Again, if they can give us that Z30 soon...possibly a slider,too...that would be awesome. The Z10 models are bad *** phones in their own right (minus the STL100-1 model for obvious TI reasons), and on eBay they still do well for resale value. The Q10 is a great one too. Little known fact is that the Q10 has bluetooth 4.0 class 1 (versus bluetooth class 1.5 and 2 on Z10 models) which gives a better signal and farther range. Even the PlayBook had class 1. Not sure what happened there, but hopefully the Z30 and other (potential) future models correct this error. Having said all of that, there is technical genius in the hardware and software; the trick is to get people to pay attention. Possibly a merger could improve visibility.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    09-07-13 05:16 PM
    Noticed your the only one keeping this stupid post alive w your own version of stupidity as usual!
    I used my Bat Z 10 to create a headache for you!
    Signed The Batman
    Ps: To the mod who was nice enough to remove my post and my personal opinion! In all fairness remove this thread! I have a right as an American citizen to have free speech!

Posted via CB10
    Not sure why Bats, but I find myself in the strange position of objecting to the intent of your posts and also finding you very entertaining. Thanks for the first laugh of the day.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    moody likes this.
    09-08-13 04:53 AM
    But what about people like me that need a physical keyboard? This video highlights an all touch screen phone
    I think BlackBerry will continue to release and support qwerty if they do become a niche player for business. Those handsets should be aquireable direct from BlackBerry or on Ebay lol. Maybe I'm insane but I think a turnaround is on the cards. I also think BlackBerry is hiding a bunch of top apps for release with or soon after 10.2. I also suspect that they've deliberately driven down the share price for some reason. One thing I'm certain of is that the next two months will be interesting.

moody likes this.
    09-08-13 05:00 AM
    I think a lot of apps we have not seen will come with 10.2 since that adds support for Android 4.x apps. Right now Developers can only port Android 2.x apps for the official ROM's.

Posted from my Zed 10
    Last edited by Robin Lim; 09-08-13 at 10:00 AM.
    09-08-13 07:14 AM
    I agree. Also, 10.2 has been around for a while now so devs have had a chance to play with it and port some apps. Hopefully it'll release later this month.

09-08-13 07:18 AM
    Noticed your the only one keeping this stupid post alive w your own version of stupidity as usual!
    I used my Bat Z 10 to create a headache for you!
    Signed The Batman
    Ps: To the mod who was nice enough to remove my post and my personal opinion! In all fairness remove this thread! I have a right as an American citizen to have free speech!

Posted via CB10
    If they deleted every thread that someone thought was trivial, there would be no threads on any forum. It's an open discussion, and if you don't agree with it, you either reply like someone with half a brain, or you press the back button and read another post.

Posted via CB10
    Robin Lim likes this.
    09-08-13 07:23 AM
    I think BlackBerry will continue to release and support qwerty if they do become a niche player for business. Those handsets should be aquireable direct from BlackBerry or on Ebay lol. Maybe I'm insane but I think a turnaround is on the cards. I also think BlackBerry is hiding a bunch of top apps for release with or soon after 10.2. I also suspect that they've deliberately driven down the share price for some reason. One thing I'm certain of is that the next two months will be interesting.

I hope your right about them releasing more phones.

As far as share prices go. I am not a stock person and don't understand how to read the stats or whatever you call them. But for kicks and giggles I went to NASDQ last week and typed in BBRY. And it "looked" like someone had just dumped 95,000 shares. But whatever that chart thing was reflecting, something happened w/ 95000 shares that day and it was the largest number on there by 3 or 4 times other numbers.
    anon721037 likes this.
    09-08-13 07:25 AM
    That actually makes total sense! Just in time for the holidays...new phone, new OS update, and high end apps to help move the product. I'm gonna hold my breath until after the holidays then. I'm already saving my pocket lint to buy the Z30 off contract full retail. With specs like that, it's ALMOST the perfect BlackBerry 10 device. Now if they could just slap a keyboard on it...

moody likes this.
    09-08-13 08:59 AM
    That actually makes total sense! Just in time for the holidays...new phone, new OS update, and high end apps to help move the product. I'm gonna hold my breath until after the holidays then. I'm already saving my pocket lint to buy the Z30 off contract full retail. With specs like that, it's ALMOST the perfect BlackBerry 10 device. Now if they could just slap a keyboard on it...

I agree, I'm a slider person by nature.

09-08-13 12:13 PM
    I agree. Also, 10.2 has been around for a while now so devs have had a chance to play with it and port some apps. Hopefully it'll release later this month.

Hopefully, since I just got the MR today. If they release 10.2 next month I should get it by Christmas

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-08-13 12:49 PM
    Thornton stands to make way more if BlackBerry fails than succeeds. How can you have a man with that financial incentive running things. He has made a complete mess of the new launch and should have been fired for non performance long ago.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 01:07 PM
    Thornton. Lol. He can be a real "Thornton " in our sides.

09-08-13 03:13 PM
    Take it with a grain of salt with tequila and lime, but..
    http://www.livemint.com/Companies/Py...se-report.html

09-08-13 03:25 PM
    This one is more detailed.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/aust...-1226714808579

09-08-13 03:30 PM
    The full article :

A TYCOON known as Canada's Warren Buffett is closing in on a rescue deal for BlackBerry, the beleaguered mobile phone maker.

Prem Watsa, an Indian-born chemical engineer who has become one of Canada's most successful investors, has assembled billions in backing from the country's biggest pension funds for a bid. BlackBerry hoisted the "for sale" sign last month.

The phone-maker made the move after failing to reverse the heavy losses suffered since the launch of Apple's iPhone in 2007.

BlackBerry's shares have fallen from $C148 in 2008, to $C11.29 at the end of last week. More than $C70 billion ($73bn) has been wiped off its market value, which stood at $C5.9bn last week.

Mr Watsa's company, Fairfax Financial Holdings, is BlackBerry's biggest shareholder, with a 10 per cent stake. The tycoon was also on its board but stood down when the sale plans were revealed to avoid any conflict of interest that could arise from his ambitious takeover plans.

Mr Watsa has emerged as the favourite after enlisting the firepower of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, which manages more than $C183bn in assets on behalf of 18 million Canadians. Several other large pension funds were expected to join the consortium, senior banking sources said.

Robin Lim likes this.
    09-08-13 03:32 PM
    I hope Prem's first order of business is to kick Thorsten out. Apple had U2, but we got Alicia Keys? A legendary super group versus an R&B lounge singer? That made us look both weak and cheap. Prem just needs to put someone who can sell water to a fish in the driver's seat, and with that kind of marketing expertise, BlackBerry can be back out front eventually. As long as Thorsten runs the show ( who put an established, high profile company up for sale in less than two years of taking the job), not much will improve. I'm not an armchair CEO. If your neighborhood looks like **** because of one house, it stands out pretty bad to anyone.

09-08-13 03:45 PM
    Sailfish is OK, as is Android. Personally, I think the new Windows Phone with MS's acquisition of Nokia make a winning combo. I was actually a bit impressed with the news and the newest version of the Windows phone. The live tiles remind me of Flipboard, my favorite app on Android.

All this being said, as long as BlackBerry exists, I will own one as my primary phone. I am contemplating dropping my Android backup and picking up a new Windows phone to play with. As a backup phone it's not a big deal if it does everything perfect. It would be more for learning everything Windows can and can't do VS Android and iPhone (that I had for a while).

Vive Le BlackBerry!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    09-08-13 03:57 PM
    09-08-13 05:18 PM
    Looks like selling to a foreign buyer may not be so easy. Such a sale would have to be reviewed by the Canadian Government http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/09/bla...ies-for-buyer/

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-12-13 04:54 AM
    Canada has many things it takes serious pride in.REAL Hockey, Tim Horton's, Molson, Roots, and BlackBerry, just to name a few. I think the Canadian government would fight tooth and nail before letting one of their widely recognized products belong to another country.

09-12-13 05:04 AM
    Personally I hope none of the "strategic alternatives" pan out. BlackBerry has no debt and has a fairly sizable cash position. Maybe they will simply be forced to soldier on. Not too long ago, Apple was in worse shape.

Posted from my Zed 10
    Last edited by Robin Lim; 09-20-13 at 09:03 PM.
    09-12-13 09:42 AM
    With today's rather significant announcement I thought might as well complete the discussion in this thread. BlackBerry is now officially out of the smartphone business.

All the remains now is to complete production runs already contracted out, to dispose of existing inventory and disengage from the smartphone business.

Focus on BES, BBM and services. Most likely, focus on selling those assets which would be more attractive to consumers without the hardware aspect of the business.

BlackBerry 10, was a little too little, a little too late, and now the fat lady has started singing officially.

Posted from my Zed 10
    Last edited by Robin Lim; 09-22-13 at 12:09 AM.
    09-20-13 09:31 PM
    With an encore: the Z30.

BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-21-13 10:19 PM
    The last of the line. Might make an interesting thing to pick up.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-22-13 12:10 AM
    I'm getting two. His and Hers matching set.

Robin Lim and moody like this.
    09-22-13 08:11 AM
76 1234