I think someone should take on BB10. With all the hacking that's going on now. This could be BB time to shine
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-07-17 11:56 AM
    I think someone should take on BB10. With all the hacking that's going on now. This could be BB time to shine
    That's funny.......
    07-07-17 12:49 PM
    And I don't even have to try
    07-07-17 12:50 PM
    Ba-dum-tsss!
    07-07-17 01:38 PM
    And as soon as someone figures out how to make a profit with it, I'm sure they will. 4 years and counting.
    07-07-17 02:39 PM
    A New Hope.
    I have it so much I purchased myself a rare new blackberry passport silver. Rare here anyway lol.
    Simply because of call quality and speaker quality. Keyone was just ok bought I soon got rid of it.
    Android needs high end power to make it more pleasurable to use.
    So passport is back.
    07-07-17 02:53 PM
    Why? What would BB10 contribute?
    07-08-17 01:34 AM
    Enhanced security as cyber etc attacks are becoming worse.
    This can only get worse in time
    07-08-17 01:49 AM
    Enhanced security as cyber etc attacks are becoming worse.
    This can only get worse in time
    From what I understand security is not about the OS but rather about how much quicker you find the gaps in the system and patch them, before hackers get in.

And I also don't believe that the "outside hackers" are that big of a threat but rather the software we install and "trust" while they collect data (Facebook, Google, the rest...)
    07-08-17 03:40 AM
    That's why I think blackberry is the safest option
    07-08-17 03:43 AM
    Why you people keep forcing us to use android? Just to keep the BlackBerry alive?

You've been bb10 users, you know, the diference. Let us believe and fight for our beliefs.

Besides the enormous diferencies between os's, we were a elite, and we want to keep like that until Chen anounces the end.

There's no fight between us, we are BlackBerry users. You believe that bb10 has no end, and made your move to android, we don't. Don't keep telling us that is good, is just not bad. You still miss bb10, we don't miss android (i don't).

Come on, keyone is beauty phone, but it's Nothing compare with what we have(had). I'm sure you too miss the quality.(my passport felt from my hands from the 5th Floor, and it's working and not broken)

If there was a bb10 with other android run time, and with the specs of 600-700usd of normal phone this days, there will be no chances. Is it difficult? Let us believe

Good work

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 05:44 AM
    Blackberry is still (and has been for a very long time) popular in what we arrogantly term, "emerging nations". So, the OS is in use by a very large number of people. I believe this is the market Tizen has on their radar because it's not tiny.

In "emerged" nations, there is huge pressure on the common user to get an iPhone. Must-have. Since the vast majority are not truly tech savvy, this will always be their safe choice. A status choice, a fashion choice... and a faux-tech choice. I live in So. Cali and Apple's reputation here remains untarnished. A close friend and I went shopping for his first smart phone and found a great Samsung that was perfect for his needs. Now he's whining that he should have gotten an iPhone. Why? His non-tech savvy friends told him so. My pal uses his phone to make calls. He doesn't even text.
    parryberry likes this.
    07-08-17 07:59 AM
    Why you people keep forcing us to use android? Just to keep the BlackBerry alive?

You've been bb10 users, you know, the diference. Let us believe and fight for our beliefs.

Besides the enormous diferencies between os's, we were a elite, and we want to keep like that until Chen anounces the end.

There's no fight between us, we are BlackBerry users. You believe that bb10 has no end, and made your move to android, we don't. Don't keep telling us that is good, is just not bad. You still miss bb10, we don't miss android (i don't).

Come on, keyone is beauty phone, but it's Nothing compare with what we have(had). I'm sure you too miss the quality.(my passport felt from my hands from the 5th Floor, and it's working and not broken)

If there was a bb10 with other android run time, and with the specs of 600-700usd of normal phone this days, there will be no chances. Is it difficult? Let us believe

Good work

Posted via CB10
    No one should be telling you to switch. Use what works for you.

This thread is about the business case for licencing BB10, for which there is clearly none.
    07-08-17 08:14 AM
    From what I understand security is not about the OS but rather about how much quicker you find the gaps in the system and patch them, before hackers get in.
    That's what a lot of companies would like you to believe. That way they can quickly push out broken code with the promise that they will patch it as soon as they find out it is broken. But lately we've been finding out that not everyone who finds the vulnerabilities discloses them. Some have been exploited for years before they are patched.

And I also don't believe that the "outside hackers" are that big of a threat but rather the software we install and "trust" while they collect data (Facebook, Google, the rest...)
    It is possible to build an OS that will protect users against this. BBOS had it up to version 7, but many people complained it was an inconvenience. And now the best selling OS is made by one of those companies. How much incentive does Google have in implementing features that protect your data from them?

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    07-08-17 12:11 PM
    I'm thinking probably BB10 would do well in China as Google services are not available there. The Chinese people are also hungry for something new and different from what they currently have.

The only problem is that the apps used there just needs to be rewritten for the Chinese markets. If it is rewritten for them, markets in South East Asia like Malaysia and Singapore might start using it again.

Just my thoughts...
    07-08-17 03:07 PM
    I'm thinking probably BB10 would do well in China as Google services are not available there. The Chinese people are also hungry for something new and different from what they currently have.

The only problem is that the apps used there just needs to be rewritten for the Chinese markets. If it is rewritten for them, markets in South East Asia like Malaysia and Singapore might start using it again.

Just my thoughts...
    Even without Google, what does BB10 bring to the table that you can't do with Android or iOS? Why do developers need to go through all the trouble of coding for a third platform?
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-08-17 03:15 PM
    Even without Google, what does BB10 bring to the table that you can't do with Android or iOS? Why do developers need to go through all the trouble of coding for a third platform?
    That was the primary mistake BlackBerry made when developing BB10. They had the opportunity to chose Android as the SDK for apps with Flow UX support on top of QNX Neutrino and instead created Cascades. This would not have prevented them from creating a native API later, but would have provided lower risk to software developers and helped deliver to them a better ROI. BlackBerry could then have kept them interested, by giving them input into the platform's direction including a native API and how close Android on QNX should be compatible with Google's APIs.

We may have had a Google/Alphabet free Android and developers would have a mobile platform with a real choice of native APIs.
    07-08-17 07:11 PM

Just my thoughts...
    Android does very well in China. Many options for non Google services IN China. Just like BB10 was four years too late in the USA. BB10 would be 5+ years to late in China.
    07-08-17 08:39 PM
    Android does very well in China. Many options for non Google services IN China. Just like BB10 was four years too late in the USA. BB10 would be 5+ years to late in China.
    BB10 is 12-18 months too late to its EOL funeral....
    07-08-17 08:42 PM
    The question that is never answered. BlackBerry had no real answer for us either.
    07-08-17 10:15 PM
    BlackBerry offered to license bb10, what, maybe 3-4 years ago. No takers and that was when it would've been more attractive to license than it is now.
    07-08-17 11:25 PM
    BB10 is a lite and versatile OS for one.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 11:24 AM
    Third by what metric? Both Tizen and Windows Phone have higher marketshare than BB10, are actively updated, and still see new device releases.
    3rd in terms of viability. There are like zero Tizen apps or phones. Windows phone is technically not dead either, like BlackBerry. But (I've got one Windows phone here) the apps situation is MUCH worse than BlackBerry 10. Also while Windows has seen a recent update, this really only brings it on par with BlackBerry 10.0 honestly in terms of reliability. Any prior versions were INCREDIBLY buggy, worse than 10.0 or even PlayBook OS.

I tried the switch to Windows phone but even ignoring the subjective bits about the OS, the app situation and bugginess rendered it a no-go very quickly.
    07-09-17 11:31 AM
    BB10 is a lite and versatile OS for one.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree, but unfortunately most users could care less about that. They just want a $0 phone that runs WhatsApp
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-09-17 11:32 AM
    3rd in terms of viability. There are like zero Tizen apps or phones. Windows phone is technically not dead either, like BlackBerry. But (I've got one Windows phone here) the apps situation is MUCH worse than BlackBerry 10. Also while Windows has seen a recent update, this really only brings it on par with BlackBerry 10.0 honestly in terms of reliability. Any prior versions were INCREDIBLY buggy, worse than 10.0 or even PlayBook OS.

I tried the switch to Windows phone but even ignoring the subjective bits about the OS, the app situation and bugginess rendered it a no-go very quickly.
    What does third even mean, when the front two cars already finished the race an hour ago?
    07-09-17 12:09 PM
155 12345 ...