Hi there -- I'm wondering how everyone sees life after WhatsApp is going to remove its app from our BB10 phones. Specifically, I really enjoyed it because of the hub integration, responsiveness, ease of sharing, native implementation and so on. It was just a pleasure to use.

Is there any app that you would recommend or see replacing WhatsApp which would also be well integrated with BB10, notifications, its hub, etc? Please don't say BBM... It's great but I won't be able to convince any of my contacts to use it.
    10-05-16 01:13 PM
    Telegram, maybe?
    If messaging apps are a necessity for you, no choice but to move on to an Android or iOS device.

*ME173X
    WT44 likes this.
    10-05-16 01:35 PM
    none that your friends would use. Just switch to Android WA and ride it as long as it lasts.
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk likes this.
    10-05-16 01:45 PM
    I couldn't care less.

I use whatsapp, but an app isn't going to make me leave the best phone software still going. Updates or not, I'm sticking with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt, luigieagle and velkod like this.
    10-05-16 08:35 PM
    Hi there -- I'm wondering how everyone sees life after WhatsApp is going to remove its app from our BB10 phones. Specifically, I really enjoyed it because of the hub integration, responsiveness, ease of sharing, native implementation and so on. It was just a pleasure to use.

Is there any app that you would recommend or see replacing WhatsApp which would also be well integrated with BB10, notifications, its hub, etc? Please don't say BBM... It's great but I won't be able to convince any of my contacts to use it.
    Some one told me about Chiffry (in Blackberry World but is multi-platform) and also Kontalk (android app). Never tried them though.
    10-05-16 08:39 PM
    Telegram, maybe?
    If messaging apps are a necessity for you, no choice but to move on to an Android or iOS device.

*ME173X
    Thanks for the tip - there seems to be a telegram client called "pintagram" or something like that, maybe that deserves a look.

I'm not abandoning BB10, it has few of the annoyances of Android, and has so much of the functionality that Android is missing. So, yeah, I guess BB10 still trumps the lack of messaging for me. But boy, are they making our life hard.
    10-06-16 07:08 AM
    I don't really use whatsapp, but I installed it on my Classic from the Playstore and it works fine
    10-06-16 11:57 AM
    I've installed Telegram and it's just like BBM or rather the old version of BBM with less features. However it allows you to use your phone number to register unlike BBM on a BlackBerry phone.

I guess most or at least 90% of your friends would not switch to another app if they are on WhatsApp. There is and no one will ever give you any reason for not switching. They just love WhatsApp for whatever reason.

I hate using WhatsApp so I'm hardly replying WhatsApp unless it is absolutely necessary to reply that message. I have blocked all media download on WhatsApp unfortunately I'm not able to block voice messages as WhatsApp doesn't allow it.

So looks like you have to have an android phone or an iPhone soon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-16 02:04 PM
    I guess you can load whatsapp from Snap or Google play. Whether it will work I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 02:12 PM
    I don't really use whatsapp, but I installed it on my Classic from the Playstore and it works fine
    It will work until the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 01:46 AM
    Force your friends to use BBM. That's the best choice!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 02:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thats wrong!

There are some other threads with this topic:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...18/index4.html
    10-07-16 03:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    but it's from Google Play, not BlackBerry World.
    just like I have Instagram working on my Classic and that's not specifically developed to work with BlackBerry at all

10-07-16 09:05 AM
    Imo works pretty decent on bb10, hub notifications too and no need for google play services.

10-07-16 10:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Please read more carefully -- it was the Android APK (unsupported but works today), not the native BB10 app (won't work Jan 1, 2017).
    10-07-16 12:53 PM
    Just to let you know what sugarboy thinks of you:
    Http://gawker.com/5636765/facebook-c...ers-dumb-****s
    May that gets you over the fact that you may don't want to continue using WA after all

Posted either via -Classic SQC100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-07-16 01:02 PM
    Tough to get my friends to get BBM just for me. An extra app that sits on their phone waiting for a random message. I use messaging for short exchanges mostly and not long text conversations.
    10-10-16 12:28 PM
    I was able to convince my contacts to use bbm and they were happy and surprised about all the functions available under bbm

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 12:59 PM
    Tough to get my friends to get BBM just for me. An extra app that sits on their phone waiting for a random message. I use messaging for short exchanges mostly and not long text conversations.
    I don't think BBM is ready or good enough to try to convince people to use it at the moment. WhatsApp is crappy but it's consistent.

The good thing about BBM is it now allows us to use phone number to register that is what people want. I myself have registered a new BBM using my phone number to allow my friends to find me should they install BBM in the future.

I think BBM needs to get all their 121 chat features into groups, allow groups to share documents and also to have cross platform video calls with BlackBerry 10 devices before it is competitive to other existing IM apps out there. This should be the bare minimum for BBM to win over people.

10-10-16 01:36 PM
    I don't think BBM is ready or good enough to try to convince people to use it at the moment. WhatsApp is crappy but it's consistent.

That's the winning description for any marketing department, "consistently crappy".

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    10-11-16 04:03 AM
    Uhm....BBM?

Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 05:13 AM
    Thanks for the tip - there seems to be a telegram client called "pintagram" or something like that, maybe that deserves a look.

I'm not abandoning BB10, it has few of the annoyances of Android, and has so much of the functionality that Android is missing. So, yeah, I guess BB10 still trumps the lack of messaging for me. But boy, are they making our life hard.
    Thanks for the tip although I did install to try it for fun but for some reason I am not able to get passed the country and phone number screen. I don't think it likes my country OT phone number lol

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 05:26 AM
    So looks like you have to have an android phone or an iPhone soon.
    Sorry, ain't gonna happen :-) I'm staying on BB10. No other mobile OS I've seen can replace the fluidity, handling of email, flow etc - BB10 is just well designed, like the old Nokias.

But that's OT. Coming back to the point: if I use an app others potentially could use, they have a way of getting in touch. BBM just doesn't land above the threshold, while it looks like Telegram just might.

By the way, using a hacked app in the Android runtime sounds painful. Only if I have to.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-11-16 02:16 PM
    Sorry, ain't gonna happen :-) I'm staying on BB10. No other mobile OS I've seen can replace the fluidity, handling of email, flow etc - BB10 is just well designed, like the old Nokias.
    Same here. I'm staying with BB10 until my Passport dies and when it does, I'm switching back to my lovely non-smartphone (which is currently only my backup phone) that I have since 2007: Motorola Razr Maxx V6 SE.

So I'm not forced to start using Android or iOS either.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    10-11-16 11:59 PM

But that's OT. Coming back to the point: if I use an app others potentially could use, they have a way of getting in touch. BBM just doesn't land above the threshold, while it looks like Telegram just might.

By the way, using a hacked app in the Android runtime sounds painful. Only if I have to.
    BBM is available on all platforms at the moment and it does have more features than Telegram. I tried Telegram a few weeks ago and I think it's the old BBM as it looks and feel exactly the same just less features. It uses phone numbers to register which BBM has at the moment for non-BlackBerry phones.

10-12-16 12:29 PM
43 12