that might have been me. the leprechaun rides him around my country estate.
    I think it was worded funnier with much more details but indeed think it twas You Chuck... lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-17 01:59 AM
    When are the new BB10 phones coming!
    Never. It is gone. BB10 is gone. Accept that to easy the suffering. Enjoy the BB10 devices while you can and there is life on them....and then move on. Sadly this is the only reality. Everything else is like the "reality distortion field" that Steve Jobs loved so much!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-17 09:20 AM
    Never. It is gone. BB10 is gone. Accept that to easy the suffering. Enjoy the BB10 devices while you can and there is life on them....and then move on. Sadly this is the only reality. Everything else is like the "reality distortion field" that Steve Jobs loved so much!

Posted via CB10
    I am well aware there are no new phones coming. My past was in response to the person who posted that he was talking to BlackBerry about licensing BB10.
    08-23-17 12:12 PM
    We've been in touch with RIM's legal office about licensing it. There may be a device or two in the works before you guys know it...
    How are the talks going with BlackBerry Limited?
    08-23-17 12:14 PM
    LOL, Read my mind..

Posted via CB10
    08-23-17 08:43 PM
    Hasn't posted since that... make your own conclusions.
    08-24-17 08:09 AM
    Hasn't posted since that... make your own conclusions.

08-24-17 04:33 PM
    We've been in touch with RIM's legal office about licensing it. There may be a device or two in the works before you guys know it...

Photo leak, courtesy of Conite...

Rumor has it, the company brand is Vapor, device will be called the Irish Unicorn with a PKB. The second model, a VKB, is codenamed, the Pink Elephant...
    glwerry and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    08-24-17 10:32 PM
    The resemblance is Erie
    08-25-17 12:36 AM
    It would be interesting to know how many people would sign a petition, but only if each was validated as a unique individual.

It's still not going to happen, but I'd love to get a better sense of the potential market, which bis likely somewhere between 5,000 and 5,000,000.

But even 5M people wouldn't be enough to make the venture profitable, unless they all committed to buying a new phone each year.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-27-17 12:19 PM
    It would be interesting to know how many people would sign a petition, but only if each was validated as a unique individual.

It's still not going to happen, but I'd love to get a better sense of the potential market, which bis likely somewhere between 5,000 and 5,000,000.

But even 5M people wouldn't be enough to make the venture profitable, unless they all committed to buying a new phone each year.

Or, instead of having to buy a new device each year, pay a monthly subscription. For that, you get a maintained OS and ideally greater control over privacy than any other OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 12:31 PM
    Or, instead of having to buy a new device each year, pay a monthly subscription. For that, you get a maintained OS and ideally greater control over privacy than any other OS.

Posted via CB10
    That would be great, but it's very unlikely to happen, because people just haven't shown any willingness to pay an ongoing fee for OS support. People want the OS price baked in ton the device so that they can think of it as "free."

A subscription fee would be more honest and sustainable. But manufacturers prefer the forced obsolescence model.

08-27-17 12:33 PM
    If at all any licensing of BB10 were to work I think it would have to start from China. Why?

This is a huge market and it has no access to Google services. The apps they use are mainly available in China only. If it can launch with the major apps in China and run well then I think there might be sufficient demand for apps that are available worldwide.

Then if the BB10 device is sold outside of China it will have more apps available. However I also think that Web apps will be more and more acceptable in the future as I think people are moving away from apps to mobile websites.
    08-27-17 01:01 PM
    That would be great, but it's very unlikely to happen, because people just haven't shown any willingness to pay an ongoing fee for OS support. People want the OS price baked in ton the device so that they can think of it as "free."

A subscription fee would be more honest and sustainable. But manufacturers prefer the forced obsolescence model.

Just for information, Jolla will soon sell a Sailfish OS image for the Xperia X, for the cost of €50.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-27-17 02:02 PM
    If at all any licensing of BB10 were to work I think it would have to start from China. Why?

This is a huge market and it has no access to Google services. The apps they use are mainly available in China only. If it can launch with the major apps in China and run well then I think there might be sufficient demand for apps that are available worldwide.

Then if the BB10 device is sold outside of China it will have more apps available. However I also think that Web apps will be more and more acceptable in the future as I think people are moving away from apps to mobile websites.
    And who's going to program those "major apps"? Have we still not gotten past the 'apps for charity' phase and believe software companies are going to provide their time and resources out of pity?
    08-27-17 04:07 PM
    Hey if you don't care about apps running and want to get the work done then BB10 will be around for a long time. Shooot, people are still using BB with OS 4 on it. We will be alright.

Posted via CB10
    It's hard to get work done when the browser is unable to access certain sites on the internet.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 08:34 PM
    And who's going to program those "major apps"? Have we still not gotten past the 'apps for charity' phase and believe software companies are going to provide their time and resources out of pity?
    Use the Android app. You don't have the Google service problem in China thus making the Android app unusable.
    09-24-17 12:45 PM
    Use the Android app. You don't have the Google service problem in China thus making the Android app unusable.
    Why not just use Android then? Android apps don't run that well on BB10 anyway compared to native apps or a real Android device.
    09-24-17 01:00 PM
    Why not just use Android then? Android apps don't run that well on BB10 anyway compared to native apps or a real Android device.
    Because Android still has many short comings as compared to BlackBerry 10.
    10-01-17 12:13 PM
    is it me or BlackBerry 10 is just a port of QNX and not a native one ?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 03:22 PM
    is it me or BlackBerry 10 is just a port of QNX and not a native one ?

Posted via CB10
    It's you.
    10-10-17 09:38 PM
    It's you.
    how so ? some sources ?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 10:08 PM
    how so ? some sources ?

Posted via CB10
    You can list me as source. I'm a TM.
    10-10-17 10:26 PM
    I could come up with things too...

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 10:45 PM
    It's you.
    While I wish to see some sources for this here is mine "one of the two people tasked with porting QNX " https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/black...jung-myeng-lee . Stop spreading BS.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 11:01 PM
155 ... 4567