We should start a campaign where we all send 10 blackberries (the fruit) to the CEOs of companies like Netflix, Instagram, etc...

This worked for the show Jericho years ago, maybe it can help us BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    Pulkit Kamal likes this.
    07-25-13 01:21 PM
    Lol

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    07-25-13 01:22 PM
    LOL at first I thought this was a thread title fail when I read it, well worth opening, I chuckled.

And why did they send 10 blackberries for Jericho?
    07-25-13 01:23 PM
    Why doesn't bbry just make something people want to buy so then developers wouldn't need any fruit.
    07-25-13 01:28 PM
    I'm in haha

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    07-25-13 01:31 PM
    Totally.

Proudly Z10ing. 24F40D3B
    07-25-13 01:34 PM
    LOL at first I thought this was a thread title fail when I read it, well worth opening, I chuckled.

And why did they send 10 blackberries for Jericho?
    The show was canceled after the first season. During the last episode there was a joke about peanuts, so the fans kept sending the head of CBS peanuts until they renewed the show.

Posted via CB10
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    07-25-13 01:41 PM
    The show was canceled after the first season. During the last episode there was a joke about peanuts, so the fans kept sending the head of CBS peanuts until they renewed the show.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I remembered the story vaguely, didn't remember what people were sending though.
    07-25-13 01:44 PM
    Its easy to ignore emails and phone calls, and the decision makers never get the tweets, so to get the point across something like this may need to be organized.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:01 PM
    We should start a campaign where we all send 10 blackberries (the fruit) to the CEOs of companies like Netflix, Instagram, etc...

This worked for the show Jericho years ago, maybe it can help us BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    Um a little more context please??? I have no clue about a show named Jericho or the context of the reason/outcome/estimated outcome of sending some CEO anything they can already afford; financially?!

personally I vote for a small video; compiled by someone who's more than average to collate/collage or whatever its called from all the video sing-a-longs we fans make and email the CEO and their executive assistant (and Reuters/Bloomberg/Google+/FB/etc) a link to view it. This way non of our hard earned slave $$ (chump change to the CEO's who are getting paid) goes into their pockets - save for an app purchase which also rewards developers. Also only the TIME is given which is free for everyone yet considered a natural resource that is non-renewable for anyone.

If done tastefully, saw a new theme song with lyrics changed to every new major app thanking the company and developers for bringing it to BB10, could go viral!
    07-25-13 09:50 PM
    Jericho was an awesome show! that is all..

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:51 AM
    Jericho was a brilliant show.

That said, it was renewed as the production execs knew they'd get a return on their investment, that a community base of a large magnitude would watch, so the ad revenue was pretty much a cert.

They were swayed by money.

Same as when star trek was renewed. And also the same reason FIREFLY WASN'T (not enough people watching - though you know there is a huge vocal browncoat community!!!)

It's a nice gesture, sendng fruit and all: it may not sway, rather hinder and annoy.

BlackBerry needs to sell - 2.7 m BlackBerry 10 devices shipped. How many were sold - or better still activated. The activation figures tell you how many are ON, live, in a consumer's hand. Out of 2.7m how many?

Netflix know last quater 31.5 m iphones were activated. Netflix for apple. Simple.

BlackBerry need to sort out the insanly high pricing, advertise like hell and let everyone know the excellence of BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10. It is fantastic and doesn't deserve to be ignored. But it is being ignored. BlackBerry should work and spend to change that.

That said, you want to send fruit - sure. :-)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-26-13 06:17 AM
    Jericho was a brilliant show.

That said, it was renewed as the production execs knew they'd get a return on their investment, that a community base of a large magnitude would watch, so the ad revenue was pretty much a cert.

They were swayed by money.

Same as when star trek was renewed. And also the same reason FIREFLY WASN'T (not enough people watching - though you know there is a huge vocal browncoat community!!!)

It's a nice gesture, sendng fruit and all: it may not sway, rather hinder and annoy.
    Jerico was not profitable for the second season. It was canceled after the first season, but a group of hard core fans send thousands of peanuts to the exec in charge, filling his office to make a point about how far they would go to get the show back. The first season ended with a cliffhanger, and was canceled. The 2nd season was only 7 episodes, which CBS lost money on, but still produced to avoid any more bad press and public opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:35 AM
    Jerico was not profitable for the second season. It was canceled after the first season, but a group of hard core fans send thousands of peanuts to the exec in charge, filling his office to make a point about how far they would go to get the show back. The first season ended with a cliffhanger, and was canceled. The 2nd season was only 7 episodes, which CBS lost money on, but still produced to avoid any more bad press and public opinion.

Posted via CB10
    True, true.

The program wasn't profitable, but they did limit their losses on advertising revenue DURING the show. That was my only point.

Well that and don't think people roll over without a good reason. Bad press isn't the only motivation ;-)

That said - Jericho as an open world arpg... how could that not word? red dead redemption meets jericho. Now get that onto the A10 and I'm more than ready to stream that to my telly and play - that's the future of mobile computing right there!!!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-26-13 08:40 AM