Recently I was trying to restore my device using blackberry Link on Windows 10.
    The blackberry Link was working fine but Few days ago there was an update for Windows 10 after that my Z10 is not connecting to the PC via LINK.
    I tried all the ways but still got nothing.

Any help how can I restore my device on Windows 10 using LINK.

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    05-08-17 05:56 AM
    Hi, I use Win10 with my BB Passport. When i bought my Pass, I install a BB soft (with Link and Blend) on my main profile in my PC (with advanced user privileges) and BB link and Blend don't work. Wrrrr...

And I create another account in my PC with standard user privileges and I try running BB link. It's running and I very happy, because Blend running too on my main account, link not work...

Now when I must use Blend I use my main account, but when I must create backup my Passport and other I use my second account on my PC with Windows 10
    05-08-17 11:51 AM
    There's no need to create an new account for one program.

And while BlackBerry will no longer be providing updates, including security updates, for BlackBerry Desktop Software, it will continue to be available for download, but there will be no technical support available.
    But, It still DOES work fine with Windows 10.

Windows 10 is very touchy about certain hardware and unsigned drivers. Try disabling your antivirus software. Also, make sure your firewall is not "blocking" BB Link.
    Unplug any USB supported hardware that you don't need (temporarily) Including your Passport
    Now, reboot your computer and plug your device cable into a USB port again and that should clear up your issue.
    Also, you might try using a different USB cable to ensure you are not plugged into a USB Hub or docking station.

Also, on your Passport, in Settings tap on "Device Connections" and make sure " ALLOW CONNECTIONS" is set to ON. If this setting is already turned on but you cannot connect, set Allow Connections to Off, and then set it back to On.
    If you encounter trouble connecting to your device over a Wi-Fi connection, make sure your network environment supports IPv6 traffic.

And lastly, try registering your device with the wireless network using the following steps:
    Tap Settings followed by About, Tap the Category drop-down list, Tap Network from the drop-down list, Tap the three dot icon in the lower-right corner and Tap Register BlackBerry.

These are all "suggestions." You do these at your own risk, blah,blah,blah and so on and so forth! (they make me say that)
    05-11-17 06:19 PM