Why would anyone want to license BB10 to try and make money without app support? You have WhatsApp for a fw more months but what about Facebook, instagram..... This list goes on . Not going to happen. Enjoy the ride
    There are alternative applications for those which in some areas are even better than those original applications.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 02:42 PM
    Thanks! I think I will enjoy.

After using the Priv and realizing the reality of the modern addiction to app updates and social media interaction, I have given up Facebook and deleted instagram, so maybe whatsapp is next.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Posted via CB10
    LOL...

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 02:49 PM
    Did anyone make the petition???
    I have not got around to it yet. Maybe you could start it!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 02:54 PM
    Will someone just launch a phone name Avocado with Avo OS and service provider Avocade? It sounds a great name...

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    LOL...

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 02:57 PM
    The fact that not a single company on planet Earth has shown any interest in licencing BB10 should tell you something.
    We've been in touch with RIM's legal office about licensing it. There may be a device or two in the works before you guys know it...
    anon(10218918) and dmlis like this.
    07-28-17 11:51 AM
    We've been in touch with RIM's legal office about licensing it. There may be a device or two in the works before you guys know it...
    Sounds good, and when you launch the device be sure to get the CEO to publicly say "this may be our last device ever" , that seemed to work well for chen.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-28-17 12:20 PM
    Have a ton of money to throw down the toilet?

BB10 is nice if you don't use apps, but the business case is null.
    07-28-17 12:40 PM
    For now they could use the readily available latest BB10 version software and TCL could use the Dtek 50/60design (and specification if they wish) and test the waters.

I strongly believe there will be as many people buying BB10 versions (if not more) as they are buying Android Blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    Uh. NO.

I moved from BB10 to 'Droid specifically and only because there were certain apps that I was unable to get running under BB10/the 4.3 version of Android that was on it.

The only way that I could even consider getting a BB10 phone again would be if the Android on it was moved up to a modern version: as has been pointed out ENDLESSLY on these forums for YEARS, this cannot be done for legal reasons!

So, no, there would be many of us who purchased 'Droid Blackberries that would not be purchasing another BB10 version.
    07-28-17 01:33 PM
    I didn't read the entire thread: who is "we"? Do you represent someone with the money required to do this, or are you just spewing nonesense?
    07-28-17 01:34 PM
    I didn't read the entire thread: who is "we"? Do you represent someone with the money required to do this, or are you just spewing nonesense?
    Him and the mouse in his pocket.

But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong. It would be nice to see some actual interest.
    07-28-17 02:29 PM
    Phones?
    07-28-17 02:56 PM
    Are you also buying the remaining stock of the only S4 and 801 chips? I am sure people can't wait to buy new phones with 4 and 5 year old chips.
    07-28-17 02:57 PM
    The voices?

Are you also buying the remaining stock of the only S4 and 801 chips? I am sure people can't wait to buy new phones with 4 and 5 year old chips.
    You mean "tried and tested".
    glwerry likes this.
    07-28-17 03:00 PM
    The voices?

You mean "tried and tested".
    Oh, wait, I know who this is! It's the CUBAN government!

After all, they've been keeping 1950s American cars running since 1960 ....
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    07-28-17 03:08 PM
    Oh, wait, I know who this is! It's the CUBAN government!

After all, they've been keeping 1950s American cars running since 1960 ....
    "Running" since the 60s.
    glwerry and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    07-28-17 03:19 PM
    I can only imagine how that conversation went.
    07-28-17 08:39 PM
    Third by what metric?
    NP Hard!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 10:09 PM
    May be Android Oreo...LOL!...WILL BE BETTER? Poor bb10 the best but the worst for JC!
    Why RIM alias Blackberry want loose it's identity so fast? It's better they licensing bb10 to an other company before it disappears! But I will love bb10 forever!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-17 08:33 AM
    Why RIM alias Blackberry want loose it's identity so fast?

Posted via CB10
    Uh, so they won't go BANKRUPT?
    BB10 sales were going nowhere and it was either go Android or bleed all of their cash out.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to figure out - even GM cut out entire car lines when they were facing bankruptcy.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-22-17 01:28 PM
    Uh, so they won't go BANKRUPT?
    BB10 sales were going nowhere and it was either go Android or bleed all of their cash out.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to figure out - even GM cut out entire car lines when they were facing bankruptcy.
    Why remind me. I still have a '79 Olds omega, love it. Stored away. Why do companies cut the best of the best.

Nah, it is the truth,
    It is denial....

I was in it for awhile, then grief, then anger at Conite for repetitively telling me in various context. LoL..
    Now I am in acceptance and it's fine, I am not missing one thing I need or want. Just enjoying the ride...

I still think they should of kept a few BB10 coders who also know android. I heard they let them all go for cheaper labor. Nah, made that up but sounds like Chen to me..

Posted via CB10
    08-22-17 01:46 PM
    Why remind me. I still have a '79 Olds omega, love it. Stored away. Why do companies cut the best of the best.

Nah, it is the truth,
    It is denial....

I was in it for awhile, then grief, then anger at Conite for repetitively telling me in various context. LoL..
    Now I am in acceptance and it's fine, I am not missing one thing I need or want. Just enjoying the ride...

I still think they should of kept a few BB10 coders who also know android. I heard they let them all go for cheaper labor. Nah, made that up but sounds like Chen to me..

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't much of an Olds fan - more of a Pontiac one.
    My brother owns a 2009 G8 Pontiac - mid-sized sedan with an aluminum 6 l V8 and 6 speed auto trans. Stock it was rated about 360 HP but he has it hopped up to about 400!

If you punch it at 140 kmh it will push you back in your seat.
    I have seen 250 kmh on the speedo, but he has had it to 260. All this with comfort and air conditioning!
    08-22-17 02:15 PM
    When are the new BB10 phones coming!
    08-22-17 03:52 PM
    I would not hold your breath, unless you have better lungs than Michael Phelps ....
    08-22-17 04:03 PM
    Somebody on here had said when unicorns fly but not sure how much they know.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-17 04:40 PM
    Somebody on here had said when unicorns fly but not sure how much they know.

Posted via CB10
    that might have been me. the leprechaun rides him around my country estate.
    08-22-17 10:19 PM
155 ... 34567