Hey everyone. Ever since yesterday ive been rocking the 10.2 update and loving every bit of it. But, maybe it's a setting I missed or something but I can no longer long-press a letter to capitalize it. Also I can no longer press Alt+Caps to lock into number mode. Is this only happening to me? And how to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:29 PM
    I found it happened to me as well. Q10 SQN100-5

I rolled back to 10.2.0.1767/10.2.0.415. No more keyboard problems.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:44 PM
    Z30STA100-5/10.2.0.1791

Letter long press gone in 10.2?-img_00001154.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Letter long press gone in 10.2?-img_00001153.png  
    10-25-13 09:45 PM
    Now this is from a US carrier and I updated via the Rogers method that's on one of the threads. Everything works well except for that feature. Rolling back for me is going back to 10.1... Besides rolling back, anything else?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:55 PM
    Weird. Works for me......

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-25-13 10:09 PM
    I rolled back using sachesi. It's the Singapore official release. The same process as picking up the official 1791. Except it's 1767. It may work out for you. Other than that I haven't found any other way.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:10 PM
    Hey everyone. Ever since yesterday ive been rocking the 10.2 update and loving every bit of it. But, maybe it's a setting I missed or something but I can no longer long-press a letter to capitalize it. Also I can no longer press Alt+Caps to lock into number mode. Is this only happening to me? And how to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    I had the same problem after updating to 1791. ONLY 100%fix is to do a wipe of your phone. Just wipe and restore from a Backup PRIOR to the update (important that the restore if you are going to do one is from a previous backup to the update). (Thanks Mecca!)

Posted via CB10
    littledragon20x likes this.
    10-25-13 10:27 PM
    Works perfectly fine for me on official 10.2 upgrade on Rogers/Fido.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:31 PM
    It's a bug in 1791 that some Q10 users are experiencing. A reboot will bring it back temporarily.

1767 doesn't appear to have the bug, though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=864730

Posted via CB10/Q10
    10-25-13 11:36 PM
    It's a bug in 1791 that some Q10 users are experiencing. A reboot will bring it back temporarily.

1767 doesn't appear to have the bug, though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=864730

Posted via CB10/Q10
    Doing a wipe will fix it completely! If you do a restore, make sure it's from a previous backup prior to this 1791 update, otherwise it is best to start from scratch after the wipe and set up you connections and apps clean.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:35 AM
    Doing a wipe will fix it completely! If you do a restore, make sure it's from a previous backup prior to this 1791 update, otherwise it is best to start from scratch after the wipe and set up you connections and apps clean.

Posted via CB10
    I don't do restores, and no matter how many times I install and/or wipe this version it comes back. Not a huge deal for me since I don't see any differences between 1791 and 1767.

Posted via CB10/Q10
    10-26-13 10:47 AM
    I don't do restores, and no matter how many times I install and/or wipe this version it comes back. Not a huge deal for me since I don't see any differences between 1791 and 1767.

Posted via CB10/Q10
    Wow! That is weird but thanks for the input. Everytime one of us posts issues/fixes/non-fixes like this, it helps the Team determine what is wrong so the next version can be fixed. It (wipe) worked for me and some others I've told about it, but I guess it is not 100%, but what is in Cyberspace these days. I honestly don't see any difference in the two builds either, but I did have a lot of bar files over laid from 575/641/725 on the 1767 build and amazingly, most if not all of them seem to be on the 1791 update, like the sys.sysmon from .641, and the fixed Docs to Go, and the moving Compass. Haven't checked the runtime but everything is working so I ain't fixing it! LOL Sorry it didn't work for you!
    10-26-13 04:36 PM
    Wow! That is weird but thanks for the input. Everytime one of us posts issues/fixes/non-fixes like this, it helps the Team determine what is wrong so the next version can be fixed. It (wipe) worked for me and some others I've told about it, but I guess it is not 100%, but what is in Cyberspace these days. I honestly don't see any difference in the two builds either, but I did have a lot of bar files over laid from 575/641/725 on the 1767 build and amazingly, most if not all of them seem to be on the 1791 update, like the sys.sysmon from .641, and the fixed Docs to Go, and the moving Compass. Haven't checked the runtime but everything is working so I ain't fixing it! LOL Sorry it didn't work for you!
    Yeah, and who knows? Maybe if I tried it again it would work. It doesn't make sense that I had the bug in an older 10.2 build (can't remember which) that went away in 1767 but came back in 1791. But when I load a new OS I always do a security wipe immediately after.

At this point I'm just going to wait until the next leak or Verizon official (ha!). I have my Z10 to play around with the other leaks!

Posted via CB10/Q10
    10-26-13 04:45 PM
    Long press capital A..

Letter long press gone in 10.2?-img_00000345.png

ALT+Shift immediately afterwards...

Letter long press gone in 10.2?-img_00000346.png

Numbers locked from 1-0...

Letter long press gone in 10.2?-img_00000347.png
    10-26-13 05:20 PM
    Now, quick noob question: when I do a security wipe, do I have to download all the apps and stuff that I have upon the restore?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:03 PM
    Now, quick noob question: when I do a security wipe, do I have to download all the apps and stuff that I have upon the restore?

Posted via CB10
    If you restore, and the apps were on the phone when you backed up, then no.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-26-13 08:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi littledragon20x: welcome to the forums. Yes, a wipe is just that, it wipes your phone completely clean of all of your data and settings. It does not remove the OS or baked in apps like BBM, etc. but it does wipe all else. You would want to make a clean full and complete back up of your data and settings prior to loading the new update (backup from previous OS that is good) and once the wipe is complete, you will need to log into the wireless, go through the motions/swipes, etc, and then plug it into your PC> turn on Link (newest version) and Link will recognize your phone and "prepare" it. Once that is done, you will click on the Restore tab on BBLink and it will show you the backups you have made. Restore if necessary (reset from scratch is always better but if you want you can restore) your app data and settings/media from Link. Once that is done and you have done a reboot-again--you can side load any an all android apps. Good Luck and hope this helps you. If not, post back and one of us will post a step by step instruction guide for you. Thanks!
    10-26-13 08:20 PM
    I Can Long Press Without Any Issues. :-)

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    10-26-13 08:23 PM
    I Can Long Press Without Any Issues. :-)

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    May be a "Q10" thing. Not sure yet but most issues seem to be on the Q models.
    10-26-13 08:34 PM
    Nice, thanks for the reply. I backed up with 10.1 before i installed 10.2, so will restoring from that previous backup after the security wipe downgrade me? Because everything is great with 10.2 except for that one feature. Also, how long does a security wipe take, its been like 30 minutes now?
    Hi littledragon20x: welcome to the forums. Yes, a wipe is just that, it wipes your phone completely clean of all of your data and settings. It does not remove the OS or baked in apps like BBM, etc. but it does wipe all else. You would want to make a clean full and complete back up of your data and settings prior to loading the new update (backup from previous OS that is good) and once the wipe is complete, you will need to log into the wireless, go through the motions/swipes, etc, and then plug it into your PC> turn on Link (newest version) and Link will recognize your phone and "prepare" it. Once that is done, you will click on the Restore tab on BBLink and it will show you the backups you have made. Restore if necessary (reset from scratch is always better but if you want you can restore) your app data and settings/media from Link. Once that is done and you have done a reboot-again--you can side load any an all android apps. Good Luck and hope this helps you. If not, post back and one of us will post a step by step instruction guide for you. Thanks!
    10-26-13 09:02 PM
    Nice, thanks for the reply. I backed up with 10.1 before i installed 10.2, so will restoring from that previous backup after the security wipe downgrade me? Because everything is great with 10.2 except for that one feature. Also, how long does a security wipe take, its been like 30 minutes now?
    About 45 mins. When the red and orange lights show and it's rebooted by itself you're done. I personally WOULD NOT recommend restoring 10.1 settings and appdata onto 10.2- it can cause some issues. Better to bite the bullet and redo your settings and app data from scratch--after all, you now have a virgin phone so why not load it from scratch. Then, restores won't be a problem or shouldn't unless some file becomes corrupted.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:02 PM
    Littledragon, please let us know if the wipe corrects the problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:10 PM
    This is very strange. I had the same problem using official Roger's release on my VZW Q10. The alt/shift and long press capitalization were deal breakers for me. I decided to wipe before reloading 10.1, but to my surprise, just a wipe fixed the problem: I removed SIM card, wiped device, connected via wifi and the problem is gone. Note that I did not restore. As I type this, I'm still on Rogers 10.2 and all is well: alt/shift and long press capitalization working perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:00 AM
    Littledragon, please let us know if the wipe corrects the problem.

Posted via CB10
    The wipe corrected the problem. A drastic fix but a sure one. Nice

Posted via CB10
    go1ndr likes this.
    10-28-13 06:49 PM
    The wipe corrected the problem. A drastic fix but a sure one. Nice

Posted via CB10
    Glad to be of help but the real credit goes to Mecca EL, my mentor! Thanks Mecca!
    10-28-13 07:21 PM