Sailfish is next BB 10, so there is better hope in getting that than BB 11.
    07-05-17 12:44 PM
    I was wondering if a petition can be made to TCL to license, not only Android Blackberry, but BB10 as well could be possible. After all a petition that the multitude of people made to Whatsapp to keep it on BB10 for a while seemed to have made a difference.

Can someone out there with a know how start a petition directed to TCL to license BB10 as well?

Posted via CB10
    Why would anyone want to license BB10 to try and make money without app support? You have WhatsApp for a fw more months but what about Facebook, instagram..... This list goes on . Not going to happen. Enjoy the ride
    Last edited by Carjackd; 07-05-17 at 04:16 PM.
    07-05-17 12:48 PM
    You have WhatsApp for a fw more months but what about Facebook, instagram..... This list goes on . Not going to happen. Enjoy the ride
    Thanks! I think I will enjoy.

After using the Priv and realizing the reality of the modern addiction to app updates and social media interaction, I have given up Facebook and deleted instagram, so maybe whatsapp is next.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 12:55 PM
    Been reading about Sailfish OS being available on a Sony device through the Sony Open Devices program. Could BB be persuaded to do the same with BB10?
    Mate - this is the most likely stepping-off point, post BB10, for me, and I hope, many others. I really wanted to buy a Jolla, but the software wasn't ready. I am sure that Sony, having ridden the tide from proprietary smartphone OS to the mass market, will make a success of this.

http://m.gsmarena.com/sailfish_os_fo...news-25988.php

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 02:12 PM
    Did anyone make the petition???
    07-05-17 02:17 PM
    Thanks! I think I will enjoy.

After using the Priv and realizing the reality of the modern addiction to app updates and social media interaction, I have given up Facebook and deleted instagram, so maybe whatsapp is next.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Posted via CB10
    Sure and if you don't need apps , then BB10 is still a great OS. So enjoy.
    Last edited by Carjackd; 07-05-17 at 09:41 PM.
    07-05-17 04:17 PM
    I was wondering if a petition can be made to TCL to license, not only Android Blackberry, but BB10 as well could be possible. After all a petition that the multitude of people made to Whatsapp to keep it on BB10 for a while seemed to have made a difference.

Can someone out there with a know how start a petition directed to TCL to license BB10 as well?

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes another petition............................and I just put away my tin foil hat.........Out it comes again..LOL
    07-05-17 04:45 PM
    Agree here. Disabled all google apps on my Keyone. Enough data for them : D
    Also no Facebook Messenger (they push it so hard. God damn it I hate them for that). They literally every time I visit FB from my browser (which ofc isn't *Chromosome) they say that my friend x uses messenger and I should too....

Why would anyone want to license BB10 to try and make money without app support? You have WhatsApp for a fw more months but what about Facebook, instagram..... This list goes on . Not going to happen. Enjoy the ride
    There's hope my friend: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12951276

Did anyone make the petition???
    I'm not sure that'll help. We better start a crowdfunding campaign...
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-05-17 05:32 PM
    Even a mere 5000 could make enough noise to get TCL's attention I believe.

Posted via CB10
    More people than that didn't convince Snapchat to make a client for Windows Phone so I can't see something as big as TCL letting a handful of people tell it to invest in a mobile OS with its best days behind it.
    07-05-17 05:46 PM
    I'm not sure that'll help. We better start a crowdfunding campaign...
    Ha, tell Jonny Chen to put up a BB10 development crowd funding plan and let the die-hards have the final say with their own $$$.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and anon(8679041) like this.
    07-05-17 07:00 PM
    Ha, tell Jonny Chen to put up a BB10 development crowd funding plan and let the die-hards have the final say with their own $$$.

Posted via CB10
    This was already mentioned earlier, $500 million, $100 deposit x 5,000,000 non refundable deposit.
    07-05-17 08:57 PM
    This was already mentioned earlier, $500 million, $100 deposit x 5,000,000 non refundable deposit.
    $100 per year to not have to use google sounds great to me. I am in! Now to find 4,999,999 other people out of 7,280,000,000 on earth to do the same!

Posted via CB10

EDIT: must learn to read and do math.
    07-05-17 09:33 PM
    $100 per year to not have to use google sounds great to me. I am in! Now to find 4,999,999 other people out of 7,280,000,000 on earth to do the same!

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say per year, I said just a non-refundable deposit... LOL
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-05-17 09:37 PM
    I didn't say per year, I said just a non-refundable deposit... LOL
    Doh!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 10:00 PM
    07-05-17 10:53 PM
    Well seems people are quite willing to license Android but not make any money...so you never know! :-)
    Seriously, for years, Apple has been taking home about 80% of the _profits_ in the market. Pretty much nobody else in Android land is making money aside from Samsung.

But if you want a reason to license BB10, consider this: Google makes the OS, it has been doing its own phones for years (just like how BlackBerry license TCL to actually make them or Apple with Foxconn), now it has been hiring chip designers. It doesn't take a genius to see where this is headed. If you still want to be in the phone business in 2-4 years time, make a Plan B...(Samsung even tried with Tizen)

The 3rd OS is BB10....Windows, Sailfish, Tizen, etc are in even worse shape.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 11:07 PM
    Will someone just launch a phone name Avocado with Avo OS and service provider Avocade? It sounds a great name...

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-06-17 01:31 AM
    Well... everything is soon to change.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0705164453.htm
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-06-17 05:42 AM
    Well... everything is soon to change.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0705164453.htm
    Doesn't look like it's in any danger of soon overtaking BB10's capabilities, or a tracphone for that matter.

It is an interesting experiment in dumbphone technology.
    07-06-17 07:05 AM
    You know what would have been awesome? Putting the charging circuitry and USB connector into removable batteries. Charge your battery while inside the phone, or charge extra batteries with the same cable while you're using your phone.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-06-17 09:24 AM
    You know what would have been awesome? Putting the charging circuitry and USB connector into removable batteries. Charge your battery while inside the phone, or charge extra batteries with the same cable while you're using your phone.
    While a cool idea, the problem with that arises in those battery packs would have to be thicker and the capacity would have to be less to accommodate.

It's the opposite of why manufacturers are favoring sealed batteries. Sealed batteries don't have to use space being protected so they can cram in more battery.
    07-06-17 10:35 AM
    The 3rd OS is BB10....Windows, Sailfish, Tizen, etc are in even worse shape.
    Third by what metric? Both Tizen and Windows Phone have higher marketshare than BB10, are actively updated, and still see new device releases.
    07-06-17 10:45 AM
    Third by what metric? Both Tizen and Windows Phone have higher marketshare than BB10, are actively updated, and still see new device releases.
    Sammy also uses Tizen in TVs and stuff. But they're all kinda fun if you don't need more than you need...

My favorite quote about Tizen:

A report published last month found that the OS (which also runs on smartwatches, TVs, and other IoT gadgets) was home to at least 40 never-before-seen exploits, with one security researcher describing the software as ”the worst code I've ever seen.”
    Last edited by scrannel; 07-06-17 at 09:05 PM.
    07-06-17 08:55 PM
    Sammy also uses Tizen in TVs and stuff.
    Marketshare estimates only include Tizen smartphones,

https://www.theverge.com/2015/11/5/9...e-market-share
    07-06-17 11:46 PM
    Marketshare estimates only include Tizen smartphones,

https://www.theverge.com/2015/11/5/9...e-market-share
    Yea, we don't include LG TV's in the webOS marketshare count eh?
    07-07-17 11:40 AM
155 1234 ...