Alternatives? Use BBM!

It is so well made that if everyone knew it would serve as social networking, chat, voice and video calling...

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 02:22 PM
    It is possible to use the phone number on a BlackBerry phone (BB10)? On my classic my bbm account is related to my BlackBerry account (mail) . Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 09:47 AM
    Just recall ur life before whatsapp

It would be in the same way or better

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 12:00 PM
    Alternatives? Use BBM!

It is so well made that if everyone knew it would serve as social networking, chat, voice and video calling...

Posted via CB10
    Would do so, were video chat cross-platform...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 12:22 PM
    It is possible to use the phone number on a BlackBerry phone (BB10)? On my classic my bbm account is related to my BlackBerry account (mail) . Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately it is not available yet or will never be.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-14-16 12:32 PM
    Alternatives? Use BBM!

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately BBM is not good enough yet as it's group features are not standardised yet.

I have a network of business owners from various industries that communicate and collaborate on a regular basis for mutual benefits. We have about 60 of us and I'm trying to get them on board BBM group chat as compared to WhatsApp group chat.

The adoption is slow and meeting resistance. The reasons are:

1. The features are good on the one to one chat but they are not available on group chat

2. They don't know what BBM is

3. They cannot accept the fact that and do not believe that BBM is now available in android and iOS even after I showed it to them.

10-14-16 12:38 PM
    Nobody has suggested kik? I will stick to using:

* kik
    * SMS
    * BBM

WhatsApp isn't everything. Besides, I'm sure one day Nem will churn out a buggy native Whats10 that has been revered engineered.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    10-15-16 05:23 AM
    well we BlackBerry folk could just say to everyone "use BBM or don't bother me". It's not that difficult to install. This could give BBM better exposure. It's a good messenger.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 06:29 AM
    I agree that "WhatsApp isn't everything" and also that BBM is a great messenger. The problem is that approx. 1/8 of the people on planet Earth use Whatsapp! Sure, you can try to convince all your contacts to install BBM but I've found selling this idea to be a bit difficult.
    Also, look at the difference between these two scenarios:
    I meet someone and at some point exchange info.
    "I'll send you a Whatsapp."
    There's a very good chance they have it installed.

Or
    "I'll send you a BBM."
    "What?"
    "It's a great messenger and you can install it on your Android/iOS for free."
    "Ummm ya. I'll get right on that!"
    10-15-16 07:20 AM
    I agree that "WhatsApp isn't everything" and also that BBM is a great messenger. The problem is that approx. 1/8 of the people on planet Earth use Whatsapp! Sure, you can try to convince all your contacts to install BBM but I've found selling this idea to be a bit difficult.

Or
    "I'll send you a BBM."
    "What?"
    Or they will say I don't use a BlackBerry.

Alternatively they just ignore you.

10-15-16 10:33 AM
    I was able to convince my contacts to use bbm and they were happy and surprised about all the functions available under bbm
    My experience, as well

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-15-16 11:49 AM

Or
    "I'll send you a BBM."
    "What?"
    Or you can tell them you're sending them a text message (SMS). Nothing wrong with that, I'm a youngster (almost 25 y/o) and I'm not using WA (nor do I use FB)... I don't see why I would want to sell my soul to that privacy violating company when good ol' text messaging works just fine and is just as universal as WA. (I do use BBM and Twitter DM's though for people I don't text message with)

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 10-15-16 at 05:00 PM.
    10-15-16 01:51 PM
    Or you can tell them you're sending them an text message (SMS). Nothing wrong with that, I'm a youngster (almost 25 y/o) and I'm not using WA (nor do I use FB)... I don't see why I would want to sell my soul to that privacy violating company when good ol' text messaging works just fine and is just as universal as WA. (I do use BBM and Twitter DM's though for people I don't text message with)

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    Except I wonder that one day in the future since these companies can not make any money off of text (SMS) that it will be discontinued,eliminated?

Synonyms: annihilate, blot out, bump off, cancel, cast out, count out, cut out, defeat, discard, discharge, dismiss, dispense with, dispose of, disqualify, disregard, do away with, drive out, drop, eject, eradicate, erase, evict, exclude, expel, exterminate, get rid of, ignore, invalidate, kill, knock out, leave out, liquidate, murder, omit, oust, phase out, put out, reject, rub out, rule out, set aside, shut the door on, slay, stamp out, take out, terminate, waive, waste, wipe out

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 04:01 PM
    Life after WhatsApp is great! Been there for more than over two and a half years now. People that matter, can reach my by Phone, Mail, Text, and of course by BBM!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 04:08 PM
    Except I wonder that one day in the future since these companies can not make any money off of text (SMS) that it will be discontinued,eliminated?

Synonyms: annihilate, blot out, bump off, cancel, cast out, count out, cut out, defeat, discard, discharge, dismiss, dispense with, dispose of, disqualify, disregard, do away with, drive out, drop, eject, eradicate, erase, evict, exclude, expel, exterminate, get rid of, ignore, invalidate, kill, knock out, leave out, liquidate, murder, omit, oust, phase out, put out, reject, rub out, rule out, set aside, shut the door on, slay, stamp out, take out, terminate, waive, waste, wipe out

Posted via CB10
    But that future is waaay more distant.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    10-15-16 04:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wud u b wanting the same thing, had WA not announced end of support for bb10 ?
    If the answer is 'no', think of the large android/ iOS crowds that wud protest in d same way the bb10 crowd is protesting now.
    If that were to happen, I guess, it wud happen coz of WA becoming irrelevant, due to some new technology, the way yahoo messenger has become now.
    The question is will that new technology support bb10.
    Last edited by blackmass; 10-17-16 at 10:33 AM.
    10-17-16 10:18 AM
    BBM is available on all platforms at the moment and it does have more features than Telegram. I tried Telegram a few weeks ago and I think it's the old BBM as it looks and feel exactly the same just less features. It uses phone numbers to register which BBM has at the moment for non-BlackBerry phones.

BBM certainly looks interesting and because of the integration it would be my first choice. But the problems are:

1) cross platform compatibility (it's ridiculous to have this kind of problem today)

2) I would need to get people to use it. Close contacts would probably agree, but given #1 above I'm not sure about others

Someone also mentioned KIK - is it not missing from BB10?
    11-17-16 04:18 AM
    BBM certainly looks interesting and because of the integration it would be my first choice. But the problems are:

1) cross platform compatibility (it's ridiculous to have this kind of problem today)

2) I would need to get people to use it. Close contacts would probably agree, but given #1 above I'm not sure about others

Someone also mentioned KIK - is it not missing from BB10?
    What I have done last week was to create a business owners networking group chat. Then I show my business friends about it.

The thing is that I created this group for business owners to chat and network with one another for business referral basis. This has attracted a few of my contacts and now it is 9 people in the group chat.

We already have 1 successful sale so far.

Perhaps you may be able to create a group chat for a topic that you are passionately concerned with about then invite people in to the chat.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-19-16 12:12 PM
43 12