Life beyond BB10 is a reality for many of us already. It's called Android. And we love it.
    Tabdus likes this.
    02-20-16 07:16 AM
    Life beyond BB10 is a reality for many of us already. It's called Android. And we love it.
    Some of us don't like being snooped on. Love Android...uh, no.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    02-20-16 10:32 AM
    That's talking

Who was borne rounded can't die squared!

Our BB10 devices will continue to work as designed.

You just can't fit a square peg into a round hole.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 11:16 AM
    Keep talking

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 11:17 AM
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-20-16 01:51 PM
    Many of the reasons I love QNX are the same reasons why I cannot use Andriod as a daily driver. To each their own but Andriod is inferior in a great many ways.
    02-20-16 06:02 PM
    Many of the reasons I love QNX are the same reasons why I cannot use Andriod as a daily driver. To each their own but Andriod is inferior in a great many ways.
    Such as?
    02-20-16 06:10 PM
    Such as?
    Bb10 is very stable. IOS and Android...not so much. But much of the instability of IOS and Android is the requirement for many 3rd party apps rather than using what is baked onto the OS.

Now I for one am starting to feel the pain of bb10 not being upgraded. For instance, I need a 3rd party app for wemb. I have a server streaming opus, but the bb10 media player can't handle it
    I need to run VLC. Thankfully the Android Player will run it. Bb10 does play downloaded opus, but not streaming.

Find me an OS that handles email and notices as well as the bb10 hub.

I'm hoping bb10 will stick around at least for government users, and maybe we can just buy those phones, hopefully with cameras. (There are companies that specialize in removing sensors from consumer phones. President Obama has a very altered ipad.)

I've actually been removing apps as the websites get better. The BBC for example. The only critical Android app I have is for my satellite messenger, and whatever rev of Android bb10 provides is fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 07:54 PM
    Security updates are the best updates, I mean what new features are you looking for, anyway BlackBerry has never made more than 5 devices a year, blackberry still has comments to bb10, this is being said in ever interview, at all device releases, crackberry as good as it is, isn't the best place for BlackBerry news, you want to know more go to inside blackberry. The official blog of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 10:16 PM
    Security updates are the best updates, I mean what new features are you looking for, anyway BlackBerry has never made more than 5 devices a year, blackberry still has comments to bb10, this is being said in ever interview, at all device releases, crackberry as good as it is, isn't the best place for BlackBerry news, you want to know more go to inside blackberry. The official blog of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    The bb10 browser is falling behind. No ad block for instance. (I have browsie browser for websites that are over the top with ads). As I mentioned, it doesn't handle webm/vp8 as well as opus streaming. Opus will eventually be the standard (I think) for browser based VOIP/webRTC.

Now bb10 will never have a million apps. Fine with me. But it really does need to have the best browser on the planet since it lacks apps.

Here is my spin on apps. Many Internet companies don't want to produce them. There is the constant upgrading. Then you have to deal with the people that haven't upgraded. Then you need to have multiple apps for each OS and often revisions of the OS. If your phone is subject to strong MDM, you may not be able to upload apps. Facebook, Twitter, banks, news organizations, etc. don't get paid for their apps, so it is money sink for them, well unless you feed commercials on the app.

So I really don't think the app gap is the problem, or will be less of a problem in the future, but the bb10 browser is a problem.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-21-16 12:48 AM
    I don't really care what anyone else says, the 2 year contract on my Z30 is up come June 3rd. From then on I'm going SIM only and will continue to run this baby until if fails to operate.

Quite frankly, I can't find another device or OS that suits me and what I've currently got serves me well.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    02-21-16 09:05 AM
    As a follow up to my bb10 browser getting stale, a job offer posted at Apple bubbled up on Hacker News that is relevant. I chopped it up a bit to keep it relevant to new browser tech, but I provided the link. I had to look up webVTT, which basically is a means to add texting to video.

https://jobs.apple.com/search?job=43...JobId=43451266

WebKit Media Engineer - WebRTC

Job Number: 43451266Santa Clara Valley, California, United StatesPosted: Oct. 19, 2015Weekly Hours: 40.00
    Job Summary

The WebKit team seeks a software engineer excited to work on cutting edge technology for the world's most popular web engine. Weʼre looking for engineers with exceptional problem solving skills, a passion for quality, and the desire to push the web forward. You will be responsible for bringing the latest media technologies to the web, with a focus on WebRTC and Media Streams.

Key Qualifications

* Experience with WebRTC, Media Streams, and Media Capture specifications
    * Familiarity with web technologies, including HTML5 video and Web Audio

* Detailed knowledge of web standards: WebRTC, WebVTT, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, DOM * Familiarity with HLS and MPEG-4*

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 09:15 AM
    Bb10 is very stable. IOS and Android...not so much. But much of the instability of IOS and Android is the requirement for many 3rd party apps rather than using what is baked onto the OS.

Now I for one am starting to feel the pain of bb10 not being upgraded. For instance, I need a 3rd party app for wemb. I have a server streaming opus, but the bb10 media player can't handle it
    I need to run VLC. Thankfully the Android Player will run it. Bb10 does play downloaded opus, but not streaming.

I'm hoping bb10 will stick around at least for government users, and maybe we can just buy those phones, hopefully with cameras. (There are companies that specialize in removing sensors from consumer phones. President Obama has a very altered ipad.)

I've actually been removing apps as the websites get better. The BBC for example. The only critical Android app I have is for my satellite messenger, and whatever rev of Android bb10 provides is fine.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on Android not being stable, but IOS is pretty rock solid. Apple rolls out bug fixes pretty quickly. Not having to wait on phone carriers is a big plus too.

When my employer finally ends the no-camera policy this summer, the only reasons I'm not going Apple is because of PKB and I'm brand loyal to blackberry. I hope the Vienna is out by then.
    02-21-16 10:03 AM
    I'm with you on Android not being stable, but IOS is pretty rock solid. Apple rolls out bug fixes pretty quickly. Not having to wait on phone carriers is a big plus too.

When my employer finally ends the no-camera policy this summer, the only reasons I'm not going Apple is because of PKB and I'm brand loyal to blackberry. I hope the Vienna is out by then.
    I view stability as the phone not crashing, but if you view stability as updates, take a look at CVE. Mind you, this doesn't count bugs, but exploits.

http://www.cvedetails.com/product/15...l?vendor_id=49

http://www.cvedetails.com/product/19...vendor_id=1224

http://www.cvedetails.com/product/25...vendor_id=8356

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 01:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am doing the same, i.e. removing Android apps in favor of the mobile websites. I can use reader mode on the likes of BBC.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    02-21-16 02:02 PM
    I use FB website instead of the bb10 app. The app makes a mess of the posts.
    02-21-16 02:54 PM
    Such as?
    Anything having to do with texting, emailing, or general productivity. I'd ditch my z30 and blackberry in a second if there were something superior on the market. I have a $130 mint condition nexus 5 for apps. The two phone solution gives me privacy, security, and productivity where I need it and gives me a cheap cutting edge android 6 app experience without any worry of my sensitive information being stolen.
    02-22-16 11:33 AM
    I see what your saying, but every native browser is ****, ubuntu native, garbage, android, more garage, I use zuse but I also Vpn everywhere so adds get blocked anyway.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 12:20 AM
43 12