Maybe built in 2014, but at least mine was sold in 2015, and it was not a cheap device.
    During a very little time I felt supported by the provider.
    You can compare with apple support.

The device is in mint state, battery, plastics and even the hw the specs are still enough for me.

OS, runtime * and browser had not received proper updates.

* I can understand than moving up from jelly bean is expensive but iam sure than there are many improvements and defects to fix for player/runtime.

How valuable are you if you haven't bought a single BlackBerry device built after 2014?

What is a "proper" update? Since their hands are tied on the Android Runtime and 3rd party developers have left in droves, would a few more browser certificates satisfy you?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 12:05 PM
    I can understand than moving up from jelly bean is expensive
    Not just expensive, but illegal.
    glwerry likes this.
    08-02-17 12:24 PM
    Maybe built in 2014, but at least mine was sold in 2015, and it was not a cheap device.
    We all knew by 2014/15 that BlackBerry was struggling and threatening to leave the device business.

They actually came out in November of 2015 stating that only security patches would be provided going forward until the end of 2016.

Buyer beware.
    08-02-17 12:33 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor

Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware" (from caveat, "may he beware", a subjunctive form of cavēre, "to beware" + ēmptor, "buyer"). Generally, caveat emptor is the contract law principle that controls the sale of real property after the date of closing, but may also apply to sales of other goods. The phrase caveat emptor and its use as a disclaimer of warranties arise from the fact that buyers typically have less information about the good or service they are purchasing, while the seller has more information. The quality of this situation is known as 'information asymmetry'. Defects in the good or service may be hidden from the buyer, and only known to the seller.

A common way that information asymmetry between seller and buyer has been addressed is through a legally binding warranty, such as a guarantee of satisfaction. But without such a safeguard in place, the ancient rule applies, and the buyer should beware.
    08-02-17 12:36 PM
    Not just expensive, but illegal.
    You should say likely not permitted by Google since you have not seen BlackBerry's license. Also, you are basing this on one company's license document revealed from a fairly old court case.
    08-02-17 05:27 PM
    You should say likely not permitted by Google since you have not seen BlackBerry's license. Also, you are basing this on one company's license document revealed from a fairly old court case.
    And you see all the signs of Google ( and the OHA) loosening its grip on Android? Be sensible.

Besides, you keep talking about this like it even matters. BB10 is history.
    08-02-17 05:39 PM
    We've never talked about an individual app. We've talked about the Android Runtime environment which needs to constantly negotiate between android apps and the BB10 OS - handling notifications, access to services, providing alternatives to the google framework, etc. Big, big difference.
    These requirements can be provided from userland. Each running Android application has its own execution environment the instance of which can be created from a userland process. Also, Neutrino which is the foundation of BB10 has multi-threading and excellent IPC. And finally native apps can handle notifications to and from the OS. All the facilities required for app compatibility should be available with the native SDK. And the question regarding the inability of Android apps to run in the business space is because with Balance enabled each native app used for both work and personal are replicated into both spaces and can have a running instance in both spaces. This functionality was never added to the Player and associated apps probably due to issues of performance and the desire that developers focus their efforts on native apps.
    08-02-17 06:06 PM
    These requirements can be provided from userland. Each running Android application has its own execution environment the instance of which can be created from a userland process.
    No. Just no.

/blackberry-10-os-f269/like-see-one-more-bb10-device-1101450-post12977809/

Besides, the discussion is moot. BB10 is dead. It doesn't matter what they could or couldn't do with it. They're aren't doing anything and never will.
    08-02-17 06:10 PM
    Conite sounds like he is sitting in on those BlackBerry strategy meetings.
    DonHB likes this.
    08-02-17 06:23 PM
    Conite sounds like he is sitting in on those BlackBerry strategy meetings.
    They don't even have those anymore either.
    08-02-17 06:25 PM
    They don't even have those anymore either.
    08-02-17 07:34 PM
    Absolutely FNC..with NC= NO CHANCE regrettably. No I agree BB10 is still a fantastic O/S but the biggest negative is nobody else is supporting it. When apps like What’s App pull out of supporting a particular OS then its the finish I’m sorry to say .This has already stopped me buying a NOS Passport in Silver.
    01-11-18 03:37 AM
    I like to see one, not just for the office indoors, for some of us that has a office outdoors. I like to see one that carries all LTE, CDMA, GSM and iDen frequencies in the Americas even with OTA to install more LTE bands when they open up. Like to see one rugged as hell. Like to be able to use it while it's raining. If it drops in a mud puddle or even a pool, I can still talk, text and email with no issues. Like to see 2, maybe 3 nano Sim card slots which I could use for a GSM, CDMA and an iDen provider at the same time. Have a feature in the phone that allows you to choose between iDen Ptt, Sprints Direct Connect, AT&T and Verizon PTT services (even Prip and Mototalk apps) with the PTT button. Something that could be run over and I can pick it up and make a call. Dust, what the hell is that? Updated Android Runtime or full access of the Amazon runtime. I think the biggest demise for BB10 was vision, a vision for a great durable, dependable and yes, secured phone. The focus on apps was to much, I think if the phone spoke volumes, apps would more easily come on board. I'm not fond of third party apps, especially when they do not deliver the full features of the original and seem to **** off some that maybe new to BB10. Hell, I maybe wrong, however a different mind set would have set the BB10 devices apart from everyone else, not just in the OS but specs and going above and beyond anything out there today. So John Chen, if you are reading this, what do you have to offer? A remake of the Z30, Classic or Passport would have to be in the cards.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah pleeeeeeeaseeeee!!
    01-12-18 06:05 PM
    I think once BlackBerry realizes it's mistake with going Crapdroid, BB10 will make a triumphant return. It's foolish to ignore such a powerful OS that they built from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    LOL..no its FOOLISH to think BB10 will ever come back. It's DEAD
    01-13-18 02:51 PM
314 ... 111213