Hey guys,

Link has been working for me most of the time, now it can't backup anymore. Re-installed, Wiped Win10...still no backup possible.

I want to backup my system data (not personal media) to be able to restore, even after april and 2019...any solutions?
    03-16-18 11:33 AM
    Ultimate Backup is a great tool.... but it's not a "full" backup.

I think you know what the real solution is....
    03-16-18 01:05 PM
    Device backup stopped working years ago for me

Synch still works with Outlook via link

Posted via CB10
    03-16-18 01:18 PM
    Ultimate Backup is a great tool.... but it's not a "full" backup.

I think you know what the real solution is....
    The "solution" is not what I want. I want a solution for what I am asking for.

I want to be able to restore my Passport even after 2019 and even if I can't login again to verify my BBID (if servers might be down...). And that's why I want to use Link for, not for backuping my personal data - I prefer other solutions for that.

Can Ultimate Backup also backup the system software? Or just personal data, contacts and apps?

When I try to login to Link it says I have to log in again because my password has been changed (which is NOT the case...) and after it says there is no device connected to this ID - which also is not true, because both my Passport and Classic use this ID for years...

Same issue on Win7. No good.

A server-side problem/take off from Blackberry itself? The beginning of the end?...uff.
    Last edited by Akis Tsirogiannis; 03-16-18 at 02:24 PM.
    03-16-18 02:08 PM
    Hey guys,

Link has been working for me most of the time, now it can't backup anymore. Re-installed, Wiped Win10...still no backup possible.

I want to backup my system data (not personal media) to be able to restore, even after april and 2019...any solutions?
    The drill for getting Link to work on Windows 10 includes VERY importantly imo using the registry to TOTALLY remove anything "BlackBerry" on your PC then rebooting and reinstalling BBLink and Blend. I would recommend doing this through your BB10 device. By that I mean plugging your device into the PC and following the prompts to install the desktop software. If you have followed those steps and still cannot connect then you have NO choice but to use Ultimate Backup or some other app from BBW. In my opinion, I would use UB as it backs up pretty much anything you should need. Check the list of things it backs up in the app description. There is more there than just "personal media". Having said all this, BBLink and Blend work perfectly for me on a Win 10 Laptop for my old PlayBook, spare Z10 and Passport.
    Akis Tsirogiannis likes this.
    03-16-18 02:36 PM
    The drill for getting Link to work on Windows 10 includes VERY importantly imo using the registry to TOTALLY remove anything "BlackBerry" on your PC then rebooting and reinstalling BBLink and Blend. I would recommend doing this through your BB10 device. By that I mean plugging your device into the PC and following the prompts to install the desktop software. If you have followed those steps and still cannot connect then you have NO choice but to use Ultimate Backup or some other app from BBW. In my opinion, I would use UB as it backs up pretty much anything you should need. Check the list of things it backs up in the app description. There is more there than just "personal media". Having said all this, BBLink and Blend work perfectly for me on a Win 10 Laptop for my old PlayBook, spare Z10 and Passport.
    Thanks for your detailed advice - I did exactly that, and it worked!
    03-16-18 03:36 PM
    Thanks for your detailed advice - I did exactly that, and it worked!
    Glad that worked for you. Now, just so you are aware, it can take upto 5 minutes or so for Link to load your device info. Many people watch the squirckle (sic) for a few minutes and give up. If it seems to take forever, go make a coffee and give it time to find and display your device contents etc. I've also found that sometimes it takes AGES to find and load the .bbb backup files from your PC hard drive. Good Luck!
    Akis Tsirogiannis likes this.
    03-16-18 04:10 PM
    Great post. Can I ask how do you insure the registry is cleared of anything Blackberry aside from doing a complete uninstall of link and blend?
    05-07-18 08:21 AM
    Great post. Can I ask how do you insure the registry is cleared of anything Blackberry aside from doing a complete uninstall of link and blend?
    You have to either manually do it by going into the registry (regedit on your PC) and finding/deleting entries with a search for Blackberry/RIM etc OR an easier way is downloading/installing a program on your PC called Revo Uninstaller (highly recommended).
    05-07-18 08:50 AM
    Many thanks!
    My link will back up my Passport Silver and my Z10...but not my Passport Black. Any thoughts on this? I cannot even connect to factory settings. Is there an apk that I can download to se tthis specific phone to factory settings?
    05-07-18 11:45 AM
    Many thanks!
    My link will back up my Passport Silver and my Z10...but not my Passport Black. Any thoughts on this? I cannot even connect to factory settings. Is there an apk that I can download to se tthis specific phone to factory settings?
    There should be no reason for this---if one Passport connects, they both should. Are the OS's in both Passports and Z10 the same? Make sure your devices are all recognized with your BBID and you may want to sign out through Link then resign in using your Black.
    05-07-18 12:34 PM