Well it looks like if you like your BB10 phone working like it used to or does then do not take any chances by updating Facebook or WhatsApp ever again. I would also be hesitant to accept any new security updates provided by BlackBerry at all in case they surprise us with any new easter eggs that may disappoint.

So now we find ourselves in a situation fearing to accept any new updates. Regardless of any promises of updates to keep the OS afloat we also find ourselves in the middle of the ocean with nowhere to go but down.

Enjoy your BB10 devices while you can and hopefully nothing else goes missing and forces you to find another ship and hopefully that ship at least has a navigation system that knows where to go and a communication system to let others know.

This is me on my Passport, no longer able to brag about anything but hide in shame.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 11:58 AM
    its all a matter of very little time before bb10 is useless, i understand bb10 is a great OS but geez people need to wake up and move on sooner rather than later.
    04-02-16 12:10 PM
    OP, stop being such a drama queen. Seriously...

Just because the Facebook app didn't stop working at exactly April 1st at 12am on the dot doesn't mean it won't stop working in the next 5 minutes, or in the next 5 days. The fact of the matter is that BlackBerry could no longer guarantee that the Facebook app they themselves made would work passed April 1st because Facebook has not given BlackBerry access to the new APIs.

BlackBerry would have seen major backlash had they just left the app as it was and waited until it stopped working before telling everyone and issuing an update to the now current web link.

Off topic, but if some of you showed the type of passion you show on this forums for such petty BS to more important things in your lives, you all could accomplish much more.

/endrant

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 12:52 PM
    its all a matter of very little time before bb10 is useless, i understand bb10 is a great OS but geez people need to wake up and move on sooner rather than later.
    Why? Why must I move on?
    Does the phone do everything I want it to do?
    Am I looking to try and make money from selling it?
    This phone does everything I need for a business phone and more and i'm certainly not going to try and make money from a sale. So again why? Why do I need to wake up? I think there is too much herd mentality with a lot of people on here and they need to step back a bit and see the whole picture.
    I'm not in denial that BB10 has kicked me in the balls and then laughed at my misery but the fact is, for me, this phone still does everything for me that it did in the first place when I bought it.
    When I see posts like this I instantly feel that the person only facebooks/wahatsapps/snapchats/instagrams and receives the odd phone call from their mum.
    BB10 is so much more and is a complete work horse in itself without any apps.
    I know this is my opinion and that it clashes with others but then I suppose that's the people you're referring to when you tell us to wake up?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 01:04 PM
    Why? Why must I move on?
    This phone does everything I need for a business phone and more and i'm certainly not going to try and make money from a sale. So again why? Why do I need to wake up? I think there is too much herd mentality with a lot of people on here and they need to step back a bit and see the whole picture.
    I'm not in denial that BB10 has kicked me in the balls and then laughed at my misery but the fact is, for me, this phone still does everything for me that it did in the first place when I bought it.
    When I see posts like this I instantly feel that the person only facebooks/wahatsapps/snapchats/instagrams and receives the odd phone call from their mum.
    I know this is my opinion and that it clashes with others but then I suppose that's the people you're referring to when you tell us to wake up?

Posted via CB10
    thats fine that it works perfectly fine for you for now however numbers and $$ dont lie bb is not going to support something that isnt making money for them its simple math really. Im not referring to you with this comment but theres a lot of folks here that are like bad girlfriends where they would cry their eyes out just so you wont break up with them and you feel bad and make up for a few days and then the same thing happens. its the same thing here bb is thru with bb10 people cry bb throws them a bone "ok we will give you a few updtes" all of a sudden people think ok well maybe bb isnt going away
    04-02-16 01:19 PM
    What would moving on sooner do for me exactly ?
    David Tyler likes this.
    04-02-16 01:49 PM
    as soon as dropbox stops working properly, i'll move on. but until then, bb10's file browser is too darn good
    Class-- likes this.
    04-02-16 02:19 PM
    What would moving on sooner do for me exactly ?
    It would do absolutely nothing for you if you need nothing else for your phone right now
    04-02-16 02:56 PM

BlackBerry would have seen major backlash had they just left the app as it was and waited until it stopped working before telling everyone and issuing an update to the now current web link.

Posted via CB10
    Arguably they already saw this backlash as Facebook fell behind and things stopped working. Now that the new API issue is out of the bag, and the BlackBerry Facebook application is not only still working, but working better than it has in months, for me anyway, I suspect Facebook of some shenanigans. Mind you Facebook is always trying shenanigans, so this is not surprising.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    04-02-16 03:34 PM
    Arguably they already saw this backlash as Facebook fell behind and things stopped working. Now that the new API issue is out of the bag, and the BlackBerry Facebook application is not only still working, but working better than it has in months, for me anyway, I suspect Facebook of some shenanigans. Mind you Facebook is always trying shenanigans, so this is not surprising.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    At some point I'm sure facebook will change something on its end and the non-updated version will no longer work. Perhaps they just told BB to give the heads up and there won't be a down to the minute notice. Heh, maybe just like Blackberry, facebook can't get software updates done on time.
    04-02-16 04:01 PM
    Well it looks like if you like your BB10 phone working like it used to or does then do not take any chances by updating Facebook or WhatsApp ever again. I would also be hesitant to accept any new security updates provided by BlackBerry at all in case they surprise us with any new easter eggs that may disappoint.

So now we find ourselves in a situation fearing to accept any new updates. Regardless of any promises of updates to keep the OS afloat we also find ourselves in the middle of the ocean with nowhere to go but down.

Enjoy your BB10 devices while you can and hopefully nothing else goes missing and forces you to find another ship and hopefully that ship at least has a navigation system that knows where to go and a communication system to let others know.

This is me on my Passport, no longer able to brag about anything but hide in shame.

Posted via CB10
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain that an older version of Facebook could be found in a blitz package, then downgrade the newer one with Sacchi.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-02-16 04:23 PM
    Why? Why must I move on?

Posted via CB10
    I am glad that BB10 can text, email and make phone calls for you but when you are used to doing all that and much more connected to many services like Facebook for one, that many people are also connected to and is a major contributor to the Internet and social communication then it brings to question, "is it time?".

I still have the original FB and Whatsapp still working but my point is that these services which plug in to our phones and are a part of what makes sharing a picture or text or file on our devices so seamless. When you have to now take two or three more steps to get the same thing accomplished then you've lost the attraction of what made the OS so appealing. The lockscreen and HUB notifications with seamless in and out of the app without actually opening it is what brought me here and now that it is shedding it's leaves in the fall like a maple tree, I find myself asking at which point do I get the same efficiency and functionality or more from a newer android phone.

I am still hanging in with my Passport but not going to get as emotional as some about it, just stating the facts about our state of reality which is we are now on an OS that we can all fear any update that comes, for that next update may remove something else that we enjoyed. That's not speculation that proven.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:47 PM

theres a lot of folks here that are like bad girlfriends where they would cry their eyes out just so you wont break up with them and you feel bad and make up for a few days and then the same thing happens.
    Please try to cut out the sexist nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:58 PM
    OP, stop being such a drama queen. Seriously...

Just because the Facebook app didn't stop working at exactly April 1st at 12am on the dot doesn't mean it won't stop working in the next 5 minutes, or in the next 5 days. The fact of the matter is that BlackBerry could no longer guarantee that the Facebook app they themselves made would work passed April 1st because Facebook has not given BlackBerry access to the new APIs.

Off topic, but if some of you showed the type of passion you show on this forums for such petty BS to more important things in your lives, you all could accomplish much more.

/endrant

Posted via CB10
    When I see replies like this I also sense that someone is too emotionally involved lol. At least I can see the reality of the situation

Let it go!! Let go.......

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:59 PM
    Please try to cut out the sexist nonsense.

Posted via CB10

How is this sexist I am a straight male how else can I describe it.
    04-02-16 06:18 PM
    I am glad that BB10 can text, email and make phone calls for you but when you are used to doing all that and much more connected to many services like Facebook for one, that many people are also connected to and is a major contributor to the Internet and social communication then it brings to question, "is it time?".

I still have the original FB and Whatsapp still working but my point is that these services which plug in to our phones and are a part of what makes sharing a picture or text or file on our devices so seamless. When you have to now take two or three more steps to get the same thing accomplished then you've lost the attraction of what made the OS so appealing. The lockscreen and HUB notifications with seamless in and out of the app without actually opening it is what brought me here and now that it is shedding it's leaves in the fall like a maple tree, I find myself asking at which point do I get the same efficiency and functionality or more from a newer android phone.

I am still hanging in with my Passport but not going to get as emotional as some about it, just stating the facts about our state of reality which is we are now on an OS that we can all fear any update that comes, for that next update may remove something else that we enjoyed. That's not speculation that proven.

Posted via CB10
    Stop making yourself sound like your important; your are not, you are a nobody.

The Facebook website still works just fine and it has every single feature working perfectly, just like the day Facebook was invented.

When I see replies like this I also sense that someone is too emotionally involved lol. At least I can see the reality of the situation

Let it go!! Let go.......

Posted via CB10
    You're funny, you should be a comedian. I could not care less about the state of the Facebook app, because I know full well there are alternatives; first and foremost the website works perfectly. Perhaps you didn't know that Facebook has a Web page.

Also, if you just want to let it go then do so and GTFO. We are tired of hearing you drama queens with your BS "I'm leaving BlackBerry and I'm never coming back" threads.

Bye Felicia!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 07:13 PM

The Facebook website still works just fine and it has every single feature working perfectly, just like the day Facebook was invented.

You're funny, you should be a comedian. I could not care less about the state of the Facebook app, because I know full well there are alternatives; first and foremost the website works perfectly. Perhaps you didn't know that Facebook has a Web page.

Also, if you just want to let it go then do so and GTFO. We are tired of hearing you drama queens with your BS "I'm leaving BlackBerry and I'm never coming back" threads.

Bye Felicia!

Posted via CB10
    +1000 Well said.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    04-02-16 07:32 PM

Bye Felicia!

Posted via CB10
    I see this causes you much pain and I am sorry for that. I am glad that I am not as emotionally attached but that I can weigh my alternatives. The point isn't whether the webpage works or not it's the app and HUB integration and likewise with any other app or service that may fall victim like instagram and whatsapp. It's not just about phone calls and emails or texts, it's the whole picture and what makes a smart phone a SMART PHONE. Like I said earlier it's was the complete package that BlackBerry had to offer with the HUB one stop shop for all notifications that mad it so appealing. I do hope that it does not degrade any further in that way.

Perhaps some would be happy to die here with a blackberry pager in their hands but not I. When it becomes more work to keep all that I enjoy as a whole functioning on my phone that will be the hail Mary.

So in the end my point was and is merely to refrain from any updates unless you know someone or have researched on this site any I'll effects of such update, for this good run is winding down and my message was to ease or slow the transition from what we love to either Blackdroid (Priv or other) or any othe Android that suits your need be it plain or with a hacked BlackBerry HUB on it.

Hope this helps you understand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-02-16 at 09:52 PM.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    04-02-16 09:22 PM
    why would I need FB and WA anyway?
    Running all my Blackberry happily without this crap ever since, never missed this 3rd party services in the 1st place, cant see any reason why I would need to worry about this apps now.
    glad this apps finally are no longer coming along as bloat ware with the OS

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    04-02-16 09:31 PM
    On the original topic of this thread, I've had automatic updates turned off for a long time. I usually wait a few weeks to update, so that other people can serve as the 'beta testers' for the release (I know that shouldn't need to be the case with public release software, but there you have it), and make a decision about whether to upgrade or not based on their reports.

On the off-topic part of the thread, I want a phone with a good keyboard, and there isn't one for Android right now. The PRIV keyboard has shallow key travel and according to one of the gentlemen on the BerryFlow podcast, the clickiness has varied widely among his replacement units. The PRIV keyboards I have tried are not up to BlackBerry's usual standard.

So I view my BB10 device as the gateway drug to Android at this point. I'm slowly finding Android apps that I really like and use on a daily basis, most recently Simplenote and the Apollo music player. When the time comes, I'll switch to a device that will allow me to load an AOSP rom, so that I can continue to live a relatively Google-free life. That time will come when I can't find Jelly Bean compatible apps anymore, which I suspect will happen about a year from now.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-03-16 10:20 AM
    I think you will have much longer than a year on your OS 10 phone. Their are large numbers of older Android phones that cannot update any further, so you should be safe. I do suspect the weak link will be how you side load. I just had to update my SNAP program as the older version would no longer update some programs.

Woof!
    04-03-16 11:11 AM
    Warning: run on sentence:
    I am so glad I do not have android dependency like that gentlemen above and so many others do and I am certainly not a Facebook queen like that dude either and I am so gratified to be able to go onto the browser and sign into Facebook if I need to and until that big fat Zuckerberg gives me a commission check then I will not use his little website of privacy nightmare$

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 12:18 PM
    Warning: run on sentence:
    I am so glad I do not have android dependency like that gentlemen above and so many others do and I am certainly not a Facebook queen like that dude either and I am so gratified to be able to go onto the browser and sign into Facebook if I need to and until that big fat Zuckerberg gives me a commission check then I will not use his little website of privacy nightmare$

Posted via CB10
    I guess real men don't use a Facebook app lol. Note taken I did not know that lol!

Well some people have friend in many places that want to communicate with them other than just the ones you force by working with then or forcing your immediate presence upon them. To each their own on how they wish to communicate whether it be text, email, phone, snap, FB, whatsapp etc.... you can feel good if you like by cutting people down to pump yourself up but no harm done here.

Would also like to point out that some continue to focus on only the FB aspect and the msg is of a larger variety with FB being only one.
    Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 12:24 PM
    I see this causes you much pain and I am sorry for that. I am glad that I am not as emotionally attached but that I can weigh my alternatives.
    Comedy gold, I'm telling you.

You started a thread to whine about this, plus you are compelled to continue replying and defending your position and yet you have the gull to say you're not emotionally attached? That's some heavy reverse psychology there bud.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 01:02 PM
    ZeroBarrier.............................

Someone need a tissue so they can re read the posts.

When replying to you I stated that I wasn't to emotionally attached to BB10 and I also said I had the old version of facebook so still working for me.
    If need be I could use web browser No Problem

You seem kind of bent? Re read my points and try and understand I do love my Passport and BB10 while only warning others if they update FB WA or any other app to be aware that they may lose something in the process. My stance is I will stay with my Passport until too many of these services that plug into the HUB are missing forcing me to use my BlackBerry like an android by opening each app to answer msg's or view notifications.

Do you U N D E R S T A N D?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-03-16 at 01:48 PM.
    04-03-16 01:14 PM
58 123