Stop making yourself sound like your important; your are not, you are a nobody.

Posted via CB10
    Ok that's enough for now. Have to let you go cause my Bro John Chen is on the other line conferencing with me and Obama. We will catch up later Big Dawg. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 03:24 PM
    Facebook can be acces from the browser ferry easy.
    Can't post a picture directly from the camera app, that's a feature for persons that post every dinner they had. That doesn't make my BlackBerry less a smartphone, that makes Facebook less interesting for me. A smartphone is a phone with computers capability, I don't take the computer in a restaurant with me so I can be able to post a picture with the fancy dinner I had. The rest I can still do from the browser regarding Facebook.
    No more Facebook HUB integration (FACE10 hub integration works perfect) doesn't mean the HUB is meaningless, I still have HUB integration for text messages, phonecalls, email, BBM, pin messages, general notifications (Viber, Skype), it's just that Facebook doesn't have HUB integration. If don't have HUB integration for facebook I have less hub integration than last month on my BlackBerry but I have more HUB integration than I would have on Android or IOS.
    Facebook app is just a tiny little thing from a smartphone that gives you the online acces to the Facebook servers with a different interface. There people who doesn't have a Facebook account and uses smartphones. There are people who does have a facebook account but doesn't use a smartphone. There are people who does have a Facebook account, who does use a smartphone but refuses to use the Facebook app. With all of those there can still be in touch with their family, they can stil be proactive with the help of their smartphone, they can still post pictures, chat, post funny videos on facebook without using the Facebook app.
    Who doesn't like a smartphone without the Facebook app just don't buy/use it. If a smartphone is useless without the Facebook app, it's no loss not having a BlackBerry. Stop ******** about the facebook app.
    Jesus didn't die so you can have the Facebook app.

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy and seletok like this.
    04-03-16 05:22 PM
    Another person not able to grasp the point of the post and focusing only on the Facebook aspect of it. Am I that bad at explaining or are others that dumb?

Perhaps I'm not the one obsessed with the Facebook phenomenon but these people who seem to know a lot about it are?

GEZUS!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-03-16 at 09:04 PM.
    04-03-16 07:34 PM
    its all a matter of very little time before bb10 is useless, i understand bb10 is a great OS but geez people need to wake up and move on sooner rather than later.
    I've been preaching the same message. Loyalty has to be a 2 way street. BB burned us all on the Playbook.. Then they burned us on BB10. enough is enough
    04-03-16 09:46 PM
    Another person not able to grasp the point of the post and focusing only on the Facebook aspect of it. Am I that bad at explaining or are others that dumb?

Perhaps I'm not the one obsessed with the Facebook phenomenon but these people who seem to know a lot about it are?

GEZUS!

Posted via CB10
    Did I quote your main post in my comment? I think not, so you could realize my comment was about what some persons commented about the Facebook HUB integration.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 10:37 PM
    Until you find yourself vulnerable by not updating, you're not gonna learn the true lesson.
    04-04-16 12:52 AM
    Folks, Blackberry is going to support OS10 for a while because there a lot of folks in the enterprise sector who are still using the devices and are not going to run out and buy phones because the Facebook or Whatsapp apps have stopped working. FYI, I just read on one of the tech sites, that Facebook has backed off on not supporting OS10 and is going to enhance the website experience and are working with Blackberry to make it happen.

I have learned from being in the auto industry where changes are a way of life is that there are no guarantees and times change and you have to learn to adapt or go the way of the dodo bird. I say use your Blackberry OS10 device and enjoy it, as long as the apps and functions that are important to you are still working. Life is way to short to get emotional over a smartphone, if you don't feel comfortable and feel it's not living up to your expectations, then move on. Just my two cents.
    04-04-16 07:26 AM
    Why? Why must I move on?
    Does the phone do everything I want it to do?
    Am I looking to try and make money from selling it?
    This phone does everything I need for a business phone and more and i'm certainly not going to try and make money from a sale. So again why? Why do I need to wake up? I think there is too much herd mentality with a lot of people on here and they need to step back a bit and see the whole picture.
    I'm not in denial that BB10 has kicked me in the balls and then laughed at my misery but the fact is, for me, this phone still does everything for me that it did in the first place when I bought it.
    When I see posts like this I instantly feel that the person only facebooks/wahatsapps/snapchats/instagrams and receives the odd phone call from their mum.
    BB10 is so much more and is a complete work horse in itself without any apps.
    I know this is my opinion and that it clashes with others but then I suppose that's the people you're referring to when you tell us to wake up?

Posted via CB10
    I run my business from my phone and this requires access to my customers via my business page on Facebook, there are also various apps that I need which are not available on OS10, so I'm now carrying around 2 phones as I just don't want to let OS10 go but fact remains that it is woefully inadequate for modern business (unless all you do is make calls and send sms of course).

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    Class-- likes this.
    04-04-16 07:28 AM
    I've been preaching the same message. Loyalty has to be a 2 way street. BB burned us all on the Playbook.. Then they burned us on BB10. enough is enough
    you may feel burned by BB10 but I find it to be a friendly happy OS to use. never ever ever going back to android. EVER. I bought my Playbooks after all this 'end of support' stuff because I had a Samsung tablet that hated me. Quite happy now with all my BlackBerrys and I suspect they will continue to make me happy for a number of years to come. Furthermore they sell much cheaper than they should, but I would buy them anyway, there is no comparison.

How exactly has BB10 burned you? Not enough people buying them? If you want something that does something BlackBerry cant do then move on. BlackBerry still may make a comeback as people continue to wake up to the fact that the privacy invasion can be fought against.
    04-04-16 07:40 AM
    you may feel burned by BB10 but I find it to be a friendly happy OS to use. never ever ever going back to android. EVER. I bought my Playbooks after all this 'end of support' stuff because I had a Samsung tablet that hated me. Quite happy now with all my BlackBerrys and I suspect they will continue to make me happy for a number of years to come. Furthermore they sell much cheaper than they should, but I would buy them anyway, there is no comparison.

How exactly has BB10 burned you? Not enough people buying them? If you want something that does something BlackBerry cant do then move on. BlackBerry still may make a comeback as people continue to wake up to the fact that the privacy invasion can be fought against.
    Interesting read. Although I don't really agree with anything you said, You were making a good argument right up to the "Blackberry still may make a comeback..." Blackberry is not the security device it used be and suggesting that "People continue to wake up" suggest the numbers are going a direction other than down which they are not. Since you'll never go "Back" to Android that means you will stick to BB10 even though there is no support what so ever. We clearly have a different set of expectations from a smart phone manufacturer. LOL
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-04-16 08:04 AM

Your a lot more optimistic than Chen is. Especially if you are referring to BB10 making a comeback.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-04-16 08:42 AM
    I'm keeping a Facebook bar file to install it in case the new OS update came and enforced the removal of Facebook app. Let's see

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 08:57 AM
    my Passport has just dumped the unwanted update on my phone when I wasnt looking and I thought I had all that stuff turned off. I do not want toasted restart my phone.

is there an update after this that will fix the bugs?
    04-04-16 09:42 AM
    Reading the dialogue of this thread is somewhat entertaining. Fighting tooth and nail and then purporting that you're not emotionally attached. Imma grab some popcorn, sit back and watch you ladies beat each other to death with your handbags.

In all seriousness, many people are not app obsessed, myself included. Running an OS with very limited support isn't a problem for us. In fact, It's somewhat annoying that when you say that BB10 fits your needs everyone turns into an armchair psychologist and accuses you of being in the bargaining phase.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-04-16 09:47 AM
    I run my business from my phone and this requires access to my customers via my business page on Facebook, there are also various apps that I need which are not available on OS10, so I'm now carrying around 2 phones as I just don't want to let OS10 go but fact remains that it is woefully inadequate for modern business (unless all you do is make calls and send sms of course).

But the same could be said to you, the phone is perfectly adequate for a modern business phone (unless all your business is based on facebook)

Yes, my main business needs are email,sms,web browsing, whatsapp and calls but I also need a phone that just does it without fuss ie. flow. I must beable to use spreadsheets (passport screen is perfect for this) and beable to download and manage files.
    My previous post was aimed at the words that told me to wake up and move on. As clearly there is a hot pot of people that use Blackberrys and all have different needs or wants. So making a sweeping statement that we all have to wake up was just idiotic to me. I understand your needs are no longer being met so you have moved on but until my needs cease to be met then there is zero need for me to move on.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-04-16 11:08 AM
    thats fine that it works perfectly fine for you for now however numbers and $$ dont lie bb is not going to support something that isnt making money for them its simple math really. Im not referring to you with this comment but theres a lot of folks here that are like bad girlfriends where they would cry their eyes out just so you wont break up with them and you feel bad and make up for a few days and then the same thing happens. its the same thing here bb is thru with bb10 people cry bb throws them a bone "ok we will give you a few updtes" all of a sudden people think ok well maybe bb isnt going away
    Your thought process to me is like saying I must parachute out of this plane I'm flying on because it's going to be retired in a years time. There is so much I can and will do before that time and there is zero reason to move at this moment.
    A side note, if you wait till you're actually done with your phone then you will be able to get the latest and greatest new phone of the future instead of getting another phone that isn't as big a leap forward.
    The girlfriend analogy shows more of your thought process towards your phone than anything else. You are heavily emotionally connected to it. My phone is a tool not a partner. I'm chuckling as I have images of Raj making a relationship with Siri in Big Bang Theory.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 11:21 AM
    The reason I use two phones is because I absolutely loathe Android and iPhone, however I am now being forced to carry 2 as the browser experience on my Z30 in mobile Facebook is atrociously slow making it near on impossible to reply/converse with customers. One of the things that initially drew me to BlackBerry was the hub and how all the social media communications were pulled into one easy to access stream, it truly was the ultimate business/communication device. However it is now failing and while there are still people that can use it it is no longer the ultimate business/communication tool that it once was. Am I happy about this? Hell no as there are no other devices that I really want, however based on my needs I will have to go Android and it will most likely be a Samsung or Sony as I just find BlackBerry to be too unreliable at the moment.

The_Passporter likes this.
    04-04-16 11:32 AM
    Your thought process to me is like saying I must parachute out of this plane I'm flying on because it's going to be retired in a years time. There is so much I can and will do before that time and there is zero reason to move at this moment.
    A side note, if you wait till you're actually done with your phone then you will be able to get the latest and greatest new phone of the future instead of getting another phone that isn't as big a leap forward.
    The girlfriend analogy shows more of your thought process towards your phone than anything else. You are heavily emotionally connected to it. My phone is a tool not a partner. I'm chuckling as I have images of Raj making a relationship with Siri in Big Bang Theory.

Posted via CB10
    I remember that episode. That was funny. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 11:46 AM
    The reason I use two phones is because I absolutely loathe Android and iPhone, however I am now being forced to carry 2 as the browser experience on my Z30 in mobile Facebook is atrociously slow making it near on impossible to reply/converse with customers. One of the things that initially drew me to BlackBerry was the hub and how all the social media communications were pulled into one easy to access stream, it truly was the ultimate business/communication device. However it is now failing and while there are still people that can use it it is no longer the ultimate business/communication tool that it once was. Am I happy about this? Hell no as there are no other devices that I really want, however based on my needs I will have to go Android and it will most likely be a Samsung or Sony as I just find BlackBerry to be too unreliable at the moment.

This is exactly what I've been trying to covey yet I'm still enjoying my Passport. The recent changes have not yet cause me to jump but we will see how things roll out come 2017.
    One thing I would recommend though is wait and see what BlackBerry's next device offers. That's if there is a next.
    I had a samsung and with all the bloatware I'll probably never go back but do like the Moto line of phones. Just my two cents.

Update:
    Actually I do have a friend that works at BlackBerry that told me that there is a new device I should wait for coming in the fall. hopefully by then he said lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-04-16 at 03:51 PM.
    04-04-16 12:55 PM
    Planning to move to the blackberry Priv now

Posted via CB10 Z30, STA100-2, OS 10.3.2.2836
    04-04-16 05:09 PM
    When I first heard about the Facebook issue, I thought the same as everyone else. What a horrible thing! Then I realized that I hadn't opened my Facebook app since way before Christmas. I've been using the mobile web browser to surf through Facebook. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a devastation for BlackBerry, but for me personally, this really isn't a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 07:17 PM
    Hi Fellows!

Any ideas on how to install Skype now, April 2016, in a BlackBerry Passport? Icant do it, and when I tried from the official Skype page it redirect me to an Amazon account where the app seems to be sold. I can t add it to the cart! Any ideas? Thanks! Aaron

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 09:08 PM
    Once the new version of Whatsapp comes out, the one you have stops working. That is the way it always is. The app on your phone now just won't work in a few months.
    04-05-16 05:28 PM
    When I first heard about the Facebook issue, I thought the same as everyone else. What a horrible thing! Then I realized that I hadn't opened my Facebook app since way before Christmas. I've been using the mobile web browser to surf through Facebook. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a devastation for BlackBerry, but for me personally, this really isn't a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    No real need for the facebook app. However the bad press surrounding this is probably more what they were going for. Zuckerberg would love to see Blackberry fold In reality. Whatsapp is threatened by the existence of BBM and would love to see it die. However all the hype surrounding this has done damage to Blackberry even if it is trivial in reality. To me the "app gap" was always trivial.
    04-05-16 05:32 PM
    thats fine that it works perfectly fine for you for now however numbers and $$ dont lie bb is not going to support something that isnt making money for them its simple math really. Im not referring to you with this comment but theres a lot of folks here that are like bad girlfriends where they would cry their eyes out just so you wont break up with them and you feel bad and make up for a few days and then the same thing happens. its the same thing here bb is thru with bb10 people cry bb throws them a bone "ok we will give you a few updtes" all of a sudden people think ok well maybe bb isnt going away
    People have been going on about BB going away for 6 years now. It just ain't goiing to happen.
    04-05-16 05:35 PM
58 123