I like to see one, not just for the office indoors, for some of us that has a office outdoors. I like to see one that carries all LTE, CDMA, GSM and iDen frequencies in the Americas even with OTA to install more LTE bands when they open up. Like to see one rugged as hell. Like to be able to use it while it's raining. If it drops in a mud puddle or even a pool, I can still talk, text and email with no issues. Like to see 2, maybe 3 nano Sim card slots which I could use for a GSM, CDMA and an iDen provider at the same time. Have a feature in the phone that allows you to choose between iDen Ptt, Sprints Direct Connect, AT&T and Verizon PTT services (even Prip and Mototalk apps) with the PTT button. Something that could be run over and I can pick it up and make a call. Dust, what the hell is that? Updated Android Runtime or full access of the Amazon runtime. I think the biggest demise for BB10 was vision, a vision for a great durable, dependable and yes, secured phone. The focus on apps was to much, I think if the phone spoke volumes, apps would more easily come on board. I'm not fond of third party apps, especially when they do not deliver the full features of the original and seem to **** off some that maybe new to BB10. Hell, I maybe wrong, however a different mind set would have set the BB10 devices apart from everyone else, not just in the OS but specs and going above and beyond anything out there today. So John Chen, if you are reading this, what do you have to offer? A remake of the Z30, Classic or Passport would have to be in the cards.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 12:14 AM
    It's nice to dream....but I'm going to go out on a limb and say...it's not gunna happen
    jmr1015 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-27-17 12:28 AM
    ...iDEN? Is that still around?
    02-27-17 12:29 AM
    I think once BlackBerry realizes it's mistake with going Crapdroid, BB10 will make a triumphant return. It's foolish to ignore such a powerful OS that they built from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 12:37 AM
    I was quite satisfied with my Z30 much due to Cobalt this Facebook WA and very few other App forced me to get a Android which is nothing compared to BB10.
    But i can not blame anyone except BB who sent enough negative signals to App Developers by not releasing/updating API and SDK.
    02-27-17 12:51 AM
    I was quite satisfied with my Z30 much due to Cobalt this Facebook WA and very few other App forced me to get a Android which is nothing compared to BB10.
    But i can not blame anyone except BB who sent enough negative signals to App Developers by not releasing/updating API and SDK.
    The whole mobile phone system is very much dependent on Apps and here the iOS and Android are clear winner.
    02-27-17 12:54 AM
    SouthernLinc in the Southeast, and I think maybe one more small carrier in South Cali and Arizona in the US. I think you have some small private users as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 06:36 PM
    I think once BlackBerry realizes it's mistake with going Crapdroid, BB10 will make a triumphant return. It's foolish to ignore such a powerful OS that they built from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    Why is it foolish when everyone one else ignored it, too.

Foolishness is to continue doing something no one else cares about.

Joel
    ck2nb, BigBadWulf, Witmen and 1 others like this.
    02-27-17 06:42 PM
    What I think is/was foolish is that BlackBerry ended their last in-house designed phone was throwing Android on it. Yeah I understand there is no value in BB10 but forget all that. It's your last in-house designed phone. Put your signature on it and hold your heads up high. Shame on BB.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 07:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Would be SO awesome!

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.2.2474)
    02-27-17 07:58 PM
    It would require a change in the CEO and someone with a lot of confidence in his device chops. Or it would require a startup company that wanted to release something strictly for governments/military/finance -- like Blackphone or something. I sort of surprised there is no market for this.
    02-27-17 09:30 PM
    I sort of surprised there is no market for this.
    There is a market... it's just that the market is tiny, and won't pay what it takes to develop and manufacture phones with that enhanced security at such small volumes. BB and BlackPhone both assumed that the market of people willing to pay a big premium for security was much larger than it turned out to be - because both iOS and Android are improving quickly and because MDM software almost completely closes the gap anyway. The few people who feel they need even more security just aren't a large enough market to be profitable.

So, if you want to be in that market, you essentially have to accept that you'll end up being a charity - losing money to supply a product that you can't even break even on.
    BigBadWulf, Ronindan and Witmen like this.
    02-27-17 10:45 PM
    There is a market... it's just that the market is tiny, and won't pay what it takes to develop and manufacture phones with that enhanced security at such small volumes. BB and BlackPhone both assumed that the market of people willing to pay a big premium for security was much larger than it turned out to be - because both iOS and Android are improving quickly and because MDM software almost completely closes the gap anyway. The few people who feel they need even more security just aren't a large enough market to be profitable.

So, if you want to be in that market, you essentially have to accept that you'll end up being a charity - losing money to supply a product that you can't even break even on.
    Yeah, yeah, world governments have few officials and spend very little on equipment. Small market.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 12:22 PM
    Yeah, yeah, world governments have few officials and spend very little on equipment. Small market.

Posted via CB10
    They don't need a new OS when MDM software locks down devices that are already available.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    BigBadWulf and jmr1015 like this.
    02-28-17 12:31 PM
    I still regret that RIM/BB has never made "rugged" or at least IP certified devices.
    Too late now.
    02-28-17 04:45 PM
    "Like to see one more BB10 device."

Me too! I'd like to see plenty more! Especially the BlackBerry Passport 2 and Z50 with their Snapdragon 835 SoC and beastly specs! Of course, we should all know by now where I'm going here, but hey! Would be nice!
    02-28-17 08:06 PM
    Or it would require a startup company that wanted to release something strictly for governments/military/finance -- like Blackphone or something. I sort of surprised there is no market for this.

Posted via CB10
    So how do you reconcile these two statements?

I believe that existing EMM solutions can lock down iOS and hardened-Android well enough for even 99% of this group. Hence why there was little interest in BB10.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-28-17 08:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    And they are all now using Apple and Samsung phones.

Joel
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-01-17 11:33 AM
    And they are all now using Apple and Samsung phones.

Joel
    And they will for eternity, right? By the way, there are still BBOS and BB10 holdouts. I'll bet there are 100 times as many holdouts as there will be KEYOne buyers.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-01-17 03:04 PM
    And they will for eternity, right? By the way, there are still BBOS and BB10 holdouts. I'll bet there are 100 times as many holdouts as there will be KEYOne buyers.
    As noted already, they'll use whatever their EMM solutions will take. That's where the security is. Not the phone itself, anymore.

Joel
    03-01-17 04:29 PM
    As noted already, they'll use whatever their EMM solutions will take. That's where the security is. Not the phone itself, anymore.

Joel
    Then I guess the whole security angle is sort of cooked? Is that what you are saying? Does everyone really use an EMM like Good? What about intrusion through apps and the like?
    03-01-17 08:53 PM
    You won't get any sympathy on here for BB10 love. Be very, very careful what you say and who you disagree with.
    03-01-17 09:42 PM
    You won't get any sympathy on here for BB10 love. Be very, very careful what you say and who you disagree with.
    It's like a revolutionary movement took over. We don't talk about certain things anymore! Six months in a Google re-education camp!

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-01-17 09:48 PM
    I'll gladly take that bet! Johnny...

Tell me what I'm gonna win?
    03-01-17 11:09 PM
    I would love to see more BB 10 devices. I can not be convinced that sharing everything on my phone with Google is privacy.
    03-01-17 11:33 PM
314 123 ...