Chen was hired specifically to switch to software and kill BB10 (which was already dead in 2013).

And for the sake of shareholders, thank god.
    When he will retire?

Posted via CB11
    05-29-17 03:22 PM
    Yesssss I understand
    Maybe see one new more bb10 device when chen die or retire :laugh:

Posted via CB11
    05-29-17 03:30 PM
    Yesssss I understand
    Maybe see one new more bb10 device when chen die or retire

Posted via CB11
    I don't think you do. BlackBerry was saved by ditching BB10 and changing course.
    05-29-17 03:34 PM
    I don't think you do. BlackBerry was saved by ditching BB10 and changing course.
    *clears throat*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    05-29-17 03:36 PM
    No you see now I good understand
    They saved for now!android never help rim for long time
    for future, they will be in danger
    When Samsung have Felt threatened and is developing tizen to reduce their dependence from google

Why rim want rely on google?
    They must be stupid if they continue relying on google for long

Posted via CB11
    05-29-17 03:43 PM
    No you see now I good understand
    They saved for now!android never help rim for long time
    for future, they will be in danger
    When Samsung have Felt threatened and is making tizen to reduce their dependence from google

Why rim want rely on google?
    They must be stupid if they continue relying on google for long

Posted via CB11
    BlackBerry isn't making ANY devices anymore.

Other companies CHOSE to licence BlackBerry Android. At the same time, no one was interested in licencing BB10.
    05-29-17 03:53 PM
    Dont worry soon
    One day we will see bbandroid will die too

Posted via CB11
    05-29-17 03:53 PM
    Dont worry soon
    One day we will see bbandroid will die too

Posted via CB11
    I don't think BlackBerry would lose any sleep over it.
    05-29-17 03:56 PM

Other companies CHOSE to licence BlackBerry Android. At the same time, no one was interested in licencing BB10.
    How?
    Do you konw bb really wanted gave license of bb10 to companies when they don't continue developing ?

Posted via CB11
    05-29-17 03:57 PM
    How?
    Do you konw bb really wanted gave license of bb10 to companies when they don't continue developing ?

Posted via CB11
    They've been offering for a year. No takers.
    05-29-17 03:58 PM
    They've been offering for a year. No takers.
    Ha ha

All of their works are like a joke,

No company wants a secure os!!!!
    how it is possible

Microsoft offers license of winmobile and unknown Chinese and Japanese company or etc were interested in
    But bb?
    Maybe because of some reason

The price
    The support
    Myabe The agreement was a joke ,sell License but never continue develop :/
    Or etc

Posted via CB11
    05-29-17 04:08 PM
    I actually think it's simpler than animosity. It's pure economics.

Why spend resources to support BB10 when the number of users is vanishingly small?
    So basically at Ferrari they are stupids....lol!! You see rarely a Ferrari, but they still earn year by year!! The problem was maybe that BlackBerry spent more than expected, or was too optimist about its market. Probably they failed on marketing and on a short mid term vision about costs/incomes. But the product bb10 was is amazing in terms of quality.

Posted via CB10
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    05-29-17 04:12 PM
    So basically at Ferrari they are stupids....lol!! You see rarely a Ferrari, but they still earn year by year!! The problem was maybe that BlackBerry spent more than expected, or was too optimist about its market. Probably they failed on marketing and on a short mid term vision about costs/incomes. But the product bb10 was is amazing in terms of quality.

Posted via CB10
    We're taking about Netflix deciding that the small number of BB10 users was not worth their time.
    05-29-17 04:23 PM
    Ha ha

All of their works are like a joke,

No company wants a secure os!!!!
    how it is possible

Microsoft offers license of winmobile and unknown Chinese and Japanese company or etc were interested in
    But bb?
    Maybe because of some reason

The price
    The support
    Myabe The agreement was a joke ,sell License but never continue develop :/
    Or etc

Posted via CB11
    Because it would not bring a return on investment for any licencee. Very, very few people need BB10. Apple and secure-Android are plenty secure on EMM.
    05-29-17 04:25 PM
    Life isn't about guarantees. It's about making reasonable judgements based on experience and common sense.

There is far greater risk from a former spouse or business partner making life miserable, or a financial advisor making away with large sums of money. But we still get married, start businesses, and make investments.

As I said, I'm comfortable with letting a black box at Google have my information. I'm not realistically concerned about a military junta taking over in the States, or an abandonment of privacy oversight in the future.
    Friends, business partners and spouses can be counted on the fingers of one or two hands. When your data is out there in the hands of companies and hackers that want to monetize it, the chances of something bad happening as a result increase a million times.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-29-17 06:19 PM
    Friends, business partners and spouses can be counted on the fingers of one or two hands. When your data is out there in the hands of companies and hackers that want to monetize it, the chances of something bad happening as a result increase a million times.

Posted via CB10
    Yet orders of magnitude more people have been damaged in the ways I described more than by a data breach from Google.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-29-17 06:22 PM
    Yet orders of magnitude more people have been damaged in the ways I described more than by a data breach from Google.
    You have no way of knowing how Google shared their data with authorities, etc. And how they were affected by that.
    It's not just Google, it's all the unnecessary data and security questions we are forced to share with banks, providers, etc.

For example, Bell Canada sent me an email a week ago that there was a data breach and that hackers got my email address but nothing else.
    Since then I get lots of spam email from Banana Republic, the Gap, Victoria's Secret, Michaels, etc. It's not a major breach, but it is a nuisance getting spam emails every day.

When the Russian Ministry of Interior, British and Canadian hospitals, Renault, Deutche Bahn, the NSA, the US government, Yahoo, and many other serious companies and organizations got hacked, it's naive to ignore the exponential increase in exposure surface.
    I used to work with people who did not want to publish or patent an idea because that's how others find out how they did things.
    The less you disclose, the more secure you are.
    Just watch this week's episode of Click on BBC World News on cyber security.

They clearly recommend not to use any cloud if you want to keep your data secure....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sorinv; 05-30-17 at 04:09 AM.
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-29-17 08:43 PM
    I am not a supporter of Apple, so I don't have to have any excuses for them. For now, neither Apple nor BlackBerry have data mining for advertising as their main business focus and revenue, like Google has.
    They sell their products for a price.
    Google sells their products in exchage for the user's private data whose value is unknown to the user. The user never knows the price of the products he/she gets from Google "for free."
    That price is not fixed, it evolves over time as society, governments and company values change. It's the most stupid and ignorant decision a user can make.

Posted via CB10
    We are not the only ones thinking about this. That Tom Hanks movie The Circle is about Google and what they do with our data. It is meant as a cautionary tale. Don't know if it's a good movie but the point is the one we are talking about.

Maybe we feel OK about what Google is doing with our data now. What about in 20 or 50 years? Will Washington DC ever stand. Up to Google?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 12:51 AM

Just to be clarify, you mean Tcl only can make Droid bb, but not bb10 due to limited license term from bb?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 05:52 AM
    Just to be clarify, you mean Tcl only can make Droid bb, but not bb10 due to limited license term from bb?

Posted via CB10
    TCL and the other two licencees chose to licence BlackBerry Android only.
    05-30-17 05:54 AM
    TCL and the other two licencees chose to licence BlackBerry Android only.
    That is brilliant, bb10 is saved. One way or the other.
    05-30-17 05:59 AM
    Android was considered for the SDK when planning for BBX started. The VP that suggested this left the company soon after Chen came on board. I think, coincidentally, around the time Amazon's app store was added to 10.3.

It would have been interesting how history may have changed, if Chen would have taken his advice instead of licensing Google Play Services.

This may have just delayed the inevitable, but we may have benefited From a Marshmallow compatible run time with the Flow UX on top of BB10/QNX.
    05-30-17 10:45 AM
    If 10.3.4 ever comes to be it would be great if the Android run time becomes an optional download from BlackBerry World.
    05-30-17 10:51 AM
    The field would be very crowded. Including this one... Google not just get into pixel, (which I do not think much of it with the Droid baggage) , but this is different kettle of fish. Android co-founder reveals new smartphone to take on Apple and Samsung
    http://a.mynews.ly/!DcD.F41AQ

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 11:38 AM
    If 10.3.4 ever comes to be it would be great if the Android run time becomes an optional download from BlackBerry World.
    In 10.3.2.2879
    Android runtime was available in appworld

Posted via CB11
    05-30-17 11:39 AM
314 ... 23456 ...