Hi everyone,
    Like a lot of people I joined Facebook a few year as ago.*
    I am close to 100 friends and therefore consider myself as a light user.
    It's been a few days that I have the impression that I have *a thousand of friends as my feed gets a lot more entries than in the past. I think it is due to the fact that all the likes of my friends are now showing.*
    I was wondering if I was the only one and if someone knew how to prevent the likes to be included in the feed.‎

Thanks!

PS: this post is not for people who are not using Facebook, ‎people who want to raise awareness on the issues of personal data or those who don't *like Zuckerberg. There plenty of other threads on these subjects

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 09:30 AM
    Facebook is changing the newsfeed all the time so it could well be because of Likes showing now. I noticed some changes also like more pages friends liked in my newsfeed and my own post not showing until someone comments or likes.

Get used to it, it will change every now and then so Facebook can make the most money out of the advertisements and likes of sponsored pages
    08-18-15 10:08 AM
    yes mine is the same since the start of August, It no longer includes my friends statuses instead the feed is cluttered with all my friends likes and my friends commenting on THEIR friends statuses who i dont even know. Totally unusable and pointless now. If you look on Blackberry World and reviews for facebook everyone says the same.
    08-18-15 10:37 AM
    Is this specific to the BlackBerry app or does this happen with all facebook apps because it's a functionality that facebook changed?
    08-18-15 10:38 AM
    I normally don't scroll on Facebook much, maybe like once or twice a week, but have noticed this change too. Makes it even more unlikely for me to check my timeline now

Don't know if it's only our app or all of them, but I'll check on my mom's phone later and compare

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:52 AM
    This is a problem only with the Facebook for BlackBerry app and it's annoying every Facebook for BlackBerry 10 user. Just read the reviews in BlackBerry World and you'll know why people are getting fed up. They need to fix this problem pronto. How after almost three years the Facebook app is still like this is beyond me.
    08-18-15 10:57 AM
    This is a problem only with the Facebook for BlackBerry app and it's annoying every Facebook for BlackBerry 10 user. Just read the reviews in BlackBerry World and you'll know why people are getting fed up. They need to fix this problem pronto. How after almost three years the Facebook app is still like this is beyond me.
    Hasn't always been like this, but yes now it is awful and best using the mobile site.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-18-15 11:24 AM
    Hasn't always been like this, but yes now it is awful and best using the mobile site.

Posted with my  Classic
    True in that it's now worse but the News Feed has always had problems in not showing things. I've missed so many important posts because they simply do not show up in the News Feed or on Profiles.
    08-18-15 11:28 AM
    I think your wrong. This has been reported with iOS and Andriod. Check other threads about this.
    08-18-15 12:04 PM
    I think your wrong. This has been reported with iOS and Andriod. Check other threads about this.
    I guess I can only speak about my own experience and I have a Samsung Note 4 and Apple iPad and I'm not encountering this problem on those devices.
    08-18-15 12:38 PM
    OP, I have noticed the same thing with the FB app on my Z30.
    08-18-15 12:45 PM
    It's clearly a problem with the facebook ap. And yes, one can use a web browser on the phone to view the full facebook feed, but that's a horrible inelegant kludge. When I get notifications of facebook posts in the hub, I expect to be able to click on them and view the posts. Now at least 60% of the time when I click on a facebook notification in the hub I get an error "This post could not be loaded."

This is supposed to be a communication centered device. The best at email. the best at social media (facebook, linkedin, twitter), BBM, etc... I LOVE the hub. I just want it to work right. Blackberry needs to fix this.

I shouldn't have to use the browser, or load the android facebook ap (which I assume similarly would lack hub integration?)

Hoping that blackberry will do the right thing by their customers. Dubious that they will.
    08-20-15 12:54 AM
    1000+ ^

Posted with my z10
    08-20-15 02:02 AM
    It's clearly a problem with the facebook ap. And yes, one can use a web browser on the phone to view the full facebook feed, but that's a horrible inelegant kludge. When I get notifications of facebook posts in the hub, I expect to be able to click on them and view the posts. Now at least 60% of the time when I click on a facebook notification in the hub I get an error "This post could not be loaded."

This is supposed to be a communication centered device. The best at email. the best at social media (facebook, linkedin, twitter), BBM, etc... I LOVE the hub. I just want it to work right. Blackberry needs to fix this.

I shouldn't have to use the browser, or load the android facebook ap (which I assume similarly would lack hub integration?)

Hoping that blackberry will do the right thing by their customers. Dubious that they will.
    Shouldn't have to, I agree. But it is the reality we face. And other platforms are having issues as well

Posted with my  Classic
    08-20-15 02:41 AM
    I finally deleted the app today after it started mixing up friends pictures with other friends posts. Something has gone seriously wrong with the 'most recent' news feed!

bblogo Watch out for the Signature Police
    08-20-15 07:16 AM
    And here I was wondering what on earth is going on. I'm not even sure what to say but this is absolutely ridiculous. This app has been utter garbage since release yet somehow keeps getting worse over time.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 09:03 AM
    And here I was wondering what on earth is going on. I'm not even sure what to say but this is absolutely ridiculous. This app has been utter garbage since release yet somehow keeps getting worse over time.

Posted via CB10
    It was fine before facebook changed something.
    There was no update to the app.
    This is all from Facebook's end.
    08-20-15 10:16 AM
    I had to change the feed from most recent to top stories. It was about to drive me insane.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:45 AM
    It was fine before facebook changed something.
    There was no update to the app.
    This is all from Facebook's end.
    Yup, people on other platforms having issues too

Posted with my  Classic
    08-20-15 02:49 PM
    My Android Facebook app runs just fine. It's only the BlackBerry version that's having issues on my device.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    08-20-15 05:30 PM

In general I agree with your post, but who on earth ever said BlackBerry is supposed to be the best at social media??? Not even close to the truth or something that has ever been claimed...by anyone, even the most die hard fans. If you want the best at social media, I'd say an iPhone is likely in your future.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 05:44 PM
    In general I agree with your post, but who on earth ever said BlackBerry is supposed to be the best at social media??? Not even close to the truth or something that has ever been claimed...by anyone, even the most die hard fans. If you want the best at social media, I'd say an iPhone is likely in your future.
    Posted via CB10
    That was the whole push for Blackberry10 when the Z10 was released. Blackberry made a big deal about how their new OS integrated all your communications into one place in an elegant and efficient fashion. The hub made blackberry the best at all your communications including social media -- that was the primary selling point of the Z10 and BBOS in general. Did you watch the Z10 launch event? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that was a big part of it. Blackberry has not lived up to that.

And yes, I've never had any problems with any of the iPhones that I've owned, but I've had horrible problems with my passports (though to be fair I'm pretty sure that the problems with my first passport were caused by defective hardware, one day it started getting *really* hot then died). The problems with my current passport are more annoying than preventing me from using the device, and I think they are mainly software related as far as I can tell. One, the crappy facebook app is essentially unusable. Two, Soundhound (and similar android programs like shazaam) no longer work (they used to work for me but no longer do). Those are two things I use a lot on my phone. And it frustrates me to no end that they don't work.

I'm sorry if you think I'm whining, but if we don't complain about the things that don't work they'll never get fixed. Maybe they'll never get fixed anyway, but we should try.

Oh, and I still have an iPad and the facebook app works great on it. I don't have android, but the facebook problems seem to be blackberry specific. If I were blackberry management I would be mortified to ship new phones with such a broken facebook app on them. It would be better for them to remove the app altogether and just put a facebook link up with the browser (and configure the hub to launch the browser instead of the facebook app). And yes, I realize the apps are broken because of changes that facebook made, but it's been weeks and weeks now, blackberry should fix this. Maybe they're working on it, I hope so.

Oh and for the record, despite all the problems I've had, I still love my passport. The OS is much more elegant and intuitive than iOS. I hate going back to iOS devices because BBOS 10 is so much more elegant. I also use my passport for email all the time now. I owned iPhones since the launch day of the very first iPhone, and I probably composed less than 10 emails on them in all those years. Managing a high volume of emails on the iPhone sucks compared to the blackberry way of doing things. There are many wonderful things about the passport and BBOS10 in general.

I just want blackberry to fix the basic things that don't work on their devices.
    08-21-15 06:42 AM
    Posted via CB10
    That was the whole push for Blackberry10 when the Z10 was released. Blackberry made a big deal about how their new OS integrated all your communications into one place in an elegant and efficient fashion. The hub made blackberry the best at all your communications including social media -- that was the primary selling point of the Z10 and BBOS in general. Did you watch the Z10 launch event? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that was a big part of it. Blackberry has not lived up to that.

And yes, I've never had any problems with any of the iPhones that I've owned, but I've had horrible problems with my passports (though to be fair I'm pretty sure that the problems with my first passport were caused by defective hardware, one day it started getting *really* hot then died). The problems with my current passport are more annoying than preventing me from using the device, and I think they are mainly software related as far as I can tell. One, the crappy facebook app is essentially unusable. Two, Soundhound (and similar android programs like shazaam) no longer work (they used to work for me but no longer do). Those are two things I use a lot on my phone. And it frustrates me to no end that they don't work.

I'm sorry if you think I'm whining, but if we don't complain about the things that don't work they'll never get fixed. Maybe they'll never get fixed anyway, but we should try.

Oh, and I still have an iPad and the facebook app works great on it. I don't have android, but the facebook problems seem to be blackberry specific. If I were blackberry management I would be mortified to ship new phones with such a broken facebook app on them. It would be better for them to remove the app altogether and just put a facebook link up with the browser (and configure the hub to launch the browser instead of the facebook app). And yes, I realize the apps are broken because of changes that facebook made, but it's been weeks and weeks now, blackberry should fix this. Maybe they're working on it, I hope so.

Oh and for the record, despite all the problems I've had, I still love my passport. The OS is much more elegant and intuitive than iOS. I hate going back to iOS devices because BBOS 10 is so much more elegant. I also use my passport for email all the time now. I owned iPhones since the launch day of the very first iPhone, and I probably composed less than 10 emails on them in all those years. Managing a high volume of emails on the iPhone sucks compared to the blackberry way of doing things. There are many wonderful things about the passport and BBOS10 in general.

I just want blackberry to fix the basic things that don't work on their devices.
    08-21-15 06:43 AM
    Yes this news feed showing my friends likes is annoying. Hope they fix it soon.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    08-21-15 07:07 AM

I hear you, and I don't think you're whining. The bottom line is, for better or worse, BB10 excels at email, and iOS excels at social media. Just the way it is. For me, social media is just a distractions that's not all that important. I know that isn't the case for some.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:13 PM
45 12