So are you saying that it would entitle a lot of work? To me they could still do it without resurrecting the entire OS.
    You've seen how many months it takes to disseminate a new OS build - and it still doesn't get to everyone.
    08-02-17 08:14 PM
    I'll have a beer with you!
    I'd take you up on that but I'd probably get you in trouble. (Hummm.... of course we can have a beer together) hee-hee
    08-02-17 08:16 PM
    How able just a browser update and refresh ? I wouldn't think that would be too much to ask but then again who's listening...... Not Blackberry
    Hey!! I'm listening!! (and I approve of this message)
    The_Passporter likes this.
    08-02-17 08:18 PM
    You've seen how many months it takes to disseminate a new OS build - and it still doesn't get to everyone.
    Yeah with Blackberry's one desk with one computer with one person behind it. Yes I've seen how long it takes lol
    08-02-17 08:39 PM
    BB 11 with new Android runtime!!!
    08-02-17 08:57 PM
    BB 11 with new Android runtime!!!
    And a free unicorn with every update!
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    08-02-17 09:16 PM
    Ahh.. So we're on to shots with our beer, eh??
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-02-17 09:35 PM
    But honestly the whole situation is ridiculous IMO because a normal consumer (non crackberry member) could go to the blackberry site right now, go to smartphones click on passport and follow one of the links provided by blackberry to Amazon or the cell.co and they'd be getting a unsupported device out of the box and they'd learn the hard way
    08-02-17 09:37 PM
    Explain NORMAL consumer (non crackberry member)

I'm normal and I'm a CB member!!
    08-02-17 09:49 PM
    What would that accomplish? It would REMOVE many of the apps that people RELY on - you would be back to ONLY NATIVE APPS. Those are a small and shrinking base.

BB as a whole, including the oft-slagged 'Droid phones, are about 0.01% of the market.
    THERE IS JUST NOT ENOUGH INTEREST IN BB10 FOR THE BIG, POPULAR APPS TO TAKE THE TIME / SPEND THE MONEY TO DEVELOP THE APPS!

Plus which, the BB10 team is DEAD - DISBURSED. They do not work for BB any more.
    So, massive cost to BB to do this, for WHAT BENEFIT TO THEM?

They are not a charity.
    What would it accomplish? Hopefully stop from people making threads like this.
    glwerry likes this.
    08-02-17 10:15 PM
    But honestly the whole situation is ridiculous IMO because a normal consumer (non crackberry member) could go to the blackberry site right now, go to smartphones click on passport and follow one of the links provided by blackberry to Amazon or the cell.co and they'd be getting a unsupported device out of the box and they'd learn the hard way
    Most people do a little research before investing in a device. Personal accountability seems to be an archaic notion these days.
    glwerry and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    08-02-17 10:16 PM
    Normal consumers don't go to BlackBerry's website.
    ScoopTheBowler likes this.
    08-02-17 10:43 PM
    So you're all abnormal then. That Does make sense.
    so,I guess I'm the only normal one here., which fits what with me being the only sane person on the entire planet
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-03-17 04:27 AM
    Normal consumers don't go to BlackBerry's website.
    Normal consumers (in the US, anyway) buy their phones from a carrier or retail store, from a sales associate from a sales associate who has a finite amount of time to determine what the consumer wants and needs, and will get chewed out by the manager (and/or get the commission taken back out of his paycheck, if applicable) for selling a phone that winds up returned because the customer had a need that wasn't addressed by the phone that was purchased.
    08-03-17 05:39 AM
    Yes, please make this a VERY BIG sticky.
    08-03-17 06:25 AM
    I happen to have it on good authority that they are NOT dead! In fact they are being held hostage in an undisclosed location in case TCL produces yet another Launch (on time and as promised) but accidently releases the mysteriously lost 3.3.4 update.

Hey,stranger things HAVE happened.

And while we're on the subject:
    I MISS MY FLICK...

After 9 + years using only blackberrys (I still use my Passport) I purchased a Galaxy S8+.
    Up til the other day, I thought it very absurd when someone would complain about some very simple, hardly noticable thing that they didn't like about their new device compared to the way it was done on BB10.

To anyone that may consider themselves in that category .. Please accept my deepest apologies if I offended you in any way in the past.
    While I find Android to be annoying as an OS... what REALLY annoys me is after weeks of using my S8+ I find myself still "Flicking" the screen to minimise or close a program. That annoys me to no end and makes me want to encourage the guy that freaked out and destroyed his Passport to do the same with his other Passport.
    (and why not? We don't need TWO freaked out, unstable Cracked Berry's running around here)

So, hang in there BB10 team. TCL or the radical group holding 3.3.4 hostage are bound to screw up and we'll be there when they do.
    There's No Such Thing As Impossible.
    It's Just A Matter Of Figuring Out How!
    DUDE! I nearly wet my pants reading that!

I am chagrined that I did not consider the hostage scenario!

I don't share your optimism that the radical group holding them hostage are going to goof up - it's probably the same bunch that staged Elvis' death and have been successfully holding him incognito since 1977. (Rumour has it that they're based out of Witchita).

Thanks for a good belly laugh!
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    08-03-17 08:15 AM
    Personal accountability seems to be an archaic notion these days.[/QUOTE]

So true! Thankfully, my children and grandchildren seem to be exceptions to this rule.
    Yes, so many people have that attitude of "corporation X OWES me!"
    08-03-17 08:19 AM
    Two years ago, I would have taken this invitation seriously, but now, my immediate reaction is laughing. Yeah, seriously, good luck with that.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 08-03-17 at 10:20 AM.
    08-03-17 08:47 AM
    This video pretty sums it up....

08-03-17 10:46 AM
    To inspire the BB10 faithful who want to "strike"......

08-03-17 12:19 PM
    [QUOTE=Lostboy5151;12979170]Explain NORMAL consumer (non crackberry member)

I'm normal and I'm a CB member!![/QB

By normal I just meant not informed on blackberry
    08-03-17 12:38 PM
    so,I guess I'm the only normal one here., which fits what with me being the only sane person on the entire planet
    Now that's scary......LOL
    08-04-17 05:57 AM
    This is the same as when I become the adult in the room...........................doomed I tell you doomed!!!

LOL

WOOF!
    08-04-17 09:09 AM
    DUDE! I nearly wet my pants reading that!

I am chagrined that I did not consider the hostage scenario!

I don't share your optimism that the radical group holding them hostage are going to goof up - it's probably the same bunch that staged Elvis' death and have been successfully holding him incognito since 1977. (Rumour has it that they're based out of Witchita).

Thanks for a good belly laugh!
    I think of these things so you guys don't have to!! (I know!! I've got way too much time on my mind!)
    08-04-17 09:53 AM
    So now how do we use the latest android apps??

Posted via CB10
    Buy an new android phone.
    08-04-17 10:01 AM
115 12345