I'm starting to wonder if the BlackBerry 10 launch and weak advertisement was just smoke and mirrors with a hidden agenda planned all along.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    09-05-13 09:18 AM
    I'm starting to wonder if the BlackBerry 10 launch and weak advertisement was just smoke and mirrors with a hidden agenda planned all along.

Then: why do we see the progress on the leaks, on BES, in new devices?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:27 AM
    Its a question on many peoples minds but I think you cant find one answer to fit the question. It will just depend on the buyer if that even ever happens
    Agreed. This is a double-edged sword for BlackBerry as much as for BlackBerry device users. The uncertainty and lack of a clear message from the company has created the equivalent of the ripple effect when a pebble splashes into a lake. I saw a crawling headline on a major news network saying BlackBerry hopes to find a buyer by November. What exactly does this mean? What are the implications of the circumstances which gave rise to the headline? BlackBerry management needs to step-up and make a public statement.
    09-05-13 09:40 AM
    I know I don't speak on behalf of every CrackBerry member, but with the looming threat of a sale of BlackBerry still in the cards, I wonder what that will mean for those of us invested in BlackBerry 10 devices. What kind of continued support, if any, would the new owners provide? Would OS10 continue to evolve, or would it be dropped as harshly as the PlayBook was? Would they retain the BlackBerry branding? Hopefully not some hyphenated insult like Sony-Ericsson wore for years. I have to admit, the whole thing stinks to high heaven and makes me emotional. I don't want an Android, Apple, or Windows phone. I want BlackBerry to stay in the game, and I want the same class that has accompanied their devices for over a decade. With so much money wasted on things everyday, from several billion dollar Osprey aircrafts that the president most likely will never use to misused campaign funds and NSA resources to spy on old lovers, you figure someone would be able to afford to throw them a life line. They have a gem in BlackBerry 10, it's just a matter of getting the right people and the right backing to put it out in plain sight.

I feel for u man, scary thought

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:49 AM
    I hope they don't die. But if they do, I hope they bring back the Squircle!

Via CB10 Rockin 10.2.0.1443 and proud member of "The Squircle of Trust" Group
    anon721037, SteelHelmet and moody like this.
    09-05-13 10:10 AM

Deddo

Q10/1443/ Squircle of Trust member ?
    SteelHelmet and moody like this.
    09-05-13 10:20 AM

BlackBerry 10 will survive, you'll see. And the Squircle will make its way back. Such a great platform and such a cool and differentiating feature can't be thrown to the trash can.
    Pdinos3 and moody like this.
    09-05-13 10:36 AM
    Then: why do we see the progress on the leaks, on BES, in new devices?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Support and development aren't going down. They are actually rising. I agree with this. What would be the point of making all those efforts to shut down in a couple of months??
    Pdinos3, anon721037 and moody like this.
    09-05-13 10:38 AM

I think BlackBerry was targeting just a few markets. In my country, the Philippines BlackBerry 10 devices are on all the three carriers, billboards and TV commercials are all over the place and they got high profile ambassadors. They have also been running trade in caravans for two to three months now.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-05-13 10:39 AM
    Yep. Support and development aren't going down. They are actually rising. I agree with this. What would be the point of making all those efforts to shut down in a couple of months??
    I think what is in trouble is just the handset division.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-05-13 10:41 AM
    BlackBerry 10 will survive, you'll see. And the Squircle will make its way back. Such a great platform and such a cool and differentiating feature can't be thrown to the trash can.

I totally agree with Mr SteelHelmet I can't see BlackBerry going anywhere. Even if they get sold to whoever this is a great device running a great OS, all that will happen is that they will improve on the goodness we already have

Q10/1443/ Squircle of Trust member ?
    Pdinos3 and moody like this.
    09-05-13 10:46 AM
    Jolla sailfish, good looking UI, smooth gesture based OS and access to Android apps via QQ. BlackBerry is my preferred device, but Sailfish is my back up plan.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    Take that, all of you BB10 haters that claim it's the worst OS out there. There is something much worse than BB10! Jolla Sailfish.......Talk about non-intuitive, confusing and a mess..........
    09-05-13 10:50 AM
    I hope you're right. It's amazing how much the fate of BlackBerry shakes up my entire world. Too addicted and dependent on them I guess.

09-05-13 02:08 PM
    I think BlackBerry was targeting just a few markets. In my country, the Philippines BlackBerry 10 devices are on all the three carriers, billboards and TV commercials are all over the place and they got high profile ambassadors. They have also been running trade in caravans for two to three months now.

Posted from my Zed 10
    If they would market like this in the USA we probably wouldn't be having these types of conversations.
    09-05-13 03:01 PM
    Yeah. I mean Dubai is great and all, but a BlackBerry retail store for them and not us? What's the killer of any good product? Poor visibility and assuming one market isn't worth the investment. Alienating Japan was a bad move, too.

09-05-13 03:09 PM
    I agree. Seriously though, if BlackBerry was going to stop operating, surely they'd halt marketing, R & D, software updates, manufacturing, development of new devices etc. They're fine, they've just been making millions instead of the projected billions and as a result, the share price is in the toilet. The next quarter will be disappointing too, then we should see some growth in the following quarter.
    But what about people like me that need a physical keyboard? This video highlights an all touch screen phone
    09-05-13 04:58 PM
    I'm surprised a mod even answered this idiots question. Shouldn't the mod moved this to the armchair ceo part of CB? If I puked every time some ***** says BlackBerry is thru or its all over, I would look like an Ethiopian! Why don't you armchair ceos pull up your big boy chonies,and get a life! Could you imagine if Apple fan boys would of wined like you when they fired Steve Jobs when a
    Apple was going down hill? Grow up!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:22 PM
    The fact that you read this means you were wondering the same thing.

moody and CMcRob like this.
    09-05-13 06:56 PM
    Sigh. This was the nice more sensible discussion about what comes next.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-05-13 10:10 PM
    No worries, Robin. Trolls pop up when things get too good. That's their job.

Robin Lim likes this.
    09-06-13 04:54 AM
    To be honest, the possibility of a EOL in there foreseeable future should have been apparent to all BlackBerry 10 buyers. I got my Z10 with the knowledge that it would be the first device of a revival or the last BlackBerry I would buy. It's my first BlackBerry. I have no regrets.

Posted from my Zed 10
    Yup. I was the same. If they did well, then that would have been great! But if they tanked, then I'm glad I got one of their last phones.

Loving my Z10, so no regrets either. I got what I wanted out of it.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:00 PM
    One last hurrah for sure. If they can squeeze out that Z30 before **** hits the fan, I will be paying full retail since my girlfriend and I are still locked into two year contracts with our Z10s. I'd gladly pay full price for it, too. I won't sell my Z10 EVER, but my PlayBook can kiss my *** and will be seeing eBay shortly (along with a ****load of accessories that go with it).

09-06-13 03:26 PM
    One last hurrah for sure. If they can squeeze out that Z30 before **** hits the fan, I will be paying full retail since my girlfriend and I are still locked into two year contracts with our Z10s. I'd gladly pay full price for it, too. I won't sell my Z10 EVER, but my PlayBook can kiss my *** and will be seeing eBay shortly (along with a ****load of accessories that go with it).

Noticed your the only one keeping this stupid post alive w your own version of stupidity as usual!
    I used my Bat Z 10 to create a headache for you!
    Signed The Batman
    Ps: To the mod who was nice enough to remove my post and my personal opinion! In all fairness remove this thread! I have a right as an American citizen to have free speech!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:34 PM
    Maybe because the Mod figures CB has enough trolls, American or otherwise.

09-06-13 04:26 PM
    I visited the "End of BlackBerry?" thread and decided to duck.

The BBM launch looks imminent, and if successful, it is an asset that can be detached and sold.

I think BlackBerry still owns DataViz. That is another asset they could probably dispose off.

Some parents which are not essential to the new core business (MDM) could be sold.

BlackBerry could maintain its enterprise services and become purely a Mobile Device Management company. BlackBerry Z10's and Q10's will remain in the market for use by the US Department of Defense, until a successor device is selected two years down the road. If BlackBerry stockholders do not want to continue operating, This aspect of the business can be easily sold. It does look like BlackBerry stockholders are more inclined to sell and liquidate their investments. In this sense part of BlackBerry will continue to exist.

A small group would gave yo be maintained to keep contractual commitments.

I think this is how things are likely to pan out.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-07-13 11:27 AM
76 1234