.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-17 10:48 AM
    I got a Twitter message from LinkedInHelp and they confirmed that only iOS and Android are supported apps for the foreseeable future. BlackberryHelp said that they don't support third party apps.

I'm sad today.
    08-25-17 01:27 PM
    Does it still support messages in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-17 01:50 PM
    I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-17 05:01 PM
    Unfortunately for BB10 fans, this is what it means to be running an OS that hasn't been in development for 3+ years. Support has evaporated, and as the rest of the world moves forward, BB10 will increasingly get left behind.

The folks that pretended that because BB10 worked for them yesterday, it would continue to work for years, ignore the fact that so many functions rely on remote servers and services, and once those change or are cut off, that functionality is lost.

DropBox integration will be gone in a couple of days. Remote Blend is gone. WhatsApp will be gone soon, and who knows what else will be lost by that time...
    08-25-17 09:23 PM
    The LinkedIn invitation notification feature on my Q10 stopped working about a year ago...right around the time of the Microsoft acquisition. The native app itself still works though.
    08-26-17 09:59 AM
    Who cares. It's only an app. I'm pretty sure we were all getting by before all these apps. If u wanna play games and get involved with celebrity pix and silly comments. U better get an Android Or an iOS seeing how they support their silly apps. If your about your business and making money get a BlackBerry. Productivity is the key.

Da Reepah
    08-26-17 10:02 AM
    Um...LinkedIn is a professional career networking site and has nothing to do with "games" and "celebrity pix".
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-26-17 10:07 AM
    Who cares. It's only an app. I'm pretty sure we were all getting by before all these apps. If u wanna play games and get involved with celebrity pix and silly comments. U better get an Android Or an iOS seeing how they support their silly apps. If your about your business and making money get a BlackBerry. Productivity is the key.

Da Reepah
    It's hard to be "productive" when all you can do is email. That's assuming you can even join the company network or MDM.
    08-26-17 10:07 AM
    It's hard to be "productive" when all you can do is email. That's assuming you can even join the company network or MDM.
    All you can do is email!? Typical fanboy Conite...
    08-26-17 10:30 AM

Da Reepah
    Too funny. Still waiting for the punchline, though.
    08-26-17 10:37 AM
    All you can do is email!? Typical fanboy Conite...
    True. You can also do calls, sms, BBM, and PDA-related stuff. Apps are overrated!
    08-26-17 10:41 AM
    True. You can also do calls, sms, BBM, and PDA-related stuff. Apps are overrated!
    Ahahaha. No, but the point is: who still use the email?
    08-26-17 10:53 AM
    Unfortunately for BB10 fans, this is what it means to be running an OS that hasn't been in development for 3+ years. Support has evaporated, and as the rest of the world moves forward, BB10 will increasingly get left behind.

The folks that pretended that because BB10 worked for them yesterday, it would continue to work for years, ignore the fact that so many functions rely on remote servers and services, and once those change or are cut off, that functionality is lost.

DropBox integration will be gone in a couple of days. Remote Blend is gone. WhatsApp will be gone soon, and who knows what else will be lost by that time...
    It's important when people make plans for the next year or two with BB10 that they understand the difference between apps built on third party APIs that may change at any time, and the apps built on standard, slow changing data interfaces.

In talking about the future usability of BlackBerry 10 it's worth looking at apps in the following categories:

1) Mature Industry Standards-based Apps
    The core functionality of email, calendar, contacts, and tasks are based on mature industry standards and will likely be stable for years.

2) Stable, aging apps
    Blackberry's Web browser and Maps programs fall into this category in 2017. They're generally working and usable, but they are not being updated, so their performance will slowly and continually degrade as they become obsolete. They probably won't suddenly stop functioning, but better alternatives will become more and more attractive. Many BB10 native apps fit into this category.

3)Apps that could break at any time, based on changes to APIs or the decisions by third parties to end support. Dropbox, WhatsApp, Facebook and LinkedIn, as well as numerous other mainstream apps, are in this category.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-26-17 11:11 AM

Da Reepah
    Wow, so LOOKING FOR A JOB doesn't fit your definition of "productivity"?

This forum is all crack, no berry!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-26-17 12:25 PM
    Wow, so LOOKING FOR A JOB doesn't fit your definition of "productivity"?

This forum is all crack, no berry!
    I'm pretty sure we were all looking for jobs from laptops and desktops before Linkden came out. Shooot, I remember riding my bike through snow giving out resumes. Apps are way over rated like Apples product. Don't let new technology and apps break you and make you lazy. I've noticed that ever since Apple and Android started to take over the market. Our children in this world can't even do math, cursives, read etc. They too busy living on their phones all day. I feel sorry for the new generation coming up. This world is gonna be Doomed like that Doctor.

Da Reepah
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-26-17 12:46 PM
    I'm pretty sure we were all looking for jobs from laptops and desktops before Linkden came out. Shooot, I remember riding my bike through snow giving out resumes. Apps are way over rated like Apples product. Don't let new technology and apps break you and make you lazy. I've noticed that ever since Apple and Android started to take over the market. Our children in this world can't even do math, cursives, read etc. They too busy living on their phones all day. I feel sorry for the new generation coming up. This world is gonna be Doomed like that Doctor.

Da Reepah
    Cities, industrial revolution, electricity, radio, telephone, rock'n'roll, TV, cell phones, PDAs, email, SMS, now apps.

Yell at the kids on your lawn, or accept change. The world will adapt.
    08-26-17 01:08 PM

Da Reepah
    Do you still ride your bike handing out resumes? Because if not, you're a hypocrite. Time moves forward and things change. You condescend someone for using an app, so you're no better if you have a car.
    08-26-17 01:18 PM
    Cities, industrial revolution, electricity, radio, telephone, rock'n'roll, TV, cell phones, PDAs, email, SMS, now apps.

Yell at the kids on your lawn, or accept change. The world will adapt.
    I continue to yell at the kids on my lawn.

Da Reepah
    08-26-17 01:26 PM
    I continue to yell at the kids on my lawn.

Da Reepah
    Atta boy!
    08-26-17 01:27 PM
    Do you still ride your bike handing out resumes? Because if not, you're a hypocrite. Time moves forward and things change. You condescend someone for using an app, so you're no better if you have a car.
    I'm sorry. I haven't had to hand out a resume for some years now. But I still do ride my bike. Its great exercise.

Da Reepah
    08-26-17 01:27 PM
    I'm sorry. I haven't had to hand out a resume for some years now. But I still do ride my bike. Its great exercise.

Da Reepah
    Still, you need to sell your car since a bike is just as efficient.

And I guess posting on Crackberry falls under "productivity" as well?
    08-26-17 01:32 PM
    Can you believe these darn kids buy little sticks of butter at a store instead of churning their own!

This could be the end.
    08-26-17 01:42 PM
33 12