10-11-17 07:29 AM
155 123 ...
tools
    I was wondering if a petition can be made to TCL to license, not only Android Blackberry, but BB10 as well could be possible. After all a petition that the multitude of people made to Whatsapp to keep it on BB10 for a while seemed to have made a difference.

Can someone out there with a know how start a petition directed to TCL to license BB10 as well?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-04-17 01:57 PM
    Make your own - http://change.org. Good luck! If TCL wanted to license BB10, they likely would have already done it. Don't think any petition is gonna change their minds, but stranger things have happened.
    07-04-17 02:08 PM
    I was wondering if a petition can be made to TCL to license, not only Android Blackberry, but BB10 as well could be possible. After all a petition that the multitude of people made to Whatsapp to keep it on BB10 for a while seemed to have made a difference.

Can someone out there with a know how start a petition directed to TCL to license BB10 as well?

Posted via CB10
    You'll probably need about 5,000,000 signatures with a $100 non refundable deposit from each signatory to convince TCL/BBMo... Good luck....
    07-04-17 02:37 PM
    Petitions did nothing for WhatsApp. The anticipated server changes simply have not happened yet.

There aren't enough users to buy a cup of coffee let alone pay to restart the entire BB10 program and infrastructure from scratch.
    xandros9 and Carjackd like this.
    07-04-17 02:58 PM
    A reply from the Boss himself! Thanks Bla1ze for entertaining a seemingly futile endeavour.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 03:12 PM
    Petitions did nothing for WhatsApp. The anticipated server changes simply have not happened yet.

There aren't enough users to buy a cup of coffee let alone pay to restart the entire BB10 program and infrastructure from scratch.
    For now they could use the readily available latest BB10 version software and TCL could use the Dtek 50/60design (and specification if they wish) and test the waters.

I strongly believe there will be as many people buying BB10 versions (if not more) as they are buying Android Blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-04-17 03:37 PM
    For now they could use the readily available latest BB10 version software and TCL could use the Dtek 50/60design.

Posted via CB10
    You can't mix the two without serious (expensive) software development.
    Elephant_Canyon and stlabrat like this.
    07-04-17 03:39 PM
    You'll probably need about 5,000,000 signatures with a $100 non refundable deposit from each signatory to convince TCL/BBMo... Good luck....
    Even a mere 5000 could make enough noise to get TCL's attention I believe.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 03:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    The fact that not a single company on planet Earth has shown any interest in licencing BB10 should tell you something.
    xandros9, aNGERY and Velocitymj like this.
    07-04-17 03:43 PM
    For now they could use the readily available latest BB10 version software and TCL could use the Dtek 50/60design (and specification if they wish) and test the waters.

I strongly believe there will be as many people buying BB10 versions (if not more) as they are buying Android Blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    It would be called a Z30 with almost 4 year old specs if you could find any components just lying around with some unemployed BB10 people looking for something to do like programming and then assembling. If you want new device with updated specs, then see my earlier comment with a non-refundable $500 million deposit. (US$)
    07-04-17 03:44 PM
    Hey if you don't care about apps running and want to get the work done then BB10 will be around for a long time. Shooot, people are still using BB with OS 4 on it. We will be alright.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    07-04-17 03:50 PM
    Been reading about Sailfish OS being available on a Sony device through the Sony Open Devices program. Could BB be persuaded to do the same with BB10?
    07-04-17 06:01 PM
    Been reading about Sailfish OS being available on a Sony device through the Sony Open Devices program. Could BB be persuaded to do the same with BB10?
    NOPE
    07-04-17 06:02 PM
    I'd like to see the BlackBerry virtual keyboard licensed as well, I miss that keyboard with the ability to flick words up.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 06:37 PM
    I want that too! Yeah! BB10 is simply awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Rallyfia likes this.
    07-04-17 06:48 PM
    I'd like to see the BlackBerry virtual keyboard licensed as well, I miss that keyboard with the ability to flick words up.
    While BB owns the flick feature, the BB keyboard is really SwiftKey (licensed by BB), and the license only allows BB to offer it on BB-branded phones - because otherwise, it would be directly competing with SwiftKey.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    07-04-17 07:49 PM
    While BB owns the flick feature, the BB keyboard is really SwiftKey (licensed by BB), and the license only allows BB to offer it on BB-branded phones - because otherwise, it would be directly competing with SwiftKey.
    I did not know that - thanks ! (Dammit I really liked the flick feature)
    07-04-17 10:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    If anybody thought they could make money off BB10, they would try. The idea of licensing goes back to Thorsten Heins' Era at the helm.

Like others have said, if you have a few hundred million dollars to drop, I'm sure you could get it done.

Come up with a business plan, convince investors and go for it. By then there will be the iPhone 14 and Android Z, but of course an OS, no matter how good it was in 2014, will be woefully out of date.

I love BlackBerry and BB10. I'll probably even hold onto my Passport another year or two, but that's more because nowadays I have to answer to the CEO of the family when I buy stuff like phones and there are a million more pressing things than a phone that we need (and I don't want to give up Blend yet either). If I had the cash I'd be double fisting phones, if not on Android full time.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 11:16 PM
    The fact that not a single company on planet Earth has shown any interest in licencing BB10 should tell you something.
    How do you know that? This sort of information would only be known by insiders and would never be made public until late in negotiations.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    07-05-17 03:56 AM
    How do you know that? This sort of information would only be known by insiders and would never be made public until late in negotiations.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's it... they're still in the negotiation phase.

I forget... is negotiation one of the 5 steps of grief?
    07-05-17 05:34 AM
    Yeah that's it... they're still in the negotiation phase.

I forget... is negotiation one of the 5 steps of grief?
    LOL
    07-05-17 06:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    He doesn't need insider information to see that nobody has licensed BB10 and BlackBerry has basically ceased any sort of discussion about it as thought they hope people forget it exists.
    07-05-17 12:19 PM
    He doesn't need insider information to see that nobody has licensed BB10 and BlackBerry has basically ceased any sort of discussion about it as thought they hope people forget it exists.
    They first brought up licensing BB10 well before release.
    07-05-17 12:25 PM
    They first brought up licensing BB10 well before release.
    I meant they ceased to even talk about their "support" for BB10 or anything related to it at all not just the license talk being halted. That was done long ago.
    07-05-17 12:30 PM
    I meant they ceased to even talk about their "support" for BB10 or anything related to it at all not just the license talk being halted. That was done long ago.
    Oh yeah, I know that. But the longer BB10 has been available to license the more the abject lack of takers is representative of the OS itself. It's almost five whole years since that first statement, and there's been zero news on that statement. I remember the old "XYZ Law Firm picks BES10/BB10" news articles on CB so one shouldn't chalk up the lack of news to not being newsworthy.
    07-05-17 12:33 PM
155 123 ...