Your time would be better spent watching paint dry.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    04-22-16 08:23 AM
    Personally, I thought the doggy comment was hilarious, not rude.

I am still pining for a Q-10 with a toolbelt. Honestly, this would probably have had masses of BB9900 die-hards running to BB10. I just discovered the Q10 is the BEST BB 4 ME. The best BB10, that is. It's tiny and runs like a demon, and that's what I wanted all along, a LITTLE phone that does it all, at least does all that I want it to. BB9900 is cuter and classier and I will miss it very much, but it's probably not going to see a simcard again.
    04-22-16 03:37 PM
    Personally, I thought the doggy comment was hilarious, not rude.

I am still pining for a Q-10 with a toolbelt. Honestly, this would probably have had masses of BB9900 die-hards running to BB10. I just discovered the Q10 is the BEST BB 4 ME. The best BB10, that is. It's tiny and runs like a demon, and that's what I wanted all along, a LITTLE phone that does it all, at least does all that I want it to. BB9900 is cuter and classier and I will miss it very much, but it's probably not going to see a simcard again.
    Is the Classic really that much larger than the Q10?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-22-16 03:51 PM
    Listen, I understand that this is hard to resign yourself to, but there's nothing that can be done to make Blackberry resurrect BB10.

They tried and tried and just kept losing customers. Admittedly, some of their efforts were choppy and abortive and lacked direction, but they did try. Now they don't have the people to make significant progress on BB10 and they're not going to spend any more money on it.

It's dead, let it lie.
    kbz1960, JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    04-22-16 03:59 PM
    Havent been in these forums for years since I worked for bb..when the first touch flop flopped. Kind of surprised that management's ineptitude is still the hot topic. I came back to BlackBerry after a 2 year droid hiatus and I'm in these forums catching up. I can say that I will most likely be a BlackBerry customer for life is they allow me.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 05:59 PM
    Let the market dictates if it wants a BB10 device, as Chen have said a long time ago.

🔥 📶
    The market already decided on Android and iOS. Even Windows Phone is faltering.
    http://m.gsmarena.com/microsoft_sold...news-17897.php

*C5303
    04-23-16 12:01 AM

It's dead, let it lie.
    As long as they sell Blackberry phones running BB10, it's not dead(yet). So if a few of us want to vent, let us vent.
    04-23-16 12:23 PM
    As long as they sell Blackberry phones running BB10, it's not dead(yet). So if a few of us want to vent, let us vent.
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    04-23-16 12:29 PM
    Not sure why I post in these forums anymore. Its amazing how if you go to a car or gun forum everyone is polite and respectful but everyone here is a ****.

Posted via CB10
    We're all bitter.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-23-16 12:33 PM
    They're still selling them, but none are (currently) being produced. There's still water in the well but the river's gone dry!
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    04-23-16 12:52 PM
    They're still selling them, but none are (currently) being produced.
    So your saying that nowhere in the world is Blackberry producing BB10 phones? Not even India?
    04-23-16 02:19 PM
    So your saying that nowhere in the world is Blackberry producing BB10 phones? Not even India?
    They never did, so yeah.

The last new production run I can think of is the Silver Passport run last summer. Everything with a date afterwards is a reboxing to put 10.3.2 on it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-23-16 02:24 PM
    They never did, so yeah.

The last new production run I can think of is the Silver Passport run last summer. Everything with a date afterwards is a reboxing to put 10.3.2 on it.
    And Chen more or less implied that Qualcomm's supply of the S4 (which powered almost allBB10 phones) has dried up. Even to build new batches of the same phones would require a significant investment because of sourcing and coding for new internals. With a ROI already in the negative billions, it's doubtful that BB will sink money into it. I will say this- the folks who want so badly for Chen to lose his job would certainly get their wish if he built the phone of their dreams!

EDIT- He didn't specifically say the SoC's so I shouldn't have said that specifically. That was my own inference, assuming that the rest of the phone is material that can be sourced from multiple places, but they would have to rely on QUALCOMM for the chips.
    Last edited by kvndoom; 04-23-16 at 03:02 PM.
    04-23-16 02:42 PM
    On October 26, 2015, BlackBerry announced that there are no plans to release new APIs and software development kits (SDKs) or adopt Qt version 5. Future updates, like versions 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 which are scheduled to be released in 2016, would focus on security and privacy enhancements only.

Quotes from Wikipedia ....... reality face it

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    04-23-16 02:55 PM
    I'm beginning to realize that if BlackBerry had just added really superb cameras to all of the BB10 phones, BB10 would have been a hit. I want to grab a Passport SE, but the camera is so mediocre compared to my new iPhone 6S. And I hate the iPhone in every way except for iMessage, the Camera, and NightShift.

Watching BB10 videos on YouTube highlight just how great this OS is and was. Why couldn't we have had a good camera in any of the phones!? So sad.
    04-23-16 03:00 PM
    Is the Classic really that much larger than the Q10?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    the Bold 9900 size is that compact, sweet spot' which the Q10 copied and is the palm-sized powerhouse phone. While the Classic is sweet especially in blue, and a terrific phone, the smaller size and weight of the Q10 is a huge plus for me.
    04-23-16 03:16 PM
    I'm beginning to realize that if BlackBerry had just added really superb cameras to all of the BB10 phones, BB10 would have been a hit. I want to grab a Passport SE, but the camera is so mediocre compared to my new iPhone 6S. And I hate the iPhone in every way except for iMessage, the Camera, and NightShift.

Watching BB10 videos on YouTube highlight just how great this OS is and was. Why couldn't we have had a good camera in any of the phones!? So sad.
    do you want to be a professional photographer????

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 03:23 PM
    So when I read Blackberry's latest 2016 financial statement that says:
    "During fiscal 2016, the Company developed smartphones powered by the BlackBerry 10 OS and introduced its first smartphone powered by Android OS, the PRIV" and "In fiscal 2016, the Company launched the following new smartphones:.....BlackBerry Leap – an affordable all-touch smartphone for 4G LTE" that the Leap is just a reboxing?
    04-23-16 03:28 PM
    BB10 (QNX) is actually very much like Linux internally and Android actually rides on top of Linux.
    BB10 is not QNX it is based on QNX.
    BB10 is not really that much like Linux internally.
    deadcowboy and JeepBB like this.
    04-23-16 03:50 PM
    "During fiscal 2016, the Company developed smartphones powered by the BlackBerry 10 OS and introduced its first smartphone powered by Android OS, the PRIV"
    BlackBerry's fiscal year is 3 quarters ahead of the calendar.
    Does that reconcile things?
    04-23-16 03:51 PM
    Not even India.
    Where do you get this stuff?
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-23-16 03:53 PM
    "During fiscal 2016, the Company developed smartphones powered by the BlackBerry 10 OS and introduced its first smartphone powered by Android OS, the PRIV" and "In fiscal 2016, the Company launched the following new smartphones:.....BlackBerry Leap � an affordable all-touch smartphone for 4G LTE" that the Leap is just a reboxing?
    The Leap was released in April '15.

BB build phones in batches - they don't sell in sufficient numbers to need continuous production. Those phones then sit in warehouses until demand causes them to be flashed with the latest OS, and put into a retail box with current promotional material.

From what I've read, the Privs were built in a single batch of 500k phones. I don't recall the batch size for the Leap, but neither phone is in current production.

Alternatively, you can believe that somewhere, possibly India, there are active production lines with BB10 phones and Privs rolling off the end if you'd prefer. It's your fantasy, go with it!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-23-16 03:56 PM
    do you want to be a professional photographer????

Posted via CB10
    I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about the masses. And I understand why people want good cameras now that I've had one.

I'm not saying the modern photography obsession is healthy, but it would have been smart include decent cameras in BB10 phones (especially at the beginning) in order to attract more customers. People's number one feature is often a good camera module. Why give people easy deal-breakers?
    04-23-16 04:04 PM
    BB10 is not QNX it is based on QNX.
    BB10 is not really that much like Linux internally.
    I agree that BB10 is running on the QNX operating system. BB10 is just another face to QNX. Car versions of QNX have an interface via knobs and touchscreens, BB10 via touch panels and keyboards. The difference is how the OS displays and gets user inputs and that is the case for every operating system from Windows to Linux. I'm not saying the user interface is trivial, only that every OS has at least one.

So you don't think multitasking, memory protected, scheduler driven and POSIX compliant(Linux is almost POSIX compliant) is not close? If you want to say the kernel scheduler is different I'll give you that, but the API to the programmer is very close.
    04-23-16 04:34 PM
    Alternatively, you can believe that somewhere, possibly India, there are active production lines with BB10 phones and Privs rolling off the end if you'd prefer. It's your fantasy, go with it!
    My original comment I made was referring to selling Blackberry phones in India(at least that's what I meant to say.) And I understand quite well that phones are made in batches. But does someone here have connections to the factory that's producing them to know for sure? That's why I'm asking. I see people stating things and I would really like to know how true they are.
    04-23-16 04:49 PM
67 123