On my Q10 and Classic
    No reason for that to happen.
    11-27-19 12:52 PM
    Beginning of the End
    E-mail stopped working
    On my Q10 and Classic
    No reason for that to happen.
    Right. Still works on my Z10.

Perhaps if you let us know what email service you're using, we could figure out how to get it working again.
    11-27-19 01:47 PM

Perhaps if you let us know what email service you're using, we could figure out how to get it working again.
    But this was just so the excuse. Ow exists for Black Friday shopping for a new phone.
    11-27-19 03:33 PM
    It's a rough life living in the shadow of BB10, but fear not, there is a bright side.
    If there is anything that bugs me about Android is that there are so many updates that sometimes it would Reset the app settings or change a feature in the app for which we purchased said app. On BB10 you don't have to worry about those pesky updates and disruptions. Everything should remain familiar until maybe one day this wonderful ride loses a Wheel and goes off road lol.
    11-27-19 09:02 PM

Update: Hotmail working again
    12-01-19 07:36 AM
    But this was just so the excuse. Ow exists for Black Friday shopping for a new phone.
    Already jumped ship to TCL
    The Pocketable Palm Phone
    (broke the seal into Android)
    12-01-19 07:40 AM
    I don't think we can settle the question of how many active users of BB10/BBOS still remain. I also think that the issue of primary devices vs. secondary devices is a red herring. It really doesn't matter whether a device is a "primary" or an "auxiliary" If it's needed.

I know at least a dozen people in my network of several thousand still using BBOS as a work-issued device. 100% of them double carry, but that doesn't mean they don't still need their BlackBerries.

Everyone is using different anecdotes to create a numerical model. If I used my data, I'd estimate that 1 in 600 users still use BBOS, and that 1 in 1500 use BB10. But that would translate to more than 4.5 million BBOS users and 1.8 million BB10 users. I that those numbers are very probably, but not conclusively, high.

I am 90% confident that the number of active BBOS users is between 400,000 and 8 million, and that the number of active BB10 users is between 50,000 and 2.5 million.

Beyond those estimates, I wouldn't hazard a guess.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Great analysis as well as your other post using Google Trends to measure interest. This is what BBLtd said in regard to BBOS and BB10 users:

"... brand loyalty that there are still millions of people actively using BB10 and BBOS devices—some of which are more than 10 years old."

It doesn't specify devices or a couple hundred thousand BB10 users, it's says millions of users and until BBLtd make a statement to the contrary or clarify this number further, its millions not thousands of users, and to say otherwise is disingenuous (and I'm not referring to you bb10adopter).

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 10:30 AM
    Great analysis as well as your other post using Google Trends to measure interest. This is what BBLtd said in regard to BBOS and BB10 users:

"... brand loyalty that there are still millions of people actively using BB10 and BBOS devices—some of which are more than 10 years old."

It doesn't specify devices or a couple hundred thousand BB10 users, it's says millions of users and until BBLtd make a statement to the contrary or clarify this number further, its millions not thousands of users, and to say otherwise is disingenuous (and I'm not referring to you bb10adopter).

Posted via CB10
    Define user.

I have 9 active BB10/BBOS devices using 5 unique BBIDs, but none as a primary device. How many users am I?

I say 0, but BlackBerry would probably report 9 - or at the very least 5.

Being two years later, I don't think I'm speaking out of turn by revealing that there were under 500,000 BB10 WhatsApp users in 2017. Since 63% of all smartphone users are WhatsApp users, that makes for about 800,000 BB10 users (two years ago). Feel free to rationalise that BB10 users were less likely to use WhatsApp (although you wouldn't think that if you paid attention to the forums here at the time), but the order of magnitude is the same.

That 800k users 2 years ago falls dramatically in the interim in the absence of new devices, device renewals, and service closures.
    Last edited by conite; 12-01-19 at 11:28 AM.
    12-01-19 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Similar to conite’s response, I’ve got 8 BB10 devices with 8 BB10 User ID all separate and unique. I’m a zero user as well. Their statements of fact are simply word semantics of corporate sales puffery mixed into corporatespeak
    12-01-19 11:20 AM
    Similar to conite’s response, I’ve got 8 BB10 devices with 8 BB10 User ID all separate and unique. I’m a zero user as well. Their statements of fact are simply word semantics of corporate sales puffery mixed into corporatespeak
    I'm pretty sure they said "active users" so, assuming they weren't lying outright it depends on the definition of "active." The two most likely definitions are a) active in the past 12 months or 2) active in the past 30 days. It could be another metric, of course, but those are the most common industry definitions of "active user.". Another would be accounts with active, paid SIMs.

Phones sitting in drawers would not count.

My family owns nine BB10/BBOS devices. Three have active, paid carrier accounts. Four have been active in the past year. There are three humans using phones. So, possible counts of active users are 3 or 4.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-01-19 11:42 AM
    Chuck, you know I Iike you, what part of the announcement are you confused about in regard to people and devices, one is mechanical/electrical the other is organic. I don't care what the concrete man says here - he's full of it, on the one hand we're supposed to accept EOL as reliable but the number of users is not, in most people's books that's cherry picking and many, many people have pointed this out to you and others. The number announced by BBLtd fits in with the rest of the announcement, if the number of users were in the thousands BBLtd would likely have shut down back end services and infrastructure, and if and when they reach that point they probably will. There are too many users, in the millions, still using BB devices, BBLtd will not shut down services to that many people - it's as simple as that - it optics look bad. This high number of users is what keeps BB still looking at this market or hesitant to shut it down.
    12-01-19 12:37 PM
    if the number of users were in the thousands BBLtd would likely have shut down back end services and infrastructure, and if and when they reach that point they probably will. There are too many users, in the millions, still using BB devices, BBLtd will not shut down services to that many people - it's as simple as that - it optics look bad. This high number of users is what keeps BB still looking at this market or hesitant to shut it down.
    The infrastructure they state will continue being supported is not necessarily exclusive to BB10/BBOS devices.

Things like BBID are used elsewhere. Although as we've seen repeatedly, can fail on BB10 independently.

Things that ARE exclusive have pretty much been shut down and/or EOL'ed already - travel, cloud services, social media, BlackBerry Guardian, Voice Assistant, Link, Blend, etc.
    Last edited by conite; 12-01-19 at 01:34 PM.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-01-19 01:19 PM
    Chuck, you know I Iike you, what part of the announcement are you confused about in regard to people and devices, one is mechanical/electrical the other is organic. I don't care what the concrete man says here - he's full of it, on the one hand we're supposed to accept EOL as reliable but the number of users is not, in most people's books that's cherry picking and many, many people have pointed this out to you and others. The number announced by BBLtd fits in with the rest of the announcement, if the number of users were in the thousands BBLtd would likely have shut down back end services and infrastructure, and if and when they reach that point they probably will. There are too many users, in the millions, still using BB devices, BBLtd will not shut down services to that many people - it's as simple as that - it optics look bad. This high number of users is what keeps BB still looking at this market or hesitant to shut it down.
    What high number is all I’m disputing? Millions is 2 million+ plus users however you define them. BBOS and BB10 are both included within their statement. Break the number down or make it two million each and it doesn’t change that BB10 generates ZERO income while BBOS does generate some income although shrinking. I’d also speculate there’s as many or more BBOS devices used and paid for by corporations as part of some outdated disaster recovery plan to save on implementing an impossible updated disaster plan because of BYOD in the regulated sectors.

BB has no reasons to care about the optics because nobody is looking in that direction anyway. The share price is at 17-18 year lows and long ago fell out from mobile phone mindshare of the analysts since BB exited that business. Maintaining anything related to mobile actually hurts the company since it makes it appear that BlackBerry isn’t successfully managing it’s new acquisitions so that it’s desperate for the pennies from BIS three years after it said the pennies weren’t enough. We all know BBOS isn’t developed anymore so it’s just common sense. Plus, there’s no denying that BB10 was a complete failure since again it never generated positive returns from any type of recurring income.
    12-01-19 01:23 PM
63 123